D habs98 GM Game v3.0- Sign Up+ Discussion(5 teams available )

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:nhl
D habs98 GM Game v3.0
To join the game , post in this thread with the team you would like to manage. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Jobs"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start -June 5th, 9:20pm ET
  • Entry Draft:June 10,2011 6:00pm ET
  • Free Agency:June 11th 9:00pm ET
  • Free Agency Ends: Jun 14th-7:00pm ET
  • Season Begins: June 14th 7:01pm ET
  • Trading Deadline: June 17th 9:00pm ET
  • Standings Voting:
  • Quarterfinal Voting:
  • Semi-final Voting:
  • Conference Final Voting:Ju
  • Cup Finals:
All times are EST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $62,400,000M
  • All teams MUST be under the cap at all times, any trade completed that puts a team over the cap will be vetoed.
  • Use CapGeek to find players salaries as well as NTCs and NMCs.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
  • Only 2 players can be place on waivers
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • All trades MUST be sent to donghabs98
  • Any trade not sent to me will be vetoed.
  • Deals involving NTCs or NMCs MUST be confirmed by 2 out of 3 commissioners(Main,Co,Trade) before being announced, or it will be vetoed. Include a reason why the player will waive to be traded.
  • Any trade, NTC or not, announced before being sent in will be vetoed.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a trade puts a team over the cap, it will be vetoed.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • Trading is not allowed before all GM's have joined. Any deal announced before this will be vetoed.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Agents"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents for your RFA's,
  • Pending FA's can be found at CapGeekTry to re-sign in groups, it makes it easier for the agents.
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Not all players will re-sign, in fact, the majority will probably test free agency.
  • Any player not re-signed by 11:59 P.M. the day before free agency will enter free agency, and you will not have exclusive rights.
  • Just because you made the first, or highest, offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
[/fieldset]
[fieldset="RFA"]
  • Each team gets 2 offersheets
  • The team that owns the player can match as much as it wants
  • RFA's are automatically qualified
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • I will keep track of signings and re-signings but it really helps if you keep track of your own.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necissarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Teams are in order of preference

1.Tampa
2.Anaheim
3.Columbus

So if im accepted, i'd just like you guys to tell me where to start i want to have an in-depth salary cap set up, i know some teams have a crazy amount of information I think i should start there, if not any information would be great on where to start

Didn't know if this was seen in the last thread or not lol

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Teams are in order of preference

1.Tampa
2.Anaheim
3.Columbus

So if im accepted, i'd just like you guys to tell me where to start i want to have an in-depth salary cap set up, i know some teams have a crazy amount of information I think i should start there, if not any information would be great on where to start

Tampa, AFAIK, they don't have Roloson, Smith, Purcell, Brewer, Gagne, Bergenheim.

Anaheim has a roster set up that is pretty up to date as far as who they traded for Bobby Ryan and such. You can find the roster in the 1st post of this page.

Columbus is still intact and has some roster additions via Free Agency.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
We-Did-It.gif

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:ducks

[FIELDSET="Roster"]Rene Bouque - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Brian Gionta - Saku Koivu - Teemu Selanee
XXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXXX - Clarke MacArthur
Brandon McMillan - XXXXXXXXXX - Dan Sexton

Lubomir Visnovsky - Cam Fowler
Marc Staal - Francois Beauchimen
XXXXXXXXX - Toni Lydman

Jonas Hiller
Dan Ellis[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Trade Block"]Untouchable - Bold

Available - Toni Lydman, Dan Ellis[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Team Wants"]---[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Prospects"]3.Kyle Palmieri, RW
4.Sami Vatanen, D
5.Devante Smith-Pelly, LW
6.Brandon McMillan, LW
7.Justin Schultz, D
8.Nick Bonino, C
9.Igor Bobkov, G
10.Patrick Maroon, LW
HM: TJ Brodie, Kenny Ryan, Pavel Valentenko
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="2011 Entry Draft"]53rd Overall -
83rd Overall -
119th Overall -[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Transactions"]
Team A | Acquired | Team B | Acquired
:ducks|Rene Bourque, TJ Brodie, CGY 4th 2011|:flames|Luca Sbisa, Nicolas Deschamps, ANA 1st 2011|
:ducks|Clarke MacArthur, Kenny Ryan|:leafs|Matt Belesky, Peter Holland|
:ducks|Brian Gionta, MTL 4th 2011|:habs|Emerson Etem, Andy Sutton|
:ducks|Bobby Ryan|:rangers|Marc Staal, Pavel Valentenko|

Signings
Clarke MacArthur, 3 years, 9.15 Million
Teemu Selanee, 1 year, 4.5 Million, NMC

Waivers
Jason Blake[/FIELDSET]​

CBJ has a full roster

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Tampa, AFAIK, they don't have Roloson, Smith, Purcell, Brewer, Gagne, Bergenheim.

Anaheim has a roster set up that is pretty up to date as far as who they traded for Bobby Ryan and such. You can find the roster in the 1st post of this page.

Columbus is still intact and has some roster additions via Free Agency.

Looking at Anaheim's roster, it's pretty ugly IMO

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
CAR vs WPG - Wow, the two teams that turned it around so well, the two that I would have personally thought would be playing eachother in the Eastern Conference Finals. This is my pick for best series of the 2011 playoffs

Offense:
CAR < WPG
Defense:
CAR > WPG
Goaltending:
CAR = WPG

Playoff Experiance:
CAR > WPG
Intangibles:
CAR < WPG

Winner: WPG in 7

Conn Smythe winner vs. no playoff experience?
:help:

And what are these intangibles you speak of?! :laugh:

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Does Columbus still have there pick? I think i'll go with Columbus instead, it'll be easier for me to start with them as aposed to from scratch with Tampa.

If there's any information about columbus that isn't on the roster thread i'd love to know about it lol, what draft picks i have who i drafted, ect ect, if there's a place for me to find all the information i can do it myself.

Thanks alot guys, looking forward to being a GM

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

NSH vs ANA - For me I know who the better team is. It is the team that has turned it around so much, has become the #1 team in the league in 1 offseason. It's also the same matchup we saw last year

Offense:
NSH > ANA
Defense:
NSH > ANA
Goaltending:
NSH > ANA
Playoff Experiance:
NSH < ANA
Intangibles:
NSH > ANA

Winner: NSH in 4

I am okay with this :yo:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
RETAPE CAUSE AG WAS LATE! HOPEFULLY THE WEST COAST VIEWERS DIDN'T SEE IT!

0.jpg

Canada's favorite Mock-Game Show kicks off the 1st round. Our panelists, KesselLooksLikeRadar, JumpierPegasus, and Anton Gretzky if he shall ever show up. I, Soli, shall act as your Quiz Master. Lets get started.

Of these lower seeds, who has the greatest potential to pull an upset?

A. Buffalo
B. St. Louis
C. New Jersey
D. Other

KLLR: Buffalo. While New Jersey has a great chance to beat Boston, the perfect storm is brewing for Buffalo. Washington has fallen off and does not have a completed roster while Buffalo has a very underrated offense which could stun the Capitals. Ryan Miller will have to play at an all-world level.

JP: Buffalo & New Jersey. Washington has fallen after the deadline and were lucky to keep #1 in the division. They looked sloppy in the last month or so and I think Buffalo can take advantage of that. Boston has a good team, however NJ seems stacked this year. I think we can see NJ pull a pretty great upset upon last years champs

AG: I'll go with New Jersey. It'll be hard to dethrone the reigning champs, but they made some great deadline acquisitions and really hit their stride down the stretch. They're getting hot at the right time.

Soli: JP... you committed a classicl Quiz faux-pa on your first question. Minus 2. I'll agree with Buffalo. Last season Washington goes out, adds heart, and it still didn't matter. This season, they added a fragile playoff goaltender and don't play a system that will protect him. It's a recipe for disaster IMO.

Who has the best 1st line in the West and is it enough to propel them out of the 1st round?

A. Detroit (Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Iginla)
B. Chicago (Cammallari - Richards - Kane)
C. San Jose (Marleau - Thornton - Couture)
D. Los Angeles (Williams - Kopitar - Hossa)

KLLR: Detroit. Detroit doesn't have the scoring depth that Chicago has, so they will have to rely on their first line to carry them as they have all year. The question then becomes how far can that line carry them in the playoffs.

JP: Detroit. With the acquisition of Iginla has propelled that line into star status. They have a great #1 line consisting of leadership, grit, great sniping ability, and skill

AG: Gotta be Chicago. No line has more goal scoring ability.

Soli: Chicago. That RaCK line of Richards Cammallari and Kane "racks" up all the goals. They were assembled for one purpose and that was to be the most dynamic offensive line in hockey. They're chemistry is undeniable and they think the game on a whole different level when they're together. Chicago has the master plan to unravel any #1 line, and that's Davie Bolland.

The East has two premiere goaltending battles about to unfold, WAS vs. BUF and BOS. vs. NJD. All strong teams by their own right, but who's playoff hopes rely squarely on their goaltender?

A. Buffalo (Ryan Miller)
B. New Jersey (Martin Broudeur)
C. Boston (Tim Thomas)
D. Washinton (Roberto Luongo)

KLLR: Buffalo. As I mentioned earlier about their offense, they are very underrated, however, if Buffalo is to upset Washington, they need Ryan Miller to stand on his head, much like he did in the Olympics. If Ryan Miller is average, Washington will dominate the series.

JP: Buffalo has a partially deep team, but the other three teams definatly have the skill upfront to do it. Buffalo is going to use Miller to work past teams. This means if Miller tank, Buffalo tanks. We rarely see that however as Miller is a premier goalie.

AG: Luongo for Washington. They finally have the goalie they've been lacking, but he'll need to step and be clutch for the Capitals to finally make it out of the east.

Soli: Washington and Roberto Luongo. No goalie has ever had more scrutiny placed on him than Roberto Luongo. Whatever team he's on, he's always the #1 topic. The title of playoff choker is a very, very difficult one to shake off.

Which of these GM-abandoned teams is most screwed in the playoffs?

A. Washington
B. Philadelphia
C. Los Angeles
D. Anaheim

KLLR: Anaheim. While Philadelphia is in deep trouble, Anaheim has the toughest task ahead of them. They have to face the President's Trophy winning Nashville, and unless Nashville under-performs and the Ducks play up to their potential, they shouldn't have a chance in this series.

JP:Yes Philly. They didn't do much this season and just fell down in the standings. Another team potentiall harmed is Washington, but I feel that Philly is screwed in their own right

AG: Philly did acquire Carey Price, so I can't say it's them. I'll go with Anaheim. They're facing the best team in the regular season, and early Cup favorites. With no GM I expect this series to be over very quickly.

Soli: Los Angeles. Vancouver's just pissed heading into the playoffs and Los Angeles is gonna have to bear the brunt of it. The Sedins will blow their load in one series trying to show they've grown as players and unfortunately, Los Angeles is gonna be the ones left on their knees.

Finally, your thoughts on the series matchups and who will win and in how many games

KLLR:
WSH vs BUF: Buffalo in 7. This should be a really close series, and as of right now, Buffalo has the momentum to knock off the number 1 seed in the East
BOS vs NJD: Boston in 6. While New Jersey made great acquisitions, Boston acquiring Jason Spezza should not be overlooked. Boston should pull this series out with solid defensive player and a balanced offense.
PIT vs PHI: Pittsburgh in 5. This series is probably going to be the least interesting of all the match-ups. Pittsburgh should take this one because they are the lesser of two evils. They made slightly better moves than Philly.
CAR vs WPG: Carolina in 7. Amazing series, and should go down to the wire. The teams are very close, but, I feel the deciding factor will be Cam Ward and his ability to play under pressure.

NSH vs ANA: Nashville in 4. Anaheim became worse, Nashville became better. Nashville won the series in 6 last year, and should not expect a different result.
SJ vs STL: San Jose in 5. Nittymaki will hold up in the first round of the playoffs and the Sharks will show they are the better team in this match-up
VAN vs LAK: Vancouver in 5. Los Angeles might have an underrated defense, but they made themselves much worse this offseason. Vancouver should win this easily.
CHI vs DET: Detroit in 7. In my opinion, the closest series. Looking up and down the rosters, they are almost equal, but, the leadership on Detroit will be the deciding factor, and Detroit will advance.

AG:
WSH vs. BUF - Was in 7. It'll be a close series, but home ice advantage wins out.
BOS vs. NJD - NJD in 6. The Devil's new additions will get the job done.
PIT vs. PHI - Pit in 5. The inactive Philadelphia GM really hurt his team.
CAR vs. WPG - CAR in 7. Will be the best series of the 1st round. In the end playoff experience and leadership from their captain and goaltender, on top of home ice advantage, will win it for the Hurricanes.

NSH vs. ANA - NSH in 4. 'nuf said.
SJ vs. STL - SJ in 5. STL will steal a game early, but SJ is clearly the better team and it'll show.
VAN vs. LAK - Van in 4. Don't expect too much of a challenge here for the defending Western conference champs.
CHI vs. DET - DET in 7. This should be a great series. In the end Detroit pulls it out

Soli:
Buffalo in 7. Washington's attempt to rely on a counter-attack system will fail against an Offense-always Buffalo. If they don't step on the gas and run and gun with Buffalo, they don't stand a chance.
New Jersey in 6. The loss of the Nose-Faced Killer will come back to bite Boston in the ass. Stanley Cup Hangover will be too much.
Pittsburgh in 5. Questionable moves, but still have Philly right where they want them.
Winnipeg in 4 :naughty:

Nashville in 5. The toast of the NHL right now. They shouldn't take this too likely, they still need to come together as a team and any 1st round cake-walk might delude them to thinking it'll be easier than it is.
San Jose in 6. Unless Malkin and Halak go Godly Beast mode... I fear the Sharks feast in round 1.
Vancouver in 5. GM-abandoned LAK are SOL.
Chicago in 6. Chicago's hungry, deep, and ready to lay the body on a comparably softer Wings team.

JP:
WSH vs BUF - Two very talented goalies. Miller seems to have the upper edge. Offense is definatly Washingtons strong suit and they will have to rely on it as they fell throughout the end of last season.

Offense:
WSH > BUF
Defense:
WSH = BUF
Goaltending:
WSH < BUF
Playoff Experiance:
WSH < BUF
Intangibles:
WSH = BUF

Winner: BUF in 7

BOS vs NJD - Another goalie match-up. NJ really turned it up and around this season with many good acquisitions by RS. Can they upset the beastly Bruins, and last years up winners? It happened this year with VAN and CHI

Offense:
BOS < NJD
Defense:
BOS < NJD
Goaltending:
BOS > NJD
Playoff Experiance:
BOS > NJD
Intangibles:
BOS > NJD

Winner: NJD in 7

PIT vs PHI - Two teams that blew themselves... up. With a couple of weird moves here and there, this will not be an exciting series.

Offense:
PIT > PHI
Defense:
PIT > PHI
Goaltending:
PIT > PHI
Playoff Experiance:
PIT = PHI
Intangibles:
PIT > PHI

Winner: PIT in 4

CAR vs WPG - Wow, the two teams that turned it around so well, the two that I would have personally thought would be playing eachother in the Eastern Conference Finals. This is my pick for best series of the 2011 playoffs

Offense:
CAR < WPG
Defense:
CAR > WPG
Goaltending:
CAR = WPG
Playoff Experiance:
CAR > WPG
Intangibles:
CAR < WPG

Winner: WPG in 7

NSH vs ANA - For me I know who the better team is. It is the team that has turned it around so much, has become the #1 team in the league in 1 offseason. It's also the same matchup we saw last year

Offense:
NSH > ANA
Defense:
NSH > ANA
Goaltending:
NSH > ANA
Playoff Experiance:
NSH < ANA
Intangibles:
NSH > ANA

Winner: NSH in 4

SJ vs STL - Is the inclusion of Malkin enough to bring the first upset in the West? Without a goalie on both sides will we see many goals? Maybe not if Halak can bring his play from the Montreal run.

Offense:
SJ = STL
Defense:
SJ > STL
Goaltending:
SJ < STL
Playoff Experiance:
SJ > STL
Intangibles:
SJ < STL

Winner: STL in 6

VAN vs LAK - With VAN losing Luongo, but gaining Semin, can they still pull it together and make it into the playoffs? Or is LA going to overpower them this year? Could both Cup finalists from last year be out?

Offense:
VAN > LAK
Defense:
VAN < LAK
Goaltending:
VAN < LAK
Playoff Expierence:
VAN > LAK
Intangibles:
VAN < LAK

Winner: VAN in 7

CHI vs DET - Another close matchup... will it be the inclusion of Richards or Iginla that will pull a team through? Will the loss of Toews be to much for Chicago?

Offense:
CHI < DET
Defense:
CHI > DET
Goaltending:
CHI = DET
Playoff Experiance:
CHI = DET
Intangibles:
CHI = DET

Winner: DET in 5

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:cbj

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Antoine Vermette ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.000m)
R.J. Umberger ($3.750m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Pascal Dupuis ($2.600m)
Nikita Filatov ($2.195m) / Kristian Huselius ($4.750m) / Tomas Kopecky ($2.500m)
Derek MacKenzie ($0.600m) / Jared Boll ($0.725m) / Samuel Pahlsson ($2.650m)

DEFENSEMEN
Fedor Tyutin ($2.843m) / Kris Russell ($1.300m)
David Savard ($0.916m) / John Moore ($0.965m)
Josh Gorges($3.200m) / Anton Stralman ($2.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($2.900m) / Jean-Sebastien Giguere ($2.000m)

BUYOUTS: Duvie Westcott ($0.616m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $53,263,082; BONUSES: $1,635,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $9,136,918

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
:cbj

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Antoine Vermette ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.000m)
R.J. Umberger ($3.750m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Pascal Dupuis ($2.600m)
Nikita Filatov ($2.195m) / Kristian Huselius ($4.750m) / Tomas Kopecky ($2.500m)
Derek MacKenzie ($0.600m) / Jared Boll ($0.725m) / Samuel Pahlsson ($2.650m)

DEFENSEMEN
Fedor Tyutin ($2.843m) / Kris Russell ($1.300m)
David Savard ($0.916m) / John Moore ($0.965m)
/ Anton Stralman ($2.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($2.900m) / Jean-Sebastien Giguere ($2.000m)

BUYOUTS: Duvie Westcott ($0.616m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $50,063,082; BONUSES: $1,635,000
CAP SPACE (19-man roster): $12,336,918

Tomas Kopecky -$2,600,000 - 3 Years
Pascal Dupuis-3yr 2.5M with NTC
JS Giguere-2yr 2Mper year
Not sure how long Voracek was extended for.
With the 8th OV pick, Columbus was autoed Nathan Beaulieu

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
The Panel will be back next round for another in depth look at things, including questions like:

Every year around this time we see 3rd line grinders turn into goal scoring stars (Joel Ward, Sean Bergenheim, Brad Marchand, Fernando Pisani)... who's your candidate for breakout 3rd line grinder?

Which injury will be the hardest to replace? (Injuries happen, you'll be happy or pissed by how I decide who gets injured . PS - AG if Carolina advances you're whole team gets infected with Hemorrhoids.)

And other questions based on the matchups!

Tune in next time!

Last edited:

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
The Panel will be back next round for another in depth look at things, including questions like:

Every year around this time we see 3rd line grinders turn into goal scoring stars (Joel Ward, Sean Bergenheim, Brad Marchand, Fernando Pisani)... who's your candidate for breakout 3rd line grinder?

Which injury will be the hardest to replace? (Injuries happen, you'll be happy or pissed by how I decide who gets injured :D. PS - AG if Carolina advances you're whole team gets infected with Hemorrhoids.)

And other questions based on the matchups!

Tune in next time!

Haha, injuries are not part of this game!

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Yeah as I said, too busy to spend all day on here. If someone else wants to run the quiz I'll try and be a panelist.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

:nashville

Loui Eriksson - Jeff Carter - Dustin Brown

Nikolai Kulemin - Mike Fisher - Patric Hornqvist
Martin Erat - Olli Jokinen - Milan Hejduk

Jerred Smithson - Zenon Konopka - Jordin Tootoo
Kyle Chipchura

Ryan Suter - Shea Weber
Robyn Regehr- Mark Streit
Brad Stuart - Cody Franson
Jonathon Blum

Pekka Rinne
Evgeni Nabokov

I will post my roster here so voters notice. As I have said before, I feel that the Predators are serious Stanley Cup contenders. Our first line in probably one of the most balanced lines in all of hockey, with Eriksson as the play-maker/defensive 70 point forward, Carter as the big bodied sniper and Dustin Brown as the guy to create room for Carter and Eriksson who will also put up 60 points a year.

Our second and third line are equal in value and ice-time, with the third line taking the most offensive approach while my second line shuts down top teams first line. We feel that Kulemin - Fisher - Hornqvist is one of the most talented line in terms of defense, and, they have the ability to put up around 160 points together. Our third line consists of experience and talent, and based off of last years productions, 170 points between them is not out of the question.

Our fourth line is amongst the nastiest in the NHL with Tootoo and Konopka leading the grind. Smithson plays the most important role however, being the defensive oriented player on the line.

Shea Weber and Ryan Suter are probably the best pairing in the NHL right now. Weber is a serious Norris trophy candidate and Suter is a top-10 NHL defenseman in the league right now.

Robyn Regehr and Mark Streit are an example of the classic stay-at-home/offensive defenseman pairing. Streit has shown the ability to post 60 points, and Regehr is a top 2 pairing defenseman on most teams in the league.

Brad Stuart and Cody Franson are like Regehr and Streit. Stuart and Franson are top 4 defenders right now, and can put up almost similar numbers to my second pairing. They can shut down most second lines in the league today, and a few first lines as well.

Pekka Rinne finished second in save percentage last year, and with an improved defense in front of him, he should compete for the best goalie in the league. He is highly athletic and has great rebound control. Easily a top 5 goalie in the league, and arguably a top 3 goalie.

In conclusion...

Vote :nashville

Jul 10, 2010
RETAPE CAUSE AG WAS LATE! HOPEFULLY THE WEST COAST VIEWERS DIDN'T SEE IT!

SJ vs STL - Is the inclusion of Malkin enough to bring the first upset in the West? Without a goalie on both sides will we see many goals? Maybe not if Halak can bring his play from the Montreal run.

Offense:
SJ = STL
Defense:
SJ > STL
Goaltending:
SJ < STL
Playoff Experiance:
SJ > STL
Intangibles:
SJ < STL

Winner: STL in 6

How does a team with Chris Pronger, not have more intangibles?

Not to mention: Pavelski, Boyle, Couture, Thornton, Eberle, Clowe, Arnott, Z.Michalek are all pegged to be captains/assistants in the future because of their intangibles. And who does STL have for intangibles? They havent been to the 2nd round of the playoffs ever and have no leaders other then maybe Alex pietrangelo...​

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Not to mention: Pavelski, Boyle, Couture, Thornton, Eberle, Clowe, Arnott, Z.Michalek are all pegged to be captains/assistants in the future because of their intangibles. And who does STL have for intangibles? They havent been to the 2nd round of the playoffs ever and have no leaders other then maybe Alex pietrangelo...

He gets suspended in the 2nd game and then they can't hear him screaming from the press box.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC

Not to mention: Pavelski, Boyle, Couture, Thornton, Eberle, Clowe, Arnott, Z.Michalek are all pegged to be captains/assistants in the future because of their intangibles. And who does STL have for intangibles? They havent been to the 2nd round of the playoffs ever and have no leaders other then maybe Alex pietrangelo...

Intangibles is something that is not easily qualified.

Your definition of intangibles is off. It doesn't mean leaders, nor does it mean how far a team has made it into the playoffs

Pronger and his dirty hits are real intangibles :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad