D habs98 GM Game v3.0- Sign Up+ Discussion(5 teams available )

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

How the **** was that series so close? People are seriously underrating the line of Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Iggy.

It's because they are a one line team. Other than Tanguay and that line, they don't have a single player who reached 40 points last year.

Sorry, forward. Lidstrom did.

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
New jersey losing is crap. How did we not win with the acquisitions of boyes, Weiss, markov at the deadline to add to parise, kovy, zajac, Elias, brewer, brodeur. We have a far better team and should have won

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
In 2010

:caps lost to :habs

everyone said that WSH would beat MTL but great goaltending andtimley scoring lead them to won

pepole say that :preds are better and we are just one line but we just need timley scoring

so just becuase a player had less than 40 points can change and howard can be great and steal games

vote :wings

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

In 2010

:caps lost to :habs

everyone said that WSH would beat MTL but great goaltending andtimley scoring lead them to won

pepole say that :preds are better and we are just one line but we just need timley scoring

so just becuase a player had less than 40 points can change and howard can be great and steal games

vote :wings

pekka-rinne-profile.gif

So can this guy! :laugh:

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
It's because they are a one line team. Other than Tanguay and that line, they don't have a single player who reached 40 points last year.

Sorry, forward. Lidstrom did.

Kovalev had 34, Filppula had 39, Cleary had 46, Holmstrom had 37, Langenbrunner had 32, Bozak had 32, and Bertuzzi had 45. That is not a 1 line team.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Kovalev had 34, Filppula had 39, Cleary had 46, Holmstrom had 37, Langenbrunner had 32, Bozak had 32, and Bertuzzi had 45. That is not a 1 line team.

I made a mistake on Cleary, but, he was playing with Zetterberg last year. Not anymore, so, his points should go down.

Below 40 usually means bottom 6, and Bertuzzi was benched last series

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Backlund is right
i bbuilt this team as not a 1 team lie
you don't have you get 40 ponits because somtimes players break out in ther playoffs

Halak in 2010
Sean Bergenheim-2011

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
:sharks VOTE :sharks

Chris Pronger can dominate the Sedins the same way Chara did.

Thornton has shut down Kesler once and can do it again. This year our 3rd line is much bigger and stronger and can domiante Vancouvers the same way they dominated ours.
Our 4th line is big strong and fast, expect a couple goals from them as well

Our defence is much better now and is even better then the Canucks. Dan boyle and Ehroff teeing up point shots will cause hell for whoever they want to throw in net. both are chokers and crack under pressure. Pronger and michalek guarntee nobody is getting through shots anywhere close to nittymaki. Nittymaki is a very capable goaltender. he's a big time goaltender as shown by performances in the olympics. if he's only facing 10 shots a game, he will save all 10.

The canucks have done little to upgrade a team that would not of beaten the sharks this year had the sharks not all been injured. The sharks are much deeper on offence as well as defence, and goaltending is virtually equal to last year.

They also have JBo on defence. thornton eats alive those types on not physical defenceman as they can enver take the puck from him. Phanuef steps up for a hit, heatley dangles him and pots one top shelf. Clowe will make Bieksa his female dog. Even if were down 4-3 with a minute left, we have Eberle to come up clutch. if he cant do it, pavelski will. Sturm and Arnott, two hungry warriors who desperately want a cup. Think they'll be working their ***** off? I do. Hamhuis will be too afraid to hit anyone after lucic. Ballard had a sick hip check against mcginn, only plausible cause he's only trusted against 4th lines.

If i had to guess, Sharks in 4! this canuck team is worse then last years and the sharks are twice as good

:sharks BETTER THEN VANCOUVER :sharks
Pronger can't shut down 3 solid scoring lines by himself.
If Thornton shutdown Kesler so well it proves how we have more then just Sedin's putting the puck in the net because we still beat you. That depth has also improved with Gagner making plays to the speedy Raymond and Vrbata a 20 goal scorer on PHX playing with Kesler and Semin. I feel like our D is being underrated by many here. Edler is a solid pairing D and Phaneuf is the same, a good physical pairing between them will not allow much to get through. I've told you before, you can't say someone is a choker because he hasn't carried his team. A team need more then one guy to make them good, I'm also not asking this out of Schneider and Varlamov which I've also said before. You can't play Pronger and Michalek all game, if you double shift them to tak on Kesler, Vrbata, Semin and Sedin, Sedin, Burrows we'll wear them down. My lines can score on Ehrhoff and Boyle. If you believe and have so much confidence in Nyttymaki why did you send him to the minors for A??? Stalock. You're team might not have beaten Detroit either last year if it weren't for injuries on Detroit (i.e. Cleary, Bert, Franzen pretty significant too). Clowe is all talk he was calling Kronwall out in one of their games so Kronwall had his way with him...comparables to Kronwall like Phaneuf, Edler, Bieksa will do the same. Again, Eberle coming through in the WJC is different he's playing with men now he can't do what he pleases whenever against good teams. YOu need to look stuff over before you go trashing a team cuz I don't have Ballard anymore. My team isn't worst and we beat you in 5, it won't all of a sudden be changed to 4 games especially with you're team of perennial chokers who are suppost to be your best players (unlike my goalies) in Marleau, Thornton, Heatley

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Pronger can't shut down 3 solid scoring lines by himself.
If Thornton shutdown Kesler so well it proves how we have more then just Sedin's putting the puck in the net because we still beat you. That depth has also improved with Gagner making plays to the speedy Raymond and Vrbata a 20 goal scorer on PHX playing with Kesler and Semin. I feel like our D is being underrated by many here. Edler is a solid pairing D and Phaneuf is the same, a good physical pairing between them will not allow much to get through. I've told you before, you can't say someone is a choker because he hasn't carried his team. A team need more then one guy to make them good, I'm also not asking this out of Schneider and Varlamov which I've also said before. You can't play Pronger and Michalek all game, if you double shift them to tak on Kesler, Vrbata, Semin and Sedin, Sedin, Burrows we'll wear them down. My lines can score on Ehrhoff and Boyle. If you believe and have so much confidence in Nyttymaki why did you send him to the minors for A??? Stalock. You're team might not have beaten Detroit either last year if it weren't for injuries on Detroit (i.e. Cleary, Bert, Franzen pretty significant too). Clowe is all talk he was calling Kronwall out in one of their games so Kronwall had his way with him...comparables to Kronwall like Phaneuf, Edler, Bieksa will do the same. Again, Eberle coming through in the WJC is different he's playing with men now he can't do what he pleases whenever against good teams. YOu need to look stuff over before you go trashing a team cuz I don't have Ballard anymore. My team isn't worst and we beat you in 5, it won't all of a sudden be changed to 4 games especially with you're team of perennial chokers who are suppost to be your best players (unlike my goalies) in Marleau, Thornton, Heatley

The Sedins disappear when it matters most. And Kesler can't do everything by himself.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
The Sedins disappear when it matters most. And Kesler can't do everything by himself.
they didn't produce as much but still had 22 and 20 points in the playoffs not good but not bad either plus they have experience of playing under pressure now

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
they didn't produce as much but still had 22 and 20 points in the playoffs not good but not bad either plus they have experience of playing under pressure now

If SJ can play the same way as Boston did; intimidating them, pushing them around the Sedins will disappear again. The Sedins have played under pressure for awhile now and they don't seem to get use to it.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Logan Couture ($1.241m)
Dany Heatley ($7.500m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m) / Ryane Clowe ($3.625m)
Marco Sturm ($0.790m) / Jason Arnott ($1.200m) / Eric Belanger ($0.700m)
Jamie McGinn ($0.750m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.525m) / Jamal Mayers ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Chris Pronger ($4.921m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($5.410m)
Zbynek Michalek ($4.000m) / Dan Boyle ($6.666m)
Taylor Doherty ($0.870m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)

GOALTENDERS
Nyttimaki
Alex Stalock ($0.550m)

VS

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Vrbata - Kesler - Semin
Raymond - Gagner - Drury
Hansen - Malhotra - Lapierre

Phaneuf - Edler
Bieksa - Bouwmeester
Hamhuis - Salo/Rome

Schneider/Varlamov

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
If SJ can play the same way as Boston did; intimidating them, pushing them around the Sedins will disappear again. The Sedins have played under pressure for awhile now and they don't seem to get use to it.
I think a main reason was because they were getting involved in the extra-curriculars

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Also don't plan on allowing anybody to dummy Sedin's like Marchand did

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
:avs are proud to announce the signing of their captain Joel Ward to a three year extension with a 3.75 mil cap hit. ***
5080261876_89122a0aff.jpg

***Other contract details:
He gets to wear the Nashville hat
He requests that all the brown and yellow M&Ms should be taken out of the bowl
He remains captain throughout the contract
He gets to stay in a Hilton while the others stay in a best western....

Next up, Matt Duchene should be signed to a contract soon

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
:avs are proud to announce the signing of their captain Joel Ward to a three year extension with a 3.75 mil cap hit. ***
5080261876_89122a0aff.jpg

***Other contract details:
He gets to wear the Nashville hat
He requests that all the brown and yellow M&Ms should be taken out of the bowl
He remains captain throughout the contract
He gets to stay in a Hilton while the others stay in a best western....

Next up, Matt Duchene should be signed to a contract soon

:help:

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

BUF and DET

In any other sense... Let's face the facts.

Detroit was second in the league in terms of points. I think it's an even series. Also, Nashville has never made it past the second round, and what a way to do it against THE dynasty in the last 20 years?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I wanna see injuries and players emerging!!!

Scottie Upshall says whats up. He's really enjoyed success with 4 goals in the 7-game series with Carolina. He's benefited from being in the right place at the right time with Smyth and Slater doing alot of the dirty work and pouncing on loose pucks around the goal crease, but his Game 6 GWG off a sick wrister coming down his RW (keep in mind he's a LH shot) to force a game 7 was something to behold.

:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad