Confirmed with Link: D Andrew Peeke for Jakub Zboril and a 2027 3rd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Considering who the hit is on, I like Peeke more already.

PLD Baby. Such an intense, competitive player.

Born Bruin.

The only memory I have of this dude is Marchand absolutely plastering him and scoring on the ensuing rush a couple of seasons ago. Also sounds like he was headed for a buyout this summer....

Yeah, because they have a "vocally peeved" prospect unhappy with his AHL assignment. (There's a team guy for you.)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I dont know jack about this kid. Had to look him up.

Also completely forgot about Zboril this season

It wasn't Zboril's fault he was selected 13th overall. But there were red flags at the time. Kirk Luedeke waved a few of them. Hence, I was skeptical from the beginning.

Good luck to him. And Zach Senyshyn. And JDB.

Our long local nightmare is over.

Yep, Bruins have taken on something of a reclamation project, but there is material to work with that could turn out pretty nicely for the them at the cost of mid round pick and player they were done with.

^ 100% Ogie. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
So he’s going to play regularly or is good enough play regularly? So it’s a fairly significant move even though it appears very very minor ?

Yes. I think.

Sounds like he is a much better skater then Forbert, add to that his physicality and shot blocking could be a good pickup, curious to see him play.

Hope he's in the lineup tomorrow for (groan) yet another Saturday matinee.

I have nothing against Forbort and what he did for this club went unappreciated by many. But, it's time to move on.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This will be interesting to watch

McQuaid & Langenbrunner & Sweeney see something fans don’t and not supported by analytics crowd

Never paid attention to him all that much so I’m out either way

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Don’t understand this addition. Basically just got a worse forbort for $250k less with term. Honestly should have just paid clifton at that point
Agree here but would love to be proven wrong. Sweeney spends the assets of a 3rd pick with 3million in cap space for a a depth defenseman with term, when so much more was needed.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Agree here but would love to be proven wrong. Sweeney spends the assets of a 3rd pick with 3million in cap space for a a depth defenseman with term, when so much more was needed.

Ya I would legitimately give up a 3rd round pick to get him off the roster

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I remember watching him a good bit last season and the one before (I always seemed to catch the Jackets playing West Coast late games) and he was decent. Columbus is a disaster this year, and then you never know what happens between a player and a new coach. He may never be more than 6/7 spare part when all is said and done, but he's still young and has some skills that the Bruins could use on the blueline. Good coaching, good partners, he might be alright.
I'm down for reclamation projects and buying low. I'm just not sure a 3rd rounder with no retention is actually buying low. I like his size and skating and willingness to get punched in the face. Hope he can turn it around.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It does make you wonder a bit if the Forbort thing was not a thing until yesterday or today. In fact, last update this morning was that he was day-to-day. I honestly think if that was known a week ago, Sweeney would have a bigger range of options this TDL.

i think Forbort has been playing hurt since he returned from the early season injury, He is a tough guy, i suspect he knew he needed surgery and was managing the pain, and trying to get back into the lineup. Now they need the LTIR spot, so they will tell him to get the surgery and get healthy

zboril was on his way to being a regular then he blew out his knee and hasn’t recovered his standing within the org. I’m happy he’s getting a fresh start

Very true, in addition his contract worked against him.. If he was making 800K this year instead of 1.2+ million there is a decent chance he would have gotten a chance to play at some point this year

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm down for reclamation projects and buying low. I'm just not sure a 3rd rounder with no retention is actually buying low. I like his size and skating and willingness to get punched in the face. Hope he can turn it around.
12% of third rounders actually go on to play in the NHL (probably a bit higher since the study as the league has expanded). You get a Brad very rarely, a Lauko more often, but even Lauko is a pretty rare bird when all is said and done. Not a really steep price to pay imo. No retention, but we moved a contract in Zboril and the cap hit isn't too tough- its a cheap buyout (the cost of an ELC) if that becomes necessary. He is a reclamation, but also a guy that was logging decent minutes in Columbus prior to this season, so it's not quite like a guy that's been down and out for a while. All our mileages may (and probably do) vary on this, but I see it as a pretty inexpensive low-risk move that has some real reward possibilities.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
12% of third rounders actually go on to play in the NHL (probably a bit higher since the study as the league has expanded). You get a Brad very rarely, a Lauko more often, but even Lauko is a pretty rare bird when all is said and done. Not a really steep price to pay imo. No retention, but we moved a contract in Zboril and the cap hit isn't too tough- its a cheap buyout (the cost of an ELC) if that becomes necessary. He is a reclamation, but also a guy that was logging decent minutes in Columbus prior to this season, so it's not quite like a guy that's been down and out for a while. All our mileages may (and probably do) vary on this, but I see it as a pretty inexpensive low-risk move that has some real reward possibilities.
Yeah, I'm quibbling. It probably should be been a 4th or 5th but in the big scheme, not that big a deal.

Reactions: Dr Hook

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
A guying logging decent minutes that resulted in a -41. Doesn't get much more down and out than that.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I’d rather just not have this dudes cap hit on the books at all. I would honestly prefer the 3rd round pick who never made it to the nhl over this.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
A guying logging decent minutes that resulted in a -41. Doesn't get much more down and out than that.

The whole team was down and out- he was the worst, but there were some decent players in Jenner and Gaudreau that were over -30. The season before on not a great team he was -14.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I’d rather just not have this dudes cap hit on the books at all. I would honestly prefer the 3rd round pick who never made it to the nhl over this.
Fair enough, but that may never happen. If it does, I guess we can complain about it, but he hasnt even played a game for us.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The whole team was down and out- he was the worst, but there were some decent players Jenner and Gaudreau that were over -30. THe season before on not a great team he was -14.
For sure and Im a strong believer that the plus minus stat you can throw right out the window, its more of a team stat than an individual one. I just would of liked to seen a little more out of Sweeney, hopefully Peeke turns out to be a great addition.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
For sure and Im a strong believer that the plus minus stat you can throw right out the window, its more of a team stat than an individual one.

Peeke could turn out to suck ass for all we know at this point lol. I am hoping for better and I think it was a risk worth taking for the Bruins.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It wasn't Zboril's fault he was selected 13th overall. But there were red flags at the time. Kirk Luedeke waved a few of them. Hence, I was skeptical from the beginning.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

There were red flags about all of the guys even those who succeeded.

I really wanted Kyle Conner in the draft, and basically was convinced 5 days before the draft that wasn't likely to be an option for the Bruins.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Peeke could turn out to suck ass for all we know at this point lol. I am hoping for better and I think it was a risk worth taking for the Bruins.
I think they could of taken bigger risk. I think this is a very minor risk. Hell Zboril may turn out to be the better player, once he's given the playing time he never got here in Boston.

I would of liked to seen Sweeney actually take a risk, like trading Ullmark for some significant help. He'll more than likely be on the bench to start the playoffs and will be giving Sway some hugs after the Bruins kick the leafs @SS that's an awful lot to pay a hugger when you could of improved your team and given them better odds to get past a round or two by adding a real significant piece. I really don't think Swayman gives a shit on who he hugs as long as he's hugging someone in bruins goalie gear.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad