Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Is it going to be released on next gen? I only see PS4 and Xbox One.
It's forward compatible from both the PS4 to PS5 and XBOX One to XBOX Series X.

It will already take some advantage of the newer hardware of the next gen consoles right away, but when the next gen version of the game is released sometime next year, if you already have the current gen version on the next gen console, you will get your game upgraded automatically for free on the next gen system when it releases.

Also, if you start out playing on the current gen, and later upgrade yourself from PS4 to PS5 or XBOX One to XBOX Series X, you can also carry forward your save from the old console to the new as well.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Reviews get released at midnight eastern, Anything less than an average score of a 9 will be a massive fail in my books the way this game has been getting hyped.

EDIT - i was wrong, reviews already coming out

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaels Arms

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Reviews get released at midnight eastern, Anything less than an average score of a 9 will be a massive fail in my books the way this game has been getting hyped.

Meh, I don't care much about the average review score. The game could get 9's and 10's across the board and disappoint me, or get 7's and 8's but be exactly what I was looking for. The criticisms in the reviews are much more important to me that the scores.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Many of the reviewers might not have a lot of time in the game before they post reviews. And the first few hours of Witcher 3 actually didn't impress me much, so I'm not going to take a ton of stock in the early reviews, at least as a whole, one way or the other.

I don't pre-purchase often but pre-loading now.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This is the first game I've pre-ordered since RDR2. Before that it was probably GTA5.

My main concern is how the thing is going to run on a base PS4 and also how the voice acting will be. The voice actors in the Witcher 3 were phenomenal.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So early reviews highlight the game is undercooked on the bug front. Patches will come in hot and heavy, but considering immersion is a critical feature of the game it is a little problematic to be as buggy as it is.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Considering how some major outlets are talking about the major bugs that are going down in the game, I have no f***ing clue how it keeps getting 10s...

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
So early reviews highlight the game is undercooked on the bug front. Patches will come in hot and heavy, but considering immersion is a critical feature of the game it is a little problematic to be as buggy as it is.

These reviews are without the huge initial patch though right? I can't imagine that they've eliminated all of the obvious bugs, but hopefully it's not that bad.

The fact they shipped the game in that state (even if they knew a patch would fix most issues) and allowed reviewers to play it in that state is shocking and concerning though.

Edit: after a quick search I'm seeing conflicting information about whether or not the reviewers had the day 1 patch installed. I'm waiting for more critic and player reviews before picking this up anyways.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
These reviews are without the huge initial patch though right? I can't imagine that they've eliminated all of the obvious bugs, but hopefully it's not that bad.

The fact they shipped the game in that state (even if they knew a patch would fix most issues) and allowed reviewers to play it in that state is shocking and concerning though.

Edit: after a quick search I'm seeing conflicting information about whether or not the reviewers had the day 1 patch installed. I'm waiting for more critic and player reviews before picking this up anyways.

IGN said they didn't have the day 1 patch. Other outlets probably were confused because they had the day 0 patch and thought it was the same thing.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Man, CDPR have major cajones if they did that.....

Then again, I suppose the game is review proof.

Considering the reports of crunch at CDPR, I wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't be provided to reviewers simply because the day 1 build isn't ready. I think they really need to overhaul their management team because they shouldn't have to fix such glaring issues following 8 months of delays. They have a really talented dev team and it would be a shame if mismanagement drove them away.

I'm really hoping the day 1 patch reduces the bug frequency to a level where you will rarely encounter them.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Apparently the main story is about 20-25 hours long, which is going to annoy some people who prefer longer ones like the The Witcher 3's.

Personally I found that game's main story to be longer than it needed to be. I prefer a shorter game with more replayability, which this appears to be going for since you customize your own character, choose from different starting paths and have a higher variety of "builds".

Reactions: HzH

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Has anyone found a review that mentions if the game is fun? That's literally all I care about but I can't find a review out there that discusses the fun factor.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The opinion seems to be that the core game is great but it's majorly hampered by bugs. Few outlets reporting this thing runs like absolute ass on last gen consoles and apparently some PCs

Giant Bomb's Jeff Gertsmann summed it up with saying the game itself is great but it should have been delayed more because of the bugs. That's apparently with that massive patch they put out too.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Apparently the main story is about 20-25 hours long, which is going to annoy some people who prefer longer ones like the The Witcher 3's.

Personally I found that game's main story to be longer than it needed to be. I prefer a shorter game with more replayability, which this appears to be going for since you customize your own character, choose from different starting paths and have a higher variety of "builds".
I was THRILLED to hear this. 20-25 hours is pretty much my breaking point. Side quests easily double it they also said though.

I was so pumped for the new AC until i started playing a few hours then found out it's like a 60-80hr game. Completely lost interest when I heard that.

Reactions: God King Fudge

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So probably somewhere like 60 to 64 hours for a full run?

That's honestly really good to hear. Witcher 3 was way too god damn long for my tastes and I'm currently having the same issue in Valhalla as well. 30 hours in (with some minor sidequesting in there) and the end is nowhere in sight.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I was THRILLED to hear this. 20-25 hours is pretty much my breaking point. Side quests easily double it they also said though.

I was so pumped for the new AC until i started playing a few hours then found out it's like a 60-80hr game. Completely lost interest when I heard that.
Agree 100%

I bought Valhalla, Like a Dragon and Watch Dogs last month and the thought of another 60-100 hr game was just stressing me out.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Has anyone found a review that mentions if the game is fun? That's literally all I care about but I can't find a review out there that discusses the fun factor.

You want fun? Hey, everyone, this guy only cares about fun. That's literally the least important quality. Gaming these days is all about ray tracing, running at 4K, massive worlds, immersion, achievements and being able to customize your character down to your genitals. If you want fun, stick to Mario Kart.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Papa Francouz

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Skyrim was buggy as hell and is considered a classic. Still has tons of bugs after a decade and a dozen ports. I'm not super concerned, though hopefully the patches keep rolling out while I wait for mine to ship lol.

I got super excited when I read a review comparing it to a bigger budget, more ambitious Deus Ex. Thats really all I want, the freedom to tackle problems in different and creative ways in a cyberpunk world. It seems like most are praising the role playing elements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad