Proposal: Curtis Glencross to MTL

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Zero interest in Diaz. Small, mediocre #4 or 5 dman.

That's true, I forgot he was 5'11, although that's not terribly small. But mediocre is the wrong term - underrated is more apt. And he generally plays either first or second pairing in Montreal. He would do just fine in Calgary on a team lacking a solid number four.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
That's true, I forgot he was 5'11, although that's not terribly small. But mediocre is the wrong term - underrated is more apt. And he generally plays either first or second pairing in Montreal. He would do just fine in Calgary on a team lacking a solid number four.

If he was the main piece coming back for Glencross, I would be VERY disappointed. Glencross brings much more to this team than Diaz would.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
If he was the main piece coming back for Glencross, I would be VERY disappointed. Glencross brings much more to this team than Diaz would.

Glencross appears to bring a lot to the team because Calgary is a poor team, strapped for talent. Diaz would have a similar impact on the defensive core.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Glencross appears to bring a lot to the team because Calgary is a poor team, strapped for talent. Diaz would have a similar impact on the defensive core.

If the Flames actually wanted Diaz half as bad as you do we could acquire him without giving up nearly half the value that GlenX holds.

It's like Phaneuf to TO all over again... :help:

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

No Glencross brings a lot to the team because he is a physical, defensively responsible, 20-25 goal scorer, signed at 2.5M and who will provide leadership to a young team next season.

Do you honestly see Diaz having a similar impact on our defense?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
If the Flames actually wanted Diaz half as bad as you do we could acquire him without giving up nearly half the value that GlenX holds.

It's like Phaneuf to TO all over again... :help:

Speaking of Phaneuf, I hope he bolts from TO. Would make me feel a bit better about that trade.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
No Glencross brings a lot to the team because he is a physical, defensively responsible, 20-25 goal scorer, signed at 2.5M and who will provide leadership to a young team next season.

Do you honestly see Diaz having a similar impact on our defense?

Similar, but obviously not as great. There are no easy analogies with our defense right now, but if we compare him to a forward, he'd be somewhere between Glencross and Stajan's impact level.

I think he would immediately be slotted as a #3 defenseman.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think he's probably better defensively than Wideman, Gio or Brodie. Whoever out of those three we decide to put in the second pairing, he'll be playing alongside, and will probably get slightly more minutes than.

He was the worst defenseman on MTL with a corsi of -5.99 and high a PDO above 1000 meaning he was a lucky player.

Gio was a better shutdown defenseman and there is more to a defenseman then just defense. You could argue he would be 3rd on the team in defensive ability but he would be the #4 defenseman at best and Glencross is worth a lot more.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I think he's probably better defensively than Wideman, Gio or Brodie. Whoever out of those three we decide to put in the second pairing, he'll be playing alongside, and will probably get slightly more minutes than.

I'm sorry but your terribly overrating Diaz.. That would be terrible value for Glencross.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
:help:

He was Montreal worst defender pretty much all season.

All right, cool, guess you'd be happier getting Josh Gorges for Glencross. Or is Diaz better after all?

I'm trying to come up with a realistic trade proposal here. Diaz is coming off a much-improved season, has playoff experience, and did extremely well in Switzerland. Glencross is an unknown depth player on one of the worst teams in the NHL and has not been competent anywhere outside Calgary. I even threw in a prospect to make the deal fairer. Oh, yeah, Calgary's getting robbed on this one.

And yes, Eller is about equivalent value to Glencross. The thing is, we don't need another centre. We need a stronger defense. If you can find a defenseman you'd be happier with that Montreal would actually be willing to trade, go for it. Diaz is the best that Montreal would probably be willing to give up for a player like Glencross.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
All right, cool, guess you'd be happier getting Josh Gorges for Glencross. Or is Diaz better after all?

I'm trying to come up with a realistic trade proposal here. Diaz is coming off a much-improved season, has playoff experience, and did extremely well in Switzerland. Glencross is an unknown depth player on one of the worst teams in the NHL and has not been competent anywhere outside Calgary. I even threw in a prospect to make the deal fairer. Oh, yeah, Calgary's getting robbed on this one.

And yes, Eller is about equivalent value to Glencross. The thing is, we don't need another centre. We need a stronger defense. If you can find a defenseman you'd be happier with that Montreal would actually be willing to trade, go for it. Diaz is the best that Montreal would probably be willing to give up for a player like Glencross.

Id rather not trade him for ANY of Montreal's lackluster bottom pairing defenders. You really can't handle when people disagree with you...

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Id rather not trade him for ANY of Montreal's lackluster bottom pairing defenders. You really can't handle when people disagree with you...

Diaz generally played on the first or second pairing. And it's not that I can't handle when people disagree with me, it's that it's frustrating arguing with people who've no idea what they're talking about and overvalue their players' worth on the trade market solely because they're on their team.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Diaz generally played on the first or second pairing. And it's not that I can't handle when people disagree with me, it's that it's frustrating arguing with people who've no idea what they're talking about and overvalue their players' worth on the trade market solely because they're on their team.

The irony....

I guess Diaz is a top pairing D :laugh: and Glenx is a 3rd line scrub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad