GDT: Czech Republic Vs Russia | 12/27 @ 9:30PM ET | TSN/NHLN

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I've always liked Podkolzin, he looks like a great leader in a locker room, very good on his own end and without puck but unfortunately I came to realisation over the years that he's never gonna be a high point producer. He may become a decent 3-4 liner in NHL but I'm not sure even about that.
LOL

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
At least it is toy.ru on his forehead and not some sex commercial... but then again... I do not know what toy this really is.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
Clearly not Bragin's team. Worst game by team Russia at U20 in the last several years.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Honestly, he doesn't seem to give it away anymore than any of the other top D prospects. He also plays a ton of minutes, so he has more opportunities to turn it over. He's got a lot to work on, but given what I thought we were getting based on the chatter at the draft, I'm pleasantly surprised with what I've seen. He seems to play a pretty mature game.
He's had more than two major brainfarts in this game. One lead to the goal. Pretty mature:sarcasm:

Not that I expected otherwise. He juats had a great game agaist the US team by his standards.

chaoshockey

Mar 3, 2019
No. He's fine. Podkolzin looks like he always does. Makes a lot of good little plays to win battles and makes some nice passes.

You were expecting some god out there? He's not a great offensive player.

Exactly! Podz is interesting, because he does so many little things right but rarely puts up points or stats and people rag on him for that. He's not a dynamo by any means but he's damn good.

Reactions: Atas2000

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Literally at least half of the forward group.

This Russian team isn't the most talented up front, and their C depth is an obvious weakness.
Yes.... but... why do you think Abramov is any better? He played against Canada. Did not look like a guy who stands out on this roster.

Startseva

Dec 30, 2012
Moscow
by the game like that 1:0 it's hard test for Russia. just need patience. it bring succes. but our team try play individual and everythign breaks. hope coach will give them lesson)

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yes.... but... why do you think Abramov is any better? He played against Canada. Did not look like a guy who stands out on this roster.
I mean I thought he played pretty well against Canada. It is what it is though Russian coach is going to make his decisions and they will either work or they won't and Abramov will move on with his career.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wanted to watch this game but stuck at work .
I am a Devils fan in Canada and curious how Pytlick and Mukhamadullin are doing ?
Sounds like Shakir is not doing too great and why the hell is Pytlick not playing ? I thought he was one of the Czech’s better forwards is he not ?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

He's a skilled 2-way C who isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas.

Literally the exact type of player the Russians could use right now against the Czechs. I don't care if he was average against the Canadians in a pre-tournament game, I've seen enough of him in the Q to know he's a top six forward on this Russian squad and having him on the bench while your team is struggling offensively and being dummied physically is downright idiotic.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I am a Devils fan in Canada and curious how Pytlick and Mukhamadullin are doing ?
Sounds like Shakir is not doing too great and why the hell is Pytlick not playing ? I thought he was one of the Czech’s better forwards is he not ?
I'm not sure if he's injured or not... madness to Healthy Scratch him if he isn't hurt.

chaoshockey

Mar 3, 2019

Mukh has had a few missteps but he's doing alright. Pretty sure Pytlik is out this game.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Mukhamadullin started off the game with a major unforced puck loss at the own blue line that luckily did not end up a goal against. Though he made a pretty bad play on the other blue line late in the second that lead to a goal against. So there is that:help:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Mukhamadullin started off the game with a major unforced puck loss at the own blue line that luckily did not end up a goal against. Though he made a pretty bad play on the other blue line late in the second that lead to a goal against. So there is that:help:
was it him on the right side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad