Extras: Thomas - Sutter – Wilson

Klefbom – Jones
DeKeyser– Gudbranson
Sproul - Trouba
Extras: Mancarin– Matheson - Donovan

Holtby
Markstrom

uh, yeah...
not really close in my opinion, Also sent in my cup final votes, haven't voted for kllr yet

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
Agreed.

Nyquist - Mackinnon - Seguin
Lazar - Strome - Zykov
Tatar - Jarnkrok - Danault
Morin - Matteau - Boucher

Merrill - Morrissey
Urbom - Severson
Dietz - Gelinas

Mrazek
Laurikainen

vs

Hubredeau – Granlund – Kuznetsov
Silfverberg – Zibinejad – Kreider
Nino – Schiefele -Burmistrov
Jensen – Grimaldi – Howden

Klefbom – Jones
DeKeyser– Gudbranson
Sproul - Trouba

Holtby
Markstrom

uh, yeah...

i mean sure hes offence is good but it is only the first that stands out to me, and hes defence i only have heard of urbom and Merrill...

oh well. i hope guys votes good next game :p: ;)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Agreed.

Nyquist - Mackinnon - Seguin
Lazar - Strome - Zykov
Tatar - Jarnkrok - Danault
Morin - Matteau - Boucher

Merrill - Morrissey
Urbom - Severson
Dietz - Gelinas

Mrazek
Laurikainen

vs

Hubredeau – Granlund – Kuznetsov
Silfverberg – Zibinejad – Kreider
Nino – Schiefele -Burmistrov
Jensen – Grimaldi – Howden

Klefbom – Jones
DeKeyser– Gudbranson
Sproul - Trouba

Holtby
Markstrom

uh, yeah...

How the hell...?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
i mean sure hes offence is good but it is only the first that stands out to me, and hes defence i only have heard of urbom and Merrill...

oh well. i hope guys votes good next game :p: ;)

I think it's safe to say your team is easily better.

Ah well. Should have been me vs you for the KLLR cup.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
chicago-blackhawks-2009-stanley-cup-playoffs-western-conference-finals.jpg

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS
Marian Hossa ($5.275m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($3.864m—50.0%) / T.J. Oshie ($2.088m—50.0%)
David Clarkson ($1.333m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Blake Wheeler ($2.550m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.925m) / Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m)
George Parros ($0.938m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Nick Leddy ($1.167m) / Barret Jackman ($1.583m—50.0%)
Zach Bogosian ($2.500m) / Andrej Sekera ($1.375m—50.0%)
Michal Rozsival ($2.000m) /

GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller ($3.125m—50.0%)
Martin Brodeur ($2.250m—50.0%)
Ray Emery ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,660,430; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $4,539,570

Well it's a battle of the best of the best this best GM game and there is no doubt there this will be a tough series. The Pens clearly have a great offense there is no doubt about that. But we here in :hawks feel like we have a pretty good offense group too. It's not loaded up with offensive talent like the pens have but it is a good group with a mix of scoring and grit. Our bottom line contains some of the more annoying and gritty players in the league.

While offense might not be our thing we here in :hawks feel like this series will come down to defense and we are confident in our D-crop to get the job done. It contains a good defensive defensemen on every pairing and every defensemen in the D-Crop has the ability to shutdown opposing teams offense. In goal we have a former Olympian and Silver medal winner goaltender in Ryan Miller who has shown when given an average team he can still take them to the playoffs (Buffalo 2010-11). If he for some reason can't handle the pressure we have a 2 time Gold medal champ and 3 time Stanley Cup champ in Martin Brodeur who is the best goaltender in league history. Last season clearly showed he still has some game in him left. In the third slot we have Ray Emery who has made it to the Cup finals before and he has had a great season.

In conclusion the pens might have a better forward group but here in :hawks we believe we have a better defense group and a more experience and deeper goaltending duo but like I said before this will be a tight series and will be hard fought and no matter what happens there will be no hard feelings.

Vote :hawks

West Coast Bias*

zrybCaK.jpg

Chris Kunitz / Sidney Crosby / Martin Havlat
James Neal / Evgeni Malkin / Jarome Iginla
Patrick Marleau / Joe Pavelski / Drew Stafford
Raffi Torres / Jussi Jokinen / Pascal Dupuis

Brandon Sutter

Kris Letang / Brooks Orpik
Marc-Edouard Vlasic / Matt Niskanen
Douglas Murray / Henrik Tallinder

Deryk Engelland / Mark Eaton

Antti Niemi
Tomas Vokoun

Hey, the two best teams in the game are in the cup final. That's a good thing.

The strength of my team is our offensive unit. Sidney Crosby is the best player in the game, and Evgeni Malkin is a true superstar. All 4 lines can fill the net with ease, and there's a clear divide in quality between my group and Chicago's group. If you're a fan of grit, there's no one in the league who brings a blend of hitting and hockey talent quite like Raffi Torres. Chicago's bottom line has plenty of grit, but very little talent.

The Hawks have the better defense, but it's very close in terms of talent differential. My defense is more experienced than Chicago's, and has a good mix of puck movers like Kris Letang, and shutdown defenders like Marc-Edouard Vlasic.

In goal, only one team is starting a player who has won a Stanley Cup. The brilliant Antti Niemi is playing the best hockey of his career, while Ryan Miller has been going through a period of substandard play, media meltdowns, and an early start to his golfing season.

To conclude, the Pens have an unreal offense and Vezina-caliber goaltending. It can go either way, but I feel that my team is slightly better than the opposition.

Vote :pens

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This is definitely the best Cup Finals I've ever seen. Either of these teams would win the Cup most games.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
zrybCaK.jpg

Chris Kunitz / Sidney Crosby / Martin Havlat
James Neal / Evgeni Malkin / Jarome Iginla
Patrick Marleau / Joe Pavelski / Drew Stafford
Raffi Torres / Jussi Jokinen / Pascal Dupuis

Brandon Sutter

Kris Letang / Brooks Orpik
Marc-Edouard Vlasic / Matt Niskanen
Douglas Murray / Henrik Tallinder

Deryk Engelland / Mark Eaton

Antti Niemi
Tomas Vokoun

Hey, the two best teams in the game are in the cup final. That's a good thing.

The strength of my team is our offensive unit. Sidney Crosby is the best player in the game, and Evgeni Malkin is a true superstar. All 4 lines can fill the net with ease, and there's a clear divide in quality between my group and Chicago's group. If you're a fan of grit, there's no one in the league who brings a blend of hitting and hockey talent quite like Raffi Torres. Chicago's bottom line has plenty of grit, but very little talent.

The Hawks have the better defense, but it's very close in terms of talent differential. My defense is more experienced than Chicago's, and has a good mix of puck movers like Kris Letang, and shutdown defenders like Marc-Edouard Vlasic.

In goal, only one team is starting a player who has won a Stanley Cup. The brilliant Antti Niemi is playing the best hockey of his career, while Ryan Miller has been going through a period of substandard play, media meltdowns, and an early start to his golfing season.

To conclude, the Pens have an unreal offense and Vezina-caliber goaltending. It can go either way, but I feel that my team is slightly better than the opposition.

Vote :pens

That trade should've been veto'ed IMHO. You literally made like, three trades and yet made the finals...

I always prefer to vote based on who did the better job than who actually has the better team.

West Coast Bias*

That trade should've been veto'ed IMHO. You literally made like, three trades and yet made the finals...

I always prefer to vote based on who did the better job than who actually has the better team.

I agree. It's always nice when a GM like Dong can take a team from the bottom of the league all the way up to first in the conference.

I made 5 trades involving roughly the same amount of players as Dong's 10 trades. Let me know how many trades I need to make next game to earn your vote.

Maybe you and Ali can form a trade committee in the next game so we can make sure that every deal is fair value.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I agree. It's always nice when a GM like Dong can take a team from the bottom of the league all the way up to first in the conference.

I made 5 trades involving roughly the same amount of players as Dong's 10 trades. Let me know how many trades I need to make next game to earn your vote.

Maybe you and Ali can form a trade committee in the next game so we can make sure that every deal is fair value.

I think we all agree that San Jose deal was ridiculous. About as ridiculous as the Stamkos deal.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
That san jose trade was ridiculous and i still cant see how devils was winning over me, you guys who voted for devils, why? I want to hear your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln