Euro Hockey Tour: Czech Hockey Games

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I've been watching Hägg closely these games and I seriously don't think he'd be more than a 2nd pairing D in the SHL. He makes subtle mistakes pretty much every shift. That finish solo rush this period was only made possible because of his brutal poke check attempt on the blue line. He's made a number of poor breakout passes this game, the most memorable one to Kempe that lead to a great scoring chance for the Finns. So often he just fires the puck blindly along the boards an it gets picked up by the other team. In the defensive zone he tends to be all over the place, and not in a good way. He's also pretty weak along the boards.
The Swedish version of Dan Girardi. The only question is how the heck Grönborg considered him a WHC defenseman. Even Gustafsson in Luleå is a better defenseman than him.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Tyrväinen need to brush up his reacting skills. Hadnt he turned his back against the goalie, that would never happen. Thats a well known covard move. And you dont go full idiot against a goalie in a game like this. "He didn have time to react" then dont skate faster then you have the brains or skills for.

I still hope Finland has a good tournament , as good as they can without beating Sweden.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Well it was created by a Swede because he thought we were flooding the roster thread with EHT game-talk.
Thanks for the clarification, and it was a good idea too.

I didn't mean it like it bothered me or anything, I was just kind of amused to observe the one-sided activity. (Good for you!)

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Never change.
Don't worry, I won't. As EK47 said, I created this thread to discuss the games this tournament. It's neither mine nor other Swedish hockey maniacs' fault this thread is so flooded with Swedish fans during game time. We simply ask other fans to step up to the plate. ;)

It might seem insane to even care about this tournament, but, it was completely televised in Sweden - who's doing a strong run on the interest in hockey btw, they even have a 3 hour documentary of the history of hockey. But, Sweden has a ton of interesting players that alot of Swedes are interested in watching. Me personally, I really want to observe Pettersson, Lindholm, Bratt, the goalies, Ekman-Larsson with Larsson, etc., but also how the "scrubs" perform.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Interesting matchup... motivated Czech B team vs unmotivated Russian A team.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Don't worry, I won't. As EK47 said, I created this thread to discuss the games this tournament. It's neither mine nor other Swedish hockey maniacs' fault this thread is so flooded with Swedish fans during game time. We simply ask other fans to step up to the plate. ;)

It might seem insane to even care about this tournament, but, it was completely televised in Sweden - who's doing a strong run on the interest in hockey btw, they even have a 3 hour documentary of the history of hockey. But, Sweden has a ton of interesting players that alot of Swedes are interested in watching. Me personally, I really want to observe Pettersson, Lindholm, Bratt, the goalies, Ekman-Larsson with Larsson, etc., but also how the "scrubs" perform.
Hey, I wasn't replying on that but on the "pig hockey" garbage. I agree with what you say here, I reckon I already said as much earlier. :)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I've been pumped about this tournament all week! I have to watch it on a VPN in Canada. The star power is crazy!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I didn't watch the KHL this season... but are we sure that THIS Jakub Kovar is the SAME one that was doing extremely well in the KHL? This is the third exhibition game I've seen him play and he's been below average in every one. He reminds me of the same Jakub Kovar who we'd start instead of an NHL goalie that would get roasted by NHL shooters.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
You know one cannot feel secure when Kovář is between the pipes.

Now exact reason we dont score goals, seeking teammates even in clear scoring chances.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You know one cannot feel secure when Kovář is between the pipes.

Now exact reason we dont score goals, seeking teammates even in clear scoring chances.
It's true.. a strong goalie helps offense. Increases the confidence of eeryone and the team transitions better. Get a shaky goalie and now everyone is on their heels and it all goes to hell.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
So the ep40 can’t even escape Loui Even when he plays for sweden.
Sweden is going to do f*** all of the run with that line combination.
Luckily it’s still pretty early

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad