GDT: Czech Republic Vs Russia | 12/27 @ 9:30PM ET | TSN/NHLN

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Mukhamadullin started off the game with a major unforced puck loss at the own blue line that luckily did not end up a goal against. Though he made a pretty bad play on the other blue line late in the second that lead to a goal against. So there is that:help:
These were bad, but its weird how well he has played the rest of the game though. Aside from those two horrendous plays, I'd say he's looked rock solid as Russia's top defender

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
To me.. the Russians have been taking it easy... playing at 80 percent. Czechs are giving it everything they have, going 120 percent (for their ability levels).

Curious if the Czechs can keep this up for a full period... I can't shake the image of the Russians just coming out like gangbusters to start the third.

Yesterday we played 30 good minutes. We are now up to 40 so that is a good step.

As far as blowing up the pool.. make no mistake, no matter what I'll be shocked if Russia is not in the Semi's

Koffer from Rychlovsky is the most unlikely think I've seen in awhile...

Reactions: Atas2000

chaoshockey

Mar 3, 2019
To me.. the Russians have been taking it easy... playing at 80 percent. Czechs are giving it everything they have, going 120 percent (for their ability levels).

Curious if the Czechs can keep this up for a full period... I can't shake the image of the Russians just coming out like gangbusters to start the third.

Yesterday we played 30 good minutes. We are now up to 40 so that is a good step.

As far as blowing up the pool.. make no mistake, no matter what I'll be shocked if Russia is not in the Semi's

Koffer from Rychlovsky is the most unlikely think I've seen in awhile...

If the Czechs pull this one out, B pool is gonna get wild for sure. Imagine Russia/Finland in the QF

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What did he do wrong? He was on the ice for a minute and a half as well.
A defenceman has to be aware of a danger of a puck loss and a breakaway against and make safe play or be positioned in front of opposing players. That's defenceman basics. I never blame forwards for such plays. They are used to take risks in the OZ and be out of position for recovery. In that sequence Mukhamdullin was just careless at the czech blueline.

Reactions: c9gunner

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
A defenceman has to be aware of a danger of a puck loss and a breakaway against and make safe play or be positioned in front of opposing players. That's defenceman basics. I never blame forwards for such plays. They are used to take risks in the OZ and be out of position for recovery. In that sequence Mukhamdullin was just careless at the czech blueline.

Absolutely. It's totally on him.

Reactions: mrbazman

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
These were bad, but its weird how well he has played the rest of the game though. Aside from those two horrendous plays, I'd say he's looked rock solid as Russia's top defender
That is exactly what we were telling you the whole time. He is good offensively. He is good defensively(otherwise he wouldn't play in the KHL)... but he is good for an occasional defensive blunder. Maybe because he is a former forward, maybe for some other reasons. If he can work this out of his game in the future, he will be a great pick up for the Devils.

Reactions: mrbazman

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I thought the mistake was not looking for a trailer once the play entered the Russian zone. That said the entire Russian team looks off. Guys shanking shots or just missing the net and not playing with purpose. Look at the sequence that led to the break by the Czechs. Three Russians high in the offensive end circling and circling in low danger areas and making passes that led to nothing. The whole team needs to pick it up.

Reactions: cska78

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I also don't see any difference makers on the team, Amirov and Chinakhov seemed to have been overhyped quite a bit.
They weren't. It's just they are not playing on their level yet for whatever reason. I just don't see the players I am used to.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Nobody could possibly expect any human to skate like that after a 3 min shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad