D habs98 GM Game v3.0- Sign Up+ Discussion(5 teams available )

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Second Round

East

:bruins 5-6 :sabres

50413_72602070480_7555781_q.jpg
9-2 :pens

West

:nashville 6-5 :wings

:sharks 7-4 :nucks

Thrid Round

West
1. :nashville
2. :sharks

East

50413_72602070480_7555781_q.jpg

8. :sabres

Last edited:

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Jeez no respect for Detroit eh? That's a damn good team with a crazy amount of leadership should have been able to pull it out in my opinion, better luck next year.

Congrads to the winners

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Buffalo! The Montreal of the 2012 playoffs are in the conference finals against Winnipeg!

Great series vs Boston, would like to thank them for an awesome series.

Now it's time for the first major test. The powerhouse of the East, Winnipeg. Hope for a great series and vote for an extremely deep team in Buffalo

VOTE :sabres

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Yeah, and I want to see how a 2012 draft will work...

Also I've had this logo ready through two games :laugh:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=904052 : A good thread to get your picks from...

I posted a top 30 earlier (which is debatable). But Yakupov, Murray, Trouba, Grigorenko, Frk, Collberg, Forsberg should all be top picks if they dont regress...

You could throw Reinhart, Galchenyuk, Dumba, Grigensons, Kerdiles in the second tier...and other guys who are going to rise/play well... (Ciampini? etc.)

weird point...a few (semi?) skilled Latvians in the draft;

(Along with Girgensons ...)

Semjonovs had over 40 goals and 40 assists in 21 games in what I assume is the weaker (weakest?) j18 Swedish league...

and Jevpalovs had close to 50 goals/50 assists in 41 games in the Canadian GMHL development league....

Jul 10, 2010
Both great matchups.

Why You should take :sharks over :nashville
The sharks play a very well rounded game. We have 3 excellent two way forwards on our top line in Marleau-Thornton-Couture. Thorntons size negates brown, Marleaus speed negates Carter and Coutures IQ negates Eriksons.

Our 2nd line of Heatley-Pavelski-Eberle is what will win us this series. With nashville having to put Weber-Suter on thorntons line, this line is free to reak havoc on which ever one of the other 2 defensive pairings Nashville throws our way. Heatley has found his game again playing with pavelski and Eberle continues to develop into a very good scorer. Late in games, All 3 of these guys are on the ice.

Our 3rd line gets the pairing Pavs line didnt. Arnotts size makes him hard to control down low and Clowes nastiness gives him tons of space. Sturms speed makes the defneders aware when he is on the ice. Nashville has no forward or defensive line to compete with these guys.

Our 4th line is able to get under nashvilles skin. mcGinn and Belanger will both make nashville take stupid penalties and Mayers is great at pking the ones we do take.

Our 1st d pairing has Chris pronger. Chris Freaking pronger! If my top line cant shut down nashs top line, pronger sure as hell can. Ehroff makes this pairing a very good offensive threat as well as he has a booming slapper from the point.

Our 2nd pairing is also really good. Z.Michalek sacrifices his body to block every shot he can, and Dan boyle is one of the best puck movers in the game. he makes very good passes and can rush it. this helps out the Pavs line alot, and gives them alot more chances to score

Our 3rd pairing is very good, for their age. Doherty looks like a Myers clone and Demers is progressing very nicely. they may be young, but they dont show it.

Goaltending is fine. Nittymaki makes the saves when he has to, and looking at the rest of the roster thats roughly 10 times a night. With nashvilles feeble offence, it'll be around 7-8 times a game in this series

Why the :nashvile WONT win

Pekka Rinne can only make so many saves. he'll be eghausted by the time the 3rd comes as San Jose will have 50 shots at that point. Weber-Suter cant play all game, and their defence is weak after that. And lets not mention you cant win if you dont score. With that offence, against my defence, scoring is unlikely.

:sharks better then the Canucks, and the Preds :sharks

PS: maybe Carrie Underwood can write a song called the red light blues...

Voting is going too fast I was not here to promote my team/bash others teams after every post to match up with counterpart. ;)
Hey it worked, didnt it. I musta forgot to mention ive hired Rex Ryan as my media personal...

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Both great matchups.

Why You should take :sharks over :nashville
The sharks play a very well rounded game. We have 3 excellent two way forwards on our top line in Marleau-Thornton-Couture. Thorntons size negates brown, Marleaus speed negates Carter and Coutures IQ negates Eriksons.

Our 2nd line of Heatley-Pavelski-Eberle is what will win us this series. With nashville having to put Weber-Suter on thorntons line, this line is free to reak havoc on which ever one of the other 2 defensive pairings Nashville throws our way. Heatley has found his game again playing with pavelski and Eberle continues to develop into a very good scorer. Late in games, All 3 of these guys are on the ice.

Our 3rd line gets the pairing Pavs line didnt. Arnotts size makes him hard to control down low and Clowes nastiness gives him tons of space. Sturms speed makes the defneders aware when he is on the ice. Nashville has no forward or defensive line to compete with these guys.

Our 4th line is able to get under nashvilles skin. mcGinn and Belanger will both make nashville take stupid penalties and Mayers is great at pking the ones we do take.

Our 1st d pairing has Chris pronger. Chris Freaking pronger! If my top line cant shut down nashs top line, pronger sure as hell can. Ehroff makes this pairing a very good offensive threat as well as he has a booming slapper from the point.

Our 2nd pairing is also really good. Z.Michalek sacrifices his body to block every shot he can, and Dan boyle is one of the best puck movers in the game. he makes very good passes and can rush it. this helps out the Pavs line alot, and gives them alot more chances to score

Our 3rd pairing is very good, for their age. Doherty looks like a Myers clone and Demers is progressing very nicely. they may be young, but they dont show it.

Goaltending is fine. Nittymaki makes the saves when he has to, and looking at the rest of the roster thats roughly 10 times a night. With nashvilles feeble offence, it'll be around 7-8 times a game in this series

Why the :nashvile WONT win

Pekka Rinne can only make so many saves. he'll be eghausted by the time the 3rd comes as San Jose will have 50 shots at that point. Weber-Suter cant play all game, and their defence is weak after that. And lets not mention you cant win if you dont score. With that offence, against my defence, scoring is unlikely.

:sharks better then the Canucks, and the Preds :sharks

PS: maybe Carrie Underwood can write a song called the red light blues...
Whose the last team to avg 10 shats and 50 shots for per game? Pronger is not God. Who says Heatley has found his game and Eberle is developing??? I actually think Heatley continues to choke and Eberle is still and avg 3rd liner for good team. Nyttimaki will get more then 10 shots this isn't novice hockey here and he is NOT a starting goalie. Thornton and Marleau=choke!!!

Jul 10, 2010
Whose the last team to avg 10 shats and 50 shots for per game? Pronger is not God. Who says Heatley has found his game and Eberle is developing??? I actually think Heatley continues to choke and Eberle is still and avg 3rd liner for good team. Nyttimaki will get more then 10 shots this isn't novice hockey here and he is NOT a starting goalie. Thornton and Marleau=choke!!!

Nice try but San Jose averaged 50 shots a game last year vs Colorado in round 1.

Heatley played half this season hurt, with a broken wrist, an injury that severly effects your ability to pass and shoot. he was leading the team in points before this. he also had a sprained ankle, making it hard for him to skate.

Pronger is not god, but Eberle is. Pronger as 3 cup appearances in the 6 seasons since the lockout. That is truely amazing. Also on 3 different teams. Even more impressive.

As above, Eberle is no 3rd liner, he is god. He is the Roman god Clutch, he was sent to earth to provide clutch goals and victories to teams he plays on.

Look at Nashvilles roster, they'll only get 10, and 9 will be wrist shots from above the faceoff dot.

Nittymaki was a starter for the 06 finland olympic team, but he is not a starter :shakehead

Thornton has shaken the choker label. If you watched that detriot series, he single handidly dominated you guys.

Oh and i made sure Marleau had a heart transplant in the offseason, he's got tons of heart now.

PS: Most hockey players spend their offseason golfing. The canucks go to the local pool and practice on the diving board.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I respect JP alot, so I won't make this a typical slander campaign.

...​

It took a lot for the Winnipeg Jets to be where they are today. A tortuous custody battle worked out in our favor; and we are forever in debt to the people of Atlanta. We hope you know every win is for you guys in Georgia.

Our inaugural season couldn't have gone any better. We bucked the "small market" fallacy and brought home our backyard heroes. We're homegrown, but we've grown in every one of your homes, right before your eyes. Your support is everything to us, and we've only gotten this far because of it.

Thank you.

Vote Winnipeg.

- The Winnipeg Jets

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Nice try but San Jose averaged 50 shots a game last year vs Colorado in round 1.

Heatley played half this season hurt, with a broken wrist, an injury that severly effects your ability to pass and shoot. he was leading the team in points before this. he also had a sprained ankle, making it hard for him to skate.

Pronger is not god, but Eberle is. Pronger as 3 cup appearances in the 6 seasons since the lockout. That is truely amazing. Also on 3 different teams. Even more impressive.

As above, Eberle is no 3rd liner, he is god. He is the Roman god Clutch, he was sent to earth to provide clutch goals and victories to teams he plays on.

Look at Nashvilles roster, they'll only get 10, and 9 will be wrist shots from above the faceoff dot.

Nittymaki was a starter for the 06 finland olympic team, but he is not a starter :shakehead

Thornton has shaken the choker label. If you watched that detriot series, he single handidly dominated you guys.

Oh and i made sure Marleau had a heart transplant in the offseason, he's got tons of heart now.

PS: Most hockey players spend their offseason golfing. The canucks go to the local pool and practice on the diving board.
Colorado isn't exactly the same as Nashville. Nashville's roster will definately get over 10 shots otherwise they would have finished AHEAD of you in the standings. Wasn't Redden on Canada's 06 Olympic team...Wasn't Cam Ward, Marc Andre Fleury NOT on the team too...that must mean Nyttimaki is so much better ahhh that makes sense seeing as it was 5 years ago and John Tavares was what 15 and obviously hasn't changed because players don't change and get better and worst. Lets not forget the only reason he made the team was because of the injuries Lehtonen and Kipper. Yea he played good but he isn't exactly the same goalie he was that tourny. And that .896%, 24 games, 12 wins, and 7 losses this year (lower then Schneider and Varlamov I'd like to add) were top notch. How many victories did Eberle get Oilers??? I'd also like to add that Datsyuk literally dominated the Shark single handedly as he injured his one hand at one point.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I respect JP alot, so I won't make this a typical slander campaign.

...​

It took a lot for the Winnipeg Jets to be where they are today. A tortuous custody battle worked out in our favor; and we are forever in debt to the people of Atlanta. We hope you know every win is for you guys in Georgia.

Our inaugural season couldn't have gone any better. We bucked the "small market" fallacy and brought home our backyard heroes. We're homegrown, but we've grown in every one of your homes, right before your eyes. Your support is everything to us, and we've only gotten this far because of it.

Thank you.

Vote Winnipeg.

- The Winnipeg Jets

Thank you very much Soli. I doubt this series will have much of the usual trash talk. However let me say this.

We hoped coming into the regular season that we would have better fortunes. Many of us did. We knew we had a good team capable of going hard into the division, but alas we ended up in 8th.

That never stopped the determination of the Buffalo Sabres. We knew, we all did, that we needed an extra push, that we needed experiance in these coming playoffs. Gagne and Kaberle were happy to provide and Miller has stood on his head. We are very happy with the fans cooperation and how much they have cheered on the Buffalo Sabres.

This one is for you Buffalo! We did it, we have made it to the Conference Finals as the biggest underdog of the 2012 playoffs!

Thanks to all the voters out there

Vote :sabres

Jul 10, 2010
Colorado isn't exactly the same as Nashville. Nashville's roster will definately get over 10 shots otherwise they would have finished AHEAD of you in the standings. Wasn't Redden on Canada's 06 Olympic team...Wasn't Cam Ward, Marc Andre Fleury NOT on the team too...that must mean Nyttimaki is so much better ahhh that makes sense seeing as it was 5 years ago and John Tavares was what 15 and obviously hasn't changed because players don't change and get better and worst. Lets not forget the only reason he made the team was because of the injuries Lehtonen and Kipper. Yea he played good but he isn't exactly the same goalie he was that tourny. And that .896%, 24 games, 12 wins, and 7 losses this year (lower then Schneider and Varlamov I'd like to add) were top notch. How many victories did Eberle get Oilers??? I'd also like to add that Datsyuk literally dominated the Shark single handedly as he injured his one hand at one point.

Im bored of arguing with you. My team has already beat your team out, meaning we were better.

Anyway, Soli, i have a fealing that comment was directed at me :laugh:

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Im bored of arguing with you. My team has already beat your team out, meaning we were better.

Anyway, Soli, i have a fealing that comment was directed at me :laugh:
Just defending from the bashing. Would rather you make your team sound good w/o bashing others. Once you bashed the nucks I felt the need to comeback and pull the ol basheroo myself.

Jul 10, 2010
Just defending from the bashing. Would rather you make your team sound good w/o bashing others. Once you bashed the nucks I felt the need to comeback and pull the ol basheroo myself.

In your case i felt the need to bash, im still angry the canucks beat my sharks out this year.

And hows about we save it till we meet up in another GM playoff game playoff round, and then we can bash the living **** outta each other :naughty:

And outta curiousity: outta you 3 who forgot to vote, how many of you vote for Vancouver?

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Look at my roster. I actually have 3 scoring lines that are defensively responsible, and can pot goals pretty easily. If you have the advantage offensively, then it's barely evident. And that's not trash talk. Nashville has a balanced attack, something that every team in the league strives for.

Now, defensively, I'm sorry, but, it's not close. Suter and Weber are a MUCH better pairing than Pronger and Ehrhoff. Also, Regehr is a better shutdown defenseman than Michalek, even though Danny Boyle might be a step above Streit.

After that? My bottom pairing kills yours, all people need to do is look at it. If my team is getting 10 shots a game, you're getting 5...

And Pekka Rinne will stop those 5. Nittymaki won't stop all 10.

In addition, I would like to say that I am proud to say we overcame Detroit. It was an even series, but, we ultimately pulled it out. We jelled as a team and feel like we can win the Cup.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
In your case i felt the need to bash, im still angry the canucks beat my sharks out this year.

And hows about we save it till we meet up in another GM playoff game playoff round, and then we can bash the living **** outta each other :naughty:

And outta curiousity: outta you 3 who forgot to vote, how many of you vote for Vancouver?
Well me obviously...I would also vote preds, bruins, and jets.
I needed to counter bash b/c I was ticked about the Sharks beating the Wings, and I just can't stand them, sorry. :laugh:

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Look at my roster. I actually have 3 scoring lines that are defensively responsible, and can pot goals pretty easily. If you have the advantage offensively, then it's barely evident. And that's not trash talk. Nashville has a balanced attack, something that every team in the league strives for.

Now, defensively, I'm sorry, but, it's not close. Suter and Weber are a MUCH better pairing than Pronger and Ehrhoff. Also, Regehr is a better shutdown defenseman than Michalek, even though Danny Boyle might be a step above Streit.

After that? My bottom pairing kills yours, all people need to do is look at it. If my team is getting 10 shots a game, you're getting 5...

And Pekka Rinne will stop those 5. Nittymaki won't stop all 10.

In addition, I would like to say that I am proud to say we overcame Detroit. It was an even series, but, we ultimately pulled it out. We jelled as a team and feel like we can win the Cup.
That would be a boring game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad