Prospect Info: Cut bait

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Is there any rule that specifically states that only 1 of the skaters on the ice for your team can be in goalie gear?
From the NHL rulebook

5.3 Goalkeeper - Each team shall be allowed one goalkeeper on the ice
at one time. The goalkeeper may be removed and another skater
substituted. Such substitute shall not be permitted the privileges of the
goalkeeper.

Edit: For further clarification, the equipment rules are different between goalkeepers and skaters. Hence only one person can wear goalkeeper gear.

Last edited:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
From the NHL rulebook

5.3 Goalkeeper - Each team shall be allowed one goalkeeper on the ice
at one time. The goalkeeper may be removed and another skater
substituted. Such substitute shall not be permitted the privileges of the
goalkeeper.

Edit: For further clarification, the equipment rules are different between goalkeepers and skaters. Hence only one person can wear goalkeeper gear.
I wish they'd put a position player in net now and again so cut4 could tweet about it.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I believe....

Rasmussen
Smith
Hirose
Brome
Cholowski
Lindstrom

Thats stacked. This “cut bait” question could be interesting next year. It seems like it’s been a few years since any hard questions about season starting waivers.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Thats stacked. This “cut bait” question could be interesting next year. It seems like it’s been a few years since any hard questions about season starting waivers.
Stacked? The only sure player to make the team is Raz. I assume Lindstrom will make it as well, very worst 7D.

- Hirose is too weak to play in the NHL. He has no trade value, I have no idea why people keep thinking other teams want players that can't make the roster of the worst team in the league. FFS, our roster players cleared waivers.

- Brome is not signed for next season. We'll see if he want to try again. COVID really messed it up for him.

- Smith deserves a chance, I think he's better than Erne (low bar). Cut bait with Erne.

- Cholo.... if there's no improvement, waive him. He'll clear.

I don't think any team has ever claimed a player on waivers from the worst team in the league. Ever. If anyone can come up with an example to prove me wrong.... go for it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Eric Comrie 2019-Dec-19 Claimed off waivers by Winnipeg Jets from Detroit Red Wings
But didn't play for them and was waived again on the 28th, which means the Wings could have taken him back.

True that he was claimed, but not sure if it really counts if he didn't even dress for a single game.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
But didn't play for them and was waived again on the 28th, which means the Wings could have taken him back.

True that he was claimed, but not sure if it really counts if he didn't even dress for a single game.
Who cares if he played a game for WPG or not...that wasn't your criteria. He did however play 3 gp for the Wings (the worst team) & was horrible, 0.864% & 4.28 GAA. It's ok to be proven wrong, it happens to the best of us on occasion.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Who cares if he played a game for WPG or not...that wasn't your criteria. He did however play 3 gp for the Wings (the worst team) & was horrible, 0.864% & 4.28 GAA. It's ok to be proven wrong, it happens to the best of us on occasion.
My point is that anyone who's not good enough for the WIngs isn't an NHL player. So while you are technically correct, you haven't really disproven my point at all.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
My point is that anyone who's not good enough for the WIngs isn't an NHL player. So while you are technically correct, you haven't really disproven my point at all.
Still wasn't in your criteria. :cool:

Besides, Yzerman is too busy taking waiver fodder from other crappy teams & turning them into future Top 6 F's (Fabbri/DeLaRose) :laugh:

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Still wasn't in your criteria. :cool:

Besides, Yzerman is too busy taken waiver fodder from other crappy teams & turning them into future Top 6 F's (Fabbri/DeLaRose) :laugh:
I'll concede that any one of those players listed above could be claimed for a team's AHL affiliate like Comrie was (and he played well for Manitoba), but it's of very little consequence anyways. It's like a homeless bum worrying that someone might steal the stale half eaten french fries he just found in the McDonald's trash can. Our fries will have a nice smokey flavor since we're such a dumpster fire.

I get this gut feeling that Smith will get selected by Seattle anyways. They don't need Stecher or Dekeyser, there are better defensemen elsewhere. 3rd/4th line physical presence is something a team needs, might as well get that from a team with not much else to offer in the expansion draft. Plus he's cost controlled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad