Confirmed with Link: D Andrew Peeke for Jakub Zboril and a 2027 3rd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

The Bruins have made Wotherspoon a better player, and obviously see something in Peeke but giving up the third for a guy who's been a scratch (and there was speculation of a possible off-season buy-out ) in Columbus is more than puzzling to me. Hell I was thinking Zboril was enough.

Reactions: Bodit9

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Im old enough to remember when Hampus Lindholm wasnt a healthy scratch on the worst team in the league
Think their point still stands, a lot of posters were weary of the price paid because his stats were so bad on a garbage squad. It definitely worked out, Peeke at least fills a need, hopefully it works out too

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
This is a guy who I think can be good in a solid defensive system like we have. He might be a pleasant surprise and gives us depth for the playoffs. I think he will give us Clifton level play in the least and should be better than Forbert.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I remember McQuaid and Boychuk and the parade we had when they were acquired, because everyone knew they’d be such quality players and teammates here.

Like Boychuk and McQuaid (and K.Miller), I think Peeke will fit in well here playing a zone defensive system. All he really has to do here is keep it simple and be physical and there should be a spot for him on 3rd pair RD and some PK duty.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
So a young player quitting on his team rather than trying to improve it is a better scenario for you? Yikes that's some horrendous logic, bro
We had to pay someone to take Zboril, now they have a contract slot to sign a College FA.
As far as good or bad logic, I guess we'll see. Human's are complicated creatures, some need more nurturing than others. Not everyone is a leader and with poor leadership, some get lost. So I choose to wait and see him fail or at least be better/younger/cheaper than Forbort has been over his time in Boston. LA Kings fans laughed when we signed him, but last year he was a great 3rd pair D. Having the right partner and system can change everything.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He will be pairing with Lorhei or more likely Gryz to help him with puck moving. Bringing him in allows the Bruins to keep Lorhei in the lineup without having to do a Gryz/Lorhei + Shattenkirk pairing. He adds size and toughness to the bottom pair. He will be able to allow you to lighten McAvoy's PK load so he will have more 5 on 5 minutes.

Let us hope. Of the two at least this trade might makes sense.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I was talking more for next year. I sorta had him penciled in as the 7th Dman.

Wotherspoon and his ability to play both sides is the seventh D next year. They will add someone new to the LD side to play along with Lindholm and Lorhei. Probably someone that can provide some puck movement next to Peeke. Or maybe a bigger upgrade that moves Lorhei there.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Peeke excelled under Brad Larsen. Not so much under... Sorry I couldn't remember his name. Vincent. But his play under Larsen was what prompted the Jackets to sign him to a three-year deal. One no one questioned at the time. He was stalwart on the top four and deployed against difficult competition for two years straight on an awful club.

Hey, I could be wrong about Peeke. He may look like ass here. I don't know. But I think he's the perfect fit for this structure and he's going to alleviate a lot of defensive pressure from our top guys. And his contract is going to look like a steal for what he brings on a nightly basis.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Like Boychuk and McQuaid (and K.Miller), I think Peeke will fit in well here playing a zone defensive system. All he really has to do here is keep it simple and be physical and there should be a spot for him on 3rd pair RD and some PK duty.
I know nothing abour him but trust posters (like you) who do know.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Peeke excelled under Brad Larsen. Not so much under... Sorry I couldn't remember his name. Vincent. But his play under Larsen was what prompted the Jackets to sign him to a three-year deal. One no one questioned at the time. He was stalwart on the top four and deployed against difficult competition for two years straight on an awful club.

Hey, I could be wrong about Peeke. He may look like ass here. I don't know. But I think he's the perfect fit for this structure and he's going to alleviate a lot of defensive pressure from our top guys. And his contract is going to look like a steal for what he brings on a nightly basis.
He fits a role, is at an age that you can reasonably expect dmen to still improve given the difficulty of the position and came relatively cheap.

I understand the gripes from some, but I'll wait and see what he does here, I think him and Gryz would actually be a good 3rd pair if they keep Lohrei with Mac or Carlo.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
The Bruins have made Wotherspoon a better player, and obviously see something in Peeke but giving up the third for a guy who's been a scratch (and there was speculation of a possible off-season buy-out ) in Columbus is more than puzzling to me. Hell I was thinking Zboril was enough.
don't know much about Peeke, but apparently he's big, hits, and if he can get the puck out of the D zone, I'll love him. And less money than we pay Gryzz to sit in the press box.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wotherspoon and his ability to play both sides is the seventh D next year. They will add someone new to the LD side to play along with Lindholm and Lorhei. Probably someone that can provide some puck movement next to Peeke. Or maybe a bigger upgrade that moves Lorhei there.
Big physical guy that moves Lohrei to the 3rd pair and lets McAvoy roam free on the first pair

With Lohrei on that pairing McAvoy has to play a more steady game and I think that takes away from what makes him great. Let the tiger run!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
don't know much about Peeke, but apparently he's big, hits, and if he can get the puck out of the D zone, I'll love him. And less money than we pay Gryzz to sit in the press box.
Im not hating the player and ill root like hell for him but Im not liking this deadline at all. Sweeney had Forborts 3mil LTIR and eventually a 3rd pick, in his back pocket heading into this week and he couldn't come away with a more impactful move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad