D habs98 GM Game v3.0- Sign Up+ Discussion(5 teams available )

Jul 10, 2010
Look at my roster. I actually have 3 scoring lines that are defensively responsible, and can pot goals pretty easily. If you have the advantage offensively, then it's barely evident. And that's not trash talk. Nashville has a balanced attack, something that every team in the league strives for.

Now, defensively, I'm sorry, but, it's not close. Suter and Weber are a MUCH better pairing than Pronger and Ehrhoff. Also, Regehr is a better shutdown defenseman than Michalek, even though Danny Boyle might be a step above Streit.

After that? My bottom pairing kills yours, all people need to do is look at it. If my team is getting 10 shots a game, you're getting 5...

And Pekka Rinne will stop those 5. Nittymaki won't stop all 10.

In addition, I would like to say that I am proud to say we overcame Detroit. It was an even series, but, we ultimately pulled it out. We jelled as a team and feel like we can win the Cup.

Congratz on beating detriot. Musta really tired out your team. Sharks had a 6 game series, you guys had a 7 gamer against a tougher team.

But. Are you trying to say Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Eberle, Clowe, Heatley, Arnott and Sturm arent responsible defensively? Because all of them minus Clowe got regular PK time this year. And by the looks of it, they can score very easily and often. I think we clearly have the edge offensively. No team can compete with this depth.

Defensively. Suter may be better then Ehroff, but Weber isnt half as good as Pronger come playoff time. Pronger steps his game up 5 levels in the playoffs. he's even nastier, which many thought was impossible.

Michalek is about even with Regher IMO. Regher isnt as mobile so he cant keep up with a speedy Marleau, but could effictly shut down a Clowe. Michalek isnt as physical but can stop a Carter or Erickson, but would struggle against a Brown. And your right, boyle is better then Streit.

My 3rd pairing barely matters. Both my top pairings average 25 mins a night so my 3rd pairing sees maybe 10 mins of ice time. Not long enough to do any major damage. Yes your 3rd is better then mine, but mine lacks enough ice time to screw up.

Goaltending. Hell id take Rinne over Nitty any day. but id take Nitty with My defence and offence, over Rinne with yours.

In Summary: Offence is what should win this series for me. My guns severly out power his guns. Defenceively, you could give a slight edge to either team, but its pretty close either way. Goaltending obviously Nashville gets that. Playoff experience has to go to SJ. And intangibles also go to San Jose

Im sure Dany Heatley can be a puck hog and record 6 shots all by himself, i ahev no fear of only 5 shots. Id expect over 40 consistantly

In Summary

:sharks VOTE :sharks

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Congratz on beating detriot. Musta really tired out your team. Sharks had a 6 game series, you guys had a 7 gamer against a tougher team.

But. Are you trying to say Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Eberle, Clowe, Heatley, Arnott and Sturm arent responsible defensively? Because all of them minus Clowe got regular PK time this year. And by the looks of it, they can score very easily and often. I think we clearly have the edge offensively. No team can compete with this depth.

Defensively. Suter may be better then Ehroff, but Weber isnt half as good as Pronger come playoff time. Pronger steps his game up 5 levels in the playoffs. he's even nastier, which many thought was impossible.

Michalek is about even with Regher IMO. Regher isnt as mobile so he cant keep up with a speedy Marleau, but could effictly shut down a Clowe. Michalek isnt as physical but can stop a Carter or Erickson, but would struggle against a Brown. And your right, boyle is better then Streit.

My 3rd pairing barely matters. Both my top pairings average 25 mins a night so my 3rd pairing sees maybe 10 mins of ice time. Not long enough to do any major damage. Yes your 3rd is better then mine, but mine lacks enough ice time to screw up.

Goaltending. Hell id take Rinne over Nitty any day. but id take Nitty with My defence and offence, over Rinne with yours.

In Summary: Offence is what should win this series for me. My guns severly out power his guns. Defenceively, you could give a slight edge to either team, but its pretty close either way. Goaltending obviously Nashville gets that. Playoff experience has to go to SJ. And intangibles also go to San Jose

In Summary

Bolded is wrong...maybe not so the first one but I think so so that makes it wrong

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Im sure Dany Heatley can be a puck hog and record 6 shots all by himself, i ahev no fear of only 5 shots. Id expect over 40 consistantly

In Summary

Because Loui Eriksson, Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Nikolai Kulemin, Patric Hornqvist, Milan Hejduk, Martin Erat, Olli Jokinen and Mike Fisher are all pushovers, right? You could give the SLIGHT advantage to San Jose there, but, with 6 30 goal scorers on my team, my offense is not feeble, or weak. We have a great offense and it can compete with any team.

And as far as I checked, we shut down the "Best line in Hockey" with Detroit. We also shut down a line with all-strars Selanne - Getzlaf - Perry. We are used to facing teams like you with offensive firepower.

And Weber NOT good in the playoffs? Are you kidding? He was the reason we got to game 7 vs Vancouver, and this team is MUCH better than Nashville of last year. Also, Regehr is plenty mobile enough to keep up with whom you have to offer. Boyle might be a little better than Streit, but not by much. Streit is an excellent defenseman and he can easily get 50-60 points with Nashville.

And even if your offense overpowers my defense (Which it shouldn't), Rinne will stop mostly everything. I can be outplayed every game and still win the series because I have a talented goalie.

Something you don't.

Jul 10, 2010
Because Loui Eriksson, Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Nikolai Kulemin, Patric Hornqvist, Milan Hejduk, Martin Erat, Olli Jokinen and Mike Fisher are all pushovers, right? You could give the SLIGHT advantage to San Jose there, but, with 6 30 goal scorers on my team, my offense is not feeble, or weak. We have a great offense and it can compete with any team.

And as far as I checked, we shut down the "Best line in Hockey" with Detroit. We also shut down a line with all-strars Selanne - Getzlaf - Perry. We are used to facing teams like you with offensive firepower.

And Weber NOT good in the playoffs? Are you kidding? He was the reason we got to game 7 vs Vancouver, and this team is MUCH better than Nashville of last year. Also, Regehr is plenty mobile enough to keep up with whom you have to offer. Boyle might be a little better than Streit, but not by much. Streit is an excellent defenseman and he can easily get 50-60 points with Nashville.

And even if your offense overpowers my defense (Which it shouldn't), Rinne will stop mostly everything. I can be outplayed every game and still win the series because I have a talented goalie.

Something you don't.

Unless i missed something, you guys lost in 6 this year. I didnt say Weber was bad, hell ill admit he is a top 5 defenceman. BUT What i said what Pronger is twice as good. You do not cross Pronger without getting hit. You dont get by him. he weakens you. he intimidates you. he breaks you down until you finally just dump the puck in for Ehroff to get. Weber doesnt do that.

Erickson,Erat and Olli are all not made for playoffs. they are pushovers IMO. Brown is a better version of Clowe. But Clowe's on our 3rd line. Browns on your 1st. Brown isnt 2 lines better, hes one line better. Id also like to point out we have 9 20 goal scorers, many of which can hit 30 playing on a team like this. We are an offensive powerhouse. You may have shut down Detriot and Anahiems top lines, but Anahiem was a joke team and detriot was top heavy. You stop Marleau? Try stopping Heatley. Manage to stop him, well Clowes comign at yah. And then marleau is back. Has Weber-Suter been off the ice yet?

You guys excelled against Detriot because your team is defence top heavy and they were offence top heavy. Regher is getting old and has slowed down quite a bit. He is a Doug Murray basically. Doug is a good dman, but he has Vlasic to face the speedy, non physical forwards. Streit isnt as good as vlasic, so this pairing will get burned.

You WILL get outplayed. Rinne might win 2-3 games but he WONT win 4 by himself. Your offence still isnt on par with Vancouvers, who we ousted last round (happy im pumpin your tires now Gibby?:sarcasm:).

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
The war in the West has begun, while those in the East are drinking tea together with their pinky up, all prim and proper like ;)

The two East teams are just better :sarcasm:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
That NSH team would be a good trap team.....but they have no set-up guy at all....I would add the third line is horrid defensively and cant take any physical play....so ya. I guess their go to play will be to skate in and fire a puck at Nittys chest.

go Preds :P

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Unless i missed something, you guys lost in 6 this year. I didnt say Weber was bad, hell ill admit he is a top 5 defenceman. BUT What i said what Pronger is twice as good. You do not cross Pronger without getting hit. You dont get by him. he weakens you. he intimidates you. he breaks you down until you finally just dump the puck in for Ehroff to get. Weber doesnt do that.

Weber at 26 is better than Chris Pronger, who is now 37. Pronger is aging, and I would even go as far to say that Suter right now is better at shutting down guys than Pronger. Face it, he's nasty, but, he has slowed down. And Ehrhoff? Are you kidding? He is a number 3 defenseman AT BEST

Erickson,Erat and Olli are all not made for playoffs. they are pushovers IMO. Brown is a better version of Clowe. But Clowe's on our 3rd line. Browns on your 1st. Brown isnt 2 lines better, hes one line better. Id also like to point out we have 9 20 goal scorers, many of which can hit 30 playing on a team like this. We are an offensive powerhouse. You may have shut down Detriot and Anahiems top lines, but Anahiem was a joke team and detriot was top heavy. You stop Marleau? Try stopping Heatley. Manage to stop him, well Clowes comign at yah. And then marleau is back. Has Weber-Suter been off the ice yet?

Eriksson a pushover? Okay... You might point to his playoff numbers, but, he was getting third line minutes then. Now? He is on a BALANCED line. What does that mean? They all have chemistry and roles, and they're not just slapped together. Brown is a much better verison of Clowe and he can clear space for Eriksson to set up Jeff Carter, and vice-versa. I would like to point out that your 9 20 goal scorers is impressive, however, I have 9 of my own, all of them have proven they can score more than 20 at their ages, and playing on Nashville will make them all better than that. And sure, you can stop Jeff Carter, but try stopping Eriksson. Manage to stop him, well, Kulemin's coming at you. Then Carter is back. Has Pronger-Ehrhoff been off the ice yet?

You guys excelled against Detriot because your team is defence top heavy and they were offence top heavy. Regher is getting old and has slowed down quite a bit. He is a Doug Murray basically. Doug is a good dman, but he has Vlasic to face the speedy, non physical forwards. Streit isnt as good as vlasic, so this pairing will get burned.

Regehr is getting old? HAHAHA, same team who has Dan Boyle and Chris Pronger, two OLDER defenseman. Regehr has actually picked up his game, and was a big reason why Calgary remained competitive last year. Douglas Murray better than Regehr? Please. If you traded for Regehr, and I traded for Pronger, suddenly Regehr is Jesus Christ. And Streit is as good as Vlasic, even those Regehr is faster and can keep up with your team

You WILL get outplayed. Rinne might win 2-3 games but he WONT win 4 by himself. Your offence still isnt on par with Vancouvers, who we ousted last round (happy im pumpin your tires now Gibby?:sarcasm:).

Oh, I WILL get outplayed? Huh, we were close in the standings, meaning we are a close team. And need I remind you, you have NIITTYMAKI in net now! Niitty is not a WCF goalie, and that weakness will be exposed.

Good enough for you? After this, we'll just repeat ourselves.

May the best team win!

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

That NSH team would be a good trap team.....but they have no set-up guy at all....I would add the third line is horrid defensively and cant take any physical play....so ya. I guess their go to play will be to skate in and fire a puck at Nittys chest.

go Preds :P

You do know my second and third line are basically on an even playing field, right? My second line can act as my third very easily, hence the spacing.

Also, I don't need TWO bashers. Jesus! :sarcasm:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Geez.. I have to sift through all this BS about these two teams measuring each others dong...habs98s... to figure out which team is weaker and vote for them.

The East will be waiting.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
After another lottery pick finish the edmonton oilers owner wants to speed up the rebuild a notch and try to be a playoff team mr Katz " well after getting a number 1 goalie antti niemi and top six wing David jones with the young core of hall Hopkins paajarvi perty lander boychuk hamiltion harty and whoever we pick with our top five pick this team just needs a couple of top 4 dman and top six forwards to contend. Also if Hall scoring 30 goals this year hopefully he can carry this team and get 40, Hopkins getting 60ps hopefully be a almost ppg player, David jones who scored 25goals on two bad teams ( Montreal canadians and Edmonton oilers), paajarvi lead his line with 50p , landers two way game impresses us and his chemisty with paajarvi blown the socks off my feet, boychuk who could be a highly skilled forward showed some signs of being a rookie by getting only 10goals and 20 assists, our defencemeb still need improving hopefully this upcoming free agency we could aquire a guys like Ryan suter and Alex semin who would make our team into contenders for this upcoming season. Also would aquire more free agents that would help us become a true threat for many years to come. :) also there are rumors that the Edmonton oilers would not resign spacek or souray since they are plugs ( I only did this to get the attention off the playoffs )

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
:isles

The Core:
John Tavares
Kyle Okposo
Travis Hamonic
Michael Grabner
Frans

My core
Taylor hall
Ryan nugent Hopkins
magnus paajarvi
antti niemi
Ryan Murray/ nick ebert
Anton lander
David jones
Jeff perty
Martin marticin
Zack boychuk
Zack Phillips
teemu hartikean
Alex semin
Ryan suter
Also have two 2013 picks that I'm trading up into the top ten in this years draft

who's core is better

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
:isles

The Core:
John Tavares
Kyle Okposo
Travis Hamonic
Michael Grabner

The Supporting Core: