CXLII - Coyotes agree to play at ASU with $20m annex for next three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Apparently there is another group in Houston as well if you listen to the locals on Twitter that could play temporarily in NRG stadium while an arena is built in Houston. There is also the Jazz owner that has been poking around and of course the NHL could take control of ownership again and relocate the team to a market they desire (Portland, San Diego, KC etc) until an owner comes by.
and where will that arena be built with out being politically red tape to death.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
We're not going anywhere, plus you guys have to come up with a title for CXLIII right?

Maybe no megathread until Tempe actually has more info they release, really nothing is going to happen until they meet and talk about it some more. They seem much more tight lipped about things compared to Glendale during this whole saga.

Reactions: doublejman

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Apparently they won't be able to use their logo at Center Ice? I thought it would be dual.

From ASU CFO Morgan Olsen:
As for the design at center ice, Olsen would not reveal the exact plans, but he did offer this: “You should anticipate that both team identities will be reflected.”

So you gonna believe Katie Strang, or the CFO at ASU who overlooks the arena??

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I guess Meruelo needs to be nice to his new landlord

Apparently they won't be able to use their logo at Center Ice? I thought it would be dual.

This deal seems to be getting better all the time for team

Not a Coyotes fan but inject both that jersey and the dark one into my veins.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sorry I should clarify. The Center ice thing: will go with Olsen.

For the Good Behavior clause: Strang

The "good behavior" part was amplified by pumping up the tires on all of the other previous hit pieces.

Those types of clauses are often found in contracts. I don't see this being any different given it's a state university building being used, and what the Athletic article did here was frame this as some "oooooh..... Meruelo has to be a good boy now" moment.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Imagine being a hockey writer and never actually writing about hockey, instead collecting a paycheck writing hit job after hit job on one team you have nothing to do with while doing media tours after each article so every podcast in Canada can pat you on the back about what a good job you’re doing.

Katie Strang is pathetic, and so is most of this thread

Last edited:

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
The "good behavior" part was amplified by pumping up the tires on all of the other previous hit pieces.

Those types of clauses are often found in contracts. I don't see this being any different given it's a state university building being used, and what the Athletic article did here was frame this as some "oooooh..... Meruelo has to be a good boy now" moment.
Well, hopefully Meruelo already knows and doesn't need to read articles like this as a reminder.

Otherwise, if he violates this after Tempe gives the initial approval leaving the team without a temporary home would be quite the pickle to be in....and not a tasty one either :D

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Imagine being a hockey writer and never actually writing about hockey, instead collecting a paycheck writing hit job after hit job on one team you have nothing to do with while doing media tours after each article so every podcast in Canada can pat you on the back about what a good job you’re doing.

Imagine being so transparently frightened by an intelligent, well-connected woman.

Katie Strang is pathetic, and so is most of this thread

I find blatant misogyny more pathetic but that might just be me.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Well, hopefully Meruelo already knows and doesn't need to read articles like this as a reminder.

Otherwise, if he violates this after Tempe gives the initial approval leaving the team without a temporary home would be quite the pickle to be in....and not a tasty one either :D
But what exactly constitutes this “good behaviour” clause? Is not paying bill a breach, or is it personal stuff?

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
I guess Meruelo needs to be nice to his new landlord

This deal seems to be getting better all the time for team

After the way they talked/acted towards Glendale and Gila River this had to be expected to bad it doesnt apply to Gary as well

Once again everything not going with your agenda is a hit piece

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Once again everything not going with your agenda is a hit piece

Because they were one sided hit pieces.

The "good behavior" clause is standard procedure for ASU. Been confirmed by a spokesperson for ASU.

Strang and Shapiro tried to pump that one point up as a "gotcha" and then try to support it by Strang's previous pieces based on people who were let go by the Coyotes or left because they didn't like the changes.

Frankly speaking, I would prefer seeing @1CasualFan 's legal interpretation of the lease (if a copy is actually out there) than a couple of writers.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Wouldn't a good writer also research stuff before writing?
It’s all about clicks. Something tells me if the headline was “Coyotes-ASU deal includes moral clause common in modern business deals” won’t exactly get the clicks and Twitter traction that the athletic wants.

They know that shitting on the coyotes and inviting their readers to join in is a click goldmine, actual facts be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad