Euro Hockey Tour: Czech Hockey Games

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This is a thread dedicated to all the games hosted in the hockey tournament at the start of May in Sweden and the Czech Republic, where many teams test out their WHC squads before the real gets going at the 10th of may in Slovakia. It's open for game discussions and player discussions, internationally speaking.

As this thread was opened, Sweden is playing Russia in Globen Arena, Stockholm. Sweden is up 1-0 a bit into the 1st period.

If a mod wants to change the title, feel free to do so.

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Sweden doesn't have the team at full strength, but neither does Russia. I feel Russia has gained more star power than Sweden though for this game. It will be interesting to see which team finds the most chemistry.
Markström playing as if the NHL season never ended.
Yeah, I honestly feel he should be the #1 choice in net. He was sooo good for Vancouver this season. He's used to getting shelled out there, it must be a relief playing behind a bit more solid team.

edit: What the hell is Adam Larsson doing on the #1 PP?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yeah I mean they managed to create stuff but it was all Pettersson and OEL.
I can only write it off by seeing Grönborg wants to give the lesser players a chance to fight for a roster spot. Or, that he doesn't want to give the Russians anything to go on before the real tournament starts, kind of like a chess player not showing his best openings. He's not this insane.
Hägg as we knows it.
Ah, that explains why that coverage was so bad.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Markstrom solid in the first period. Kruger and especially Loui have played surprisingly well so far. Holm is playing solid too, best of the non NHL'ers so far. Rasmussen with two blantant turnovers, once which led to a goal against.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Pettersson, OEL and Bratt to some degree Adrian Kempe has been on a different level for Sweden.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Markstrom solid in the first period. Kruger and especially Loui have played surprisingly well so far. Holm is playing solid too, best of the non NHL'ers so far. Rasmussen with two blantant turnovers, once which led to a goal against.
The goalie situation is a non issue. Markström has become a splendid starting goalie, which he has proven this whole season. I'm fine with either Markström or Lundqvist in net. I lean on Markström and that's coming from a huge Lundqvist fan.
That was Marcus Pettersson and Philip Holm.
Don't destroy the narrative dammit! I want to hack on Hägg and here you come and tell us he wasn't even on the ice? Not that Pettersson - Holm sounds like a world beater either. I blame it all on canswetoxic. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad