GDT: Czech Republic Vs Russia | 12/27 @ 9:30PM ET | TSN/NHLN

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes. But I know that they prefer the other term.

As an example, here are the words of Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babiš in interview for the Wall Street Journal:
“I don’t like this. We are the Czech Republic. We are Czechs. And I don’t know who came with such a stupid idea. Crazy.”
it's funny becasue they came up with Czechia but I don't recall anyone really clamouring for a new name. It's kind of like our gorgeous jerseys, all of a sudden we had new ones. They 'fixed' 2 things that were fine. What's next, the goal song?lol

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Just finished watching...Czechs gave up against the Swedes after the 3rd goal went in but tonight they laid it on the line and could not have played any better. Group of death is completely up for grabs.

Reactions: Czechboy

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
it's funny becasue they came up with Czechia but I don't recall anyone really clamouring for a new name. It's kind of like our gorgeous jerseys, all of a sudden we had new ones. They 'fixed' 2 things that were fine. What's next, the goal song?lol
They toyed with the Coat of Arms.

You don’t fu**ing touch the Coat of Arms, Association.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I've seen this so many times where a team pulls off a massive win and has nothing left in the tank for the next game. It's like all of the energy and emotion has been used up and the team struggles to reset and focus on the next game. I'd be surprised if the Czechs keep it close vs the US. This was pretty much their gold medal game that they have played tonight. With that being said, I hope I'm wrong and the Czechs can make a game of it vs the Americans :nod:
Literally could not have said it better myself. Would be more shocked if that didn’t happen, than our win over Russia tbh

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad