D habs98 GM Game v3.0- Sign Up+ Discussion(5 teams available )

Eight of Spades

May 20, 2011
Chicago walks all over Detroit. We're the crown of the Central division. After their top line, they're filled with old foggies that rode off of Zetterbergs coat tails (Big Bert and Cleary to a degree) and without him fill fail. They're euro 2nd line mind as well have booked a trip back home cause they will not show up. Their defense core is suspect and Lidstrom started to show his age in last years playoffs. Don't be fooled just because they are Detroit, they're time has faded.

Cammallari - Richards - Kane
Ladd - Sharp - Schenn
Bickell - Bolland - Frolik
Brouwer - Reasoner - Smith

Enstrom - Seabrook
Bogosian - Hejda
Leddy - Campoli

Crawford
Salak

Bolland shuts down their top line and outscores them. Don't forget Bolland, he's every teams kryptonite.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Zetterberg.jpg

Datsyuk.jpg

p1_iginla_si.jpg

One of the best in the league
Iginla is good and can rack up 80 points but with a top line center and top line player he could rack up 90+ points

lindstrom_pd0g.jpg

jovanovski_091507_jersey.jpg

the 2 can score goals and shutdown playes

howard02.jpg

http://committedindians.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Turco.jpg[/IMG

Howard is one of the underated goalies of the league and but him with turco the team can switch goalies if needs

so vote :wings

We are better then CHI

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Damn... I am probably going to change my vote 100 times for the Chicago - Detroit series. Damn it's close!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Chicago walks all over Detroit. We're the crown of the Central division. After their top line, they're filled with old foggies that rode off of Zetterbergs coat tails (Big Bert and Cleary to a degree) and without him fill fail. They're euro 2nd line mind as well have booked a trip back home cause they will not show up. Their defense core is suspect and Lidstrom started to show his age in last years playoffs. Don't be fooled just because they are Detroit, they're time has faded.

Cammallari - Richards - Kane
Ladd - Sharp - Schenn
Bickell - Bolland - Frolik
Brouwer - Reasoner - Smith

Enstrom - Seabrook
Bogosian - Hejda
Leddy - Campoli

Crawford
Salak

Bolland shuts down their top line and outscores them. Don't forget Bolland, he's every teams kryptonite.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jarome Iginla ($7.000m)
Alexei Kovalev ($1.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Alex Tanguay ($4.250m)
Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Jamie Langenbrunner ($1.500m) / Kyle Wellwood ($0.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Ed Jovanovski ($3.400m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)
Brent Sopel ($1.000m) / Bryan Allen ($2.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Marty Turco ($1.850m)

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
:sabres VOTE :sabres

FORWARDS
Simon Gagne ($4.500m) / Derek Roy ($4.000m) / Thomas Vanek ($7.142m)
Jason Pominville ($5.300m) / Joshua Bailey ($1.900m) / Tyler Ennis ($0.875m)
Zack Kassian ($0.870m) / Paul Gaustad ($2.300m) / Drew Stafford ($4.000m)
Patrick Kaleta ($0.907m) / Matt D'Agostini ($1.150m) / Mattias Tendenby ($0.875m)
Cody McCormick ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN
Tyler Myers ($1.300m) / Tomas Kaberle ($5.400m)
Yannick Weber ($1.000m) / Steve Montador ($1.550m)
Jordan Leopold ($3.000m) / Craig Rivet ($3.400m)
Andreas Lilja ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller ($6.250m) / Jhonas Enroth ($0.866m)

BUYOUTS: Tim Kennedy ($0.166m)

SALARY CAP: $62,400,000;
CAP PAYROLL: $58,543,054;
BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,856,946

:sabres VOTE SABRES OVER THE GM-LESS WASHINGTON CAPITALS :sabres

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2010
Chris Freaking Pronger has lead his team to the Stanley Cup finals 3 out of 6 years since the lockout.

There is no reason to think that he will not do the same thing with the deepest and most talented team hes played on since the lockout, the 2011-2012 SAN JOSE SHARKS

VOTE :sharks

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

There is a very real chance the number 5, 6, 7, and 8th seeds advance in the East. That would be insane!

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I'm assuming you haven't made your lines yet, because Drew Stafford is not a fourth liner :laugh:

Nope... but a lot of my development players are on my 3rd line so they can get more ice-time to develop.

No room on my 1st line with Vanek at right wing, and Gagne at left

Could put him on my second line, but that would oust either Ennis, or Pomminville

3rd Line is again development line

and the 4th line is full of top 6'ers on other teams.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Nope... but a lot of my development players are on my 3rd line so they can get more ice-time to develop.

No room on my 1st line with Vanek at right wing, and Gagne at left

Could put him on my second line, but that would oust either Ennis, or Pomminville

3rd Line is again development line

and the 4th line is full of top 6'ers on other teams.

I think you're better off letting Kassian develop on the fly with Gaustad and Stafford.

Let D'Agostini, Tedenby, and McCormick (Over Kaleta?! Christ... Kaleta's a fan favorite in Buffalo b/c he's from Buffalo and plays balls to the the other teams players mouth... :sarcasm:) tae the 4th line duties.

Than again, I can understand development. Kane turned into a 35 goal scorer this year with Toews, Purcell broke 65 points with 43 assists, Toews shattered a PPG, I got two 20 goal scorers playing on my third line, and my 4th line's been accumulating chicklets from all the players they're downed this season. Plus I got a Huberdeau ready to bust into the league after tearing up the QMJHL and winning a gold medal at the WJC with Canada. :D

Yeah next year's looking good for Winnipeg. ;)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Vote :wings

in 2011 they almost made the comback but with iginla and tangauy they could have

this roster has what it takes to make a run

we are underdogs now

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

:wings vs :nashville

Top 2 teams in the regular season. We all knew it had to come down to this.

As the Nashville Predators, I am not takings this for granted. This series is going to game 7. We feel we have the talent to overcome Detroit. We are the younger team, we are faster and, we have the defensive advantage to shut down the insane line of Zetterberg - Datysuk - Iginla.

Kulemin - Fisher - Hornqvist
Suter - Weber

This line will have to play huge to beat Detroit.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Almost a 5-6-7-8

Anyway, we all know that the Stanley Cup Hangover is in effect. Boston cannot take much more of these playoffs and they are getting tired. Buffalo is determined to be the cinderella story of these playoffs. Buffalo is determined and ready to take down the tired Bruins and move an 8th seed that much closer to the finals.

Boston is, again, suffering from the SCF Hangover and expect them to be tired and have Miller stopping everything.

Can Thomas really stop Buffalo's run and gun offense?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Pittsburgh has a rookie on it's first line. Yeah okay. We'll play 3 men on Crosby and not worry about his crappy line mates.

Joni Pitkanen makes $8M. Joni Pitkanen.

Fleury may choke more than Luongo.

Staal is not a 2nd line center and that has been exposed.

I'm Winnipeg, *****!

Jul 10, 2010
:sharks VOTE :sharks

Chris Pronger can dominate the Sedins the same way Chara did.

Thornton has shut down Kesler once and can do it again. This year our 3rd line is much bigger and stronger and can domiante Vancouvers the same way they dominated ours.
Our 4th line is big strong and fast, expect a couple goals from them as well

Our defence is much better now and is even better then the Canucks. Dan boyle and Ehroff teeing up point shots will cause hell for whoever they want to throw in net. both are chokers and crack under pressure. Pronger and michalek guarntee nobody is getting through shots anywhere close to nittymaki. Nittymaki is a very capable goaltender. he's a big time goaltender as shown by performances in the olympics. if he's only facing 10 shots a game, he will save all 10.

The canucks have done little to upgrade a team that would not of beaten the sharks this year had the sharks not all been injured. The sharks are much deeper on offence as well as defence, and goaltending is virtually equal to last year.

They also have JBo on defence. thornton eats alive those types on not physical defenceman as they can enver take the puck from him. Phanuef steps up for a hit, heatley dangles him and pots one top shelf. Clowe will make Bieksa his female dog. Even if were down 4-3 with a minute left, we have Eberle to come up clutch. if he cant do it, pavelski will. Sturm and Arnott, two hungry warriors who desperately want a cup. Think they'll be working their ***** off? I do. Hamhuis will be too afraid to hit anyone after lucic. Ballard had a sick hip check against mcginn, only plausible cause he's only trusted against 4th lines.

If i had to guess, Sharks in 4! this canuck team is worse then last years and the sharks are twice as good

:sharks BETTER THEN VANCOUVER :sharks

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:wings

oir defese may not be good as NSH but our Offense is pretty good

not just our top lie but we have depth

we are DET ad we underdogs so if you like underdogs vote
:wings

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

:nashville

The line of Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Iginla is nearly unstoppable, however, if there is a line that can shut them down, it's Kulemin - Fisher - Hornqvist paired with Suter and Weber. We feel we have the defense to shut down their top line almost entirely. Remember, we just swept Anaheim, who had a first line consisting of last years Rocket Richard winner, 80-point Teemu Selanne and Ryan Getzlaf. We are not newcomers to amazing top lines.

After that, we feel our first line can handle their defense and defensive forwards, and should not be hindered in terms of scoring. If we can execute on game plan, and get our first line against their second, we should have the offensive upper-hand quite easily, considering Detroit does not have the scoring depth we do.

In terms of defense, while Lidstrom is great, he is aging, and he might not have enough gas left in the tank after a long series with Chicago. My players are rested from a sweep of Anaheim, and should come out more motivated against their rival Red Wings.

Speaking of defense, Suter and Weber is about as good of a pairing you could possibly get in the NHL. Them, along with our pairings of Regehr - Streit and former Wing Stuart - Franson should be able to shut down Detroit's top line, and their depth scoring.

In goal, Rinne has proven to be a top 3 goaltender, and should easily have the upper hand against Jimmy Howard.

In conclusion, this is the true battle of the Central division, and after a long series with Chicago, the older Red Wings will not have the same energy they did against Chicago.

Vote :nashville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad