Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Discuss! Celebrate! Kvetch!
IMG_3907.jpeg

Reactions: Kegs

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Little bit erratic from what I've seen, but an excellent add. Size, moves the puck well, plays physical and blocks a lot of shots. He's going to take some pressure off on the PK.

Plus he's young and signed through next season.

Down the right side of the defense:
McAvoy
Carlo
Peeke

That is locked down. I'm a BIG fan of this move.

Now what happens to fit him in?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Seems to fit the size and physicality that many wanted, hope he fits into the bottom pair....can't be too mad with what Sweeney has done with limited space and assets.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In a lot of ways, the Bruins are doing Columbus a favor by taking on the remaining two full years with no retention. I guess that is reflective in the price they paid (basically nothing).

CBJ has a disgruntled right-handed shooting top D prospect whos vocally peeved that he's back in the AHL. This clears out the roster spot while not having to bury Peeke's cap hit in the minors.

This is a gamble by Boston. They must believe Peeke is young enough and good enough to revive his game here in their system with their coaching staff.

But if they are right (and I think they are), he's a really nice add moving forward.

If he doesn't work out (and they'll give him next year to prove that), he's an easy buy-out Summer 2025.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I get that Sweeney had to get something for nothing at this deadline, but this kid seems like a low ceiling reclamation project and he's signed for 2 more years at 2.75. It could go sideways quick.

Hope they see something in him that blossoms.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I get that Sweeney had to get something for nothing at this deadline, but this kid seems like a low ceiling reclamation project and he's signed for 2 more years at 2.75. It could go sideways quick.

Hope they see something in him that blossoms.
He's replacing Forbort's money and role next year, really isn't a huge risk.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I dont know jack about this kid. Had to look him up.

Also completely forgot about Zboril this season

Reactions: badbrewin

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Little bit erratic from what I've seen, but an excellent add. Size, moves the puck well, plays physical and blocks a lot of shots. He's going to take some pressure off on the PK.

Plus he's young and signed through next season.

Down the right side of the defense:
McAvoy
Carlo
Peeke

That is locked down. I'm a BIG fan of this move.

Now what happens to fit him in?
And Lindholm-Lorhei-Wotherspoon on the left for next season? I wanna see Peeke play but I don't hate it. Room to add another guy and maker Wotherspoon the 7th.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I don’t get this from a cap or value perspective. I admittedly don’t know much about him but it seems like he was a healthy scratch and likely going to be bought out?

I’d be ok taking a waiver on him for just Zboril but I don’t get adding the 3rd unless they’re eating cap. But something is coming, we’re above cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad