Prospect Info: D Ty Smith

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Amanda does her job well. She talks to players and gets interviews in season. She's full contract starting this season so we'll get to see what she's really like. People in MTL loved her for being a good hype person, and she is clearly hyping people up on the Devils. Though that isn't bonafide grade A reporting, it is nice to see someone who cares about the team vs Gross. Very good at answering questions on twitter.

Trying to figure out why certain people hate on her for standing up for herself sometimes though, you see it in these boards too...

She does a fairly good job, though I do find it annoying sometimes when she veers too much away from just providing NJD updates in her feed which I've seen from time to time. I don't complain about it on Twitter (it's her feed to do what she wants with) and have just quietly unfollowed when it bothered me enough, though I do follow her currently.

I could also see the standing up for herself thing being annoying to some people. It's Twitter, there are tons and tons of idiots that spout off about things. If she's going to complain back about people complaining about her feed, those are petty, unless tweets. Again, I don't care enough to get involved but if people are saying that bothers them a bit I can at least understand it.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I was listening to the latest 31 Thoughts podcast with Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek. They went through each team and quickly talked about new additions. I forget if it was during the Devils discussion, but one of them mentioned that he had heard Edmonton was going to take Smith at #10 but Evan Bouchard somewhat unexpectedly fell to their spot.

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I was listening to the latest 31 Thoughts podcast with Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek. They went through each team and quickly talked about new additions. I forget if it was during the Devils discussion, but one of them mentioned that he had heard Edmonton was going to take Smith at #10 but Evan Bouchard somewhat unexpectedly fell to their spot.

yeah i’d imagine the ‘new additions’ segment about the devils was pretty quick lol

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
That seems pretty understandable to me. If you could get a bigger, right handed offensive defenseman why wouldn't you?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
He was pretty good. He defused a couple of plays with his skating alone and his passing is great. He made a few mistakes but the things he has to work on are so small relative to other d-men his age - things like positioning relative to the puck carrier on the powerplay. Minor details. Unlike a Mueller or Larsson, there's zero question: he should have a full time spot by next year.

If it's about icing the best possible defense this season, he should be playing. But he'll likely get the 1-9 game look and then get sent down.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Looked very comfortable out there again for the most part.

He is going to make it a more difficult decision for management which is great given his situation as a first time young kid.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Smith already looks good. I still firmly believe he should be sent down, but bring him overseas, let him see how the pro life is, then send him down. Let him destroy the competition and then next year he can step in.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Plus there was a few times where he got backed up right to the blue line and as I was looking to who he was going to pass to because he had absolutely no space to hold the zone, he would stick handle his way into some space and time. Allowing himself more than enough space to make a play instead of panic passing to the other D or guy on the half wall. And when he had no choice but to panic pass, they were always spot on.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
He looks so comfortable with the puck on his stick, it's really fun to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at the 9 games before being sent back, and would love to see how difficult of a decision he makes it for management on their next move.

He really looks like he'll be a gamer when he's fully developed. Can't wait!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00