GDT: Cute Emergency! Lil' Avs vs. Baby Sharks

Do you know the way to San Jose? DO YOU!?!?

• Yes

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • I ATE DIONNE WARWICK!!!!

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
What a stupidly strange game that was.

But we won so i'm good for now.

Let's hope Mikko isn't hurt (much). The last thing we need is another injury to a key guy.

On to the next one i guess.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Lesson learned tonight. If you want to win 5-0 put up a respectable GDT. If you want to look like clowns bring up this Baby Shark crap. My goodness the day this song was released will be proven in the annals of history to mark the day Western Civilization began it's inexorable decline

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Did not love Byram’s defensive game much at all tonight. I counted three separate times he forced a bad pass that got picked off. Not gonna pick on him on the GTG as that looked like a complete breakdown all around but I wasn’t thrilled with his game in the defensive zone. Offensively he was good.

Other than that I didn’t think the Avs played poorly, just got way too cute and forced too much to Mikko, and they got goalie’d a little.

I hope the injury to Mikko is not too serious. Very concerned it was bothering him late because his shot accuracy went out the window after that happened.

MacKinnon 100 points. Glad if OT had to happen, at least it gave us THAT moment.

Lastly, fire MacDermid into the sun. He is objectively the worst f***ing Avs player of all time and the worst player in the NHL this year. Could not execute even the simplest of plays tonight, got muscled off the puck easily, and the one time he pinched to try and generate something, he took an insanely dumb penalty that let the Sharks back in the game. Please start the postseason so I don’t have to watch this human snowmobile again.

Overall I’m a tad annoyed at 96’s injury and the fact the Avs couldn’t put this shitty team away in regulation but hey, playoffs, century mark for MacKinnon, and a career high in points for Rantanen.
56 sucks I have no idea why Bednar can't see this. Any option is better than playing him.

Rants needs to just play hockey instead of trying to score. He's much more likely to score if he just plays solid hockey instead of forcing every single shot every time down the ice. I think his hand will be fine, wouldn't have kept going if he was really hurt.

MacK deserves this moment, he has straight carried this year. He's been utterly dominant, nice to see him hit that 100pts club. Too bad he missed a month, would have been right there with Draisaitl for 2nd in the league.

In terms of of the game tonight, it was pretty poor. Too much effort was put into feeding 96 instead of just playing. Also was frustrating to watch Girard get outmuscled again at a crucial time in a 1 goal game. Byram also sucked. 29 was pretty dominant. George was great. No else stood out as good or bad. Overall kind of lazy, but figured out a way to get it done.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Just saw the OT replay. F***ing Karlsson just hung out at the offensive blue line, leaving two forwards back to play defense when the puck was very much in contention. Then he assists on the game winning goal with a brain dead giveaway. This is your Norris favourite. I don't care about Makar not being in the conversation, but how the hell is this guy going to win while being a total disaster defensively?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Just saw the OT replay. F***ing Karlsson just hung out at the offensive blue line, leaving two forwards back to play defense when the puck was very much in contention. Then he assists on the game winning goal with a brain dead giveaway. This is your Norris favourite. I don't care about Makar not being in the conversation, but how the hell is this guy going to win while being a total disaster defensively?

Yeah he's very clearly cherry picking for points trying to hit 100 at this point.

There were multiple horrific defensive plays by him tonight where he was cheating for offense.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

IMG_0775.gif

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Just think of these awards as being as meaningful as all star games. I really don't get all the time and energy wasted on any of them in a team game.

Reactions: Ararana

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Only watched the firrst period last night then fell asleep. Mildly surprised that we let this get to OT but at least we got the W. MacK with his 100th is nice to see. Rants still looking for 50.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Yeah he's very clearly cherry picking for points trying to hit 100 at this point.

There were multiple horrific defensive plays by him tonight where he was cheating for offense.
His play was embarrassing to watch. Here’s to the Avs taking advantage of that pure selfishness one more time next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad