Proposal: Curtis Glencross to MTL

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Severe overpayment and for the 18th time this week, he took a giant salary discount in order to get a guarantee from ownership that they would never ask him to waive his NMC.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Your dept of tourism to spend a year long campaign directed at Curtis Glencross.
Starting a money Chuckwagon Circut within 30 mins of Montreal.
2014 1st + Diaz/Thrower

Outside of that I don't see it happening

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Your dept of tourism to spend a year long campaign directed at Curtis Glencross.
Starting a money Chuckwagon Circut within 30 mins of Montreal.
2014 1st + Diaz/Thrower

Outside of that I don't see it happening

Just imagining how great it would be if this actually happened, with screaming throngs of Montreal fans waiting for GlenX to get off the plane because they've been told so much about him.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Then you're overstating his trade value. Glencross is a good second-line left wing. Diaz is a good #3 or #4 defenseman. Fournier has a good shot at being a third-line right wing to help fill in the squad. Fair trade.

I hope you never become a General Manager. Well, maybe for the Oilers.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I laugh when I read Glencross proposals. It's not like the proposals aren't fair or good value, he is just never waiving. He is as committed to the flames as he is to his family and Alberta. He's the most tradeable untradeable asset we have.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Fans on team-devoted forum want to move every player over 28 in a rebuild for picks or prospects. Well, I've never seen this before.

Diaz: neither a pick nor a prospect, is the bulk of the deal
Fournier: prospect, but recently signed an entry level contract, is a minor part of the deal

#notreadingthepost

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Diaz: neither a pick nor a prospect, is the bulk of the deal
Fournier: prospect, but recently signed an entry level contract, is a minor part of the deal

#notreadingthepost

Yes trading Glenx for a 27 year old D-man with 82 NHL Games and 4 goals is a brilliant idea. We could never possibly acquire a similar player through Free Agency.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Yes trading Glenx for a 27 year old D-man with 82 NHL Games and 4 goals is a brilliant idea. We could never possibly acquire a similar player through Free Agency.

He's had plenty of time to excel in the Swiss league, and whether he scores goals or not is not something we care about given that he still racks up assists. You can make the same argument that Brodie has played 101 games and only has 4 goals so he's a comparable asset, but if I said that, everyone would be through the roof.

Besides, we don't want Diaz for his offensive game. We want him for his defensive one, and he is one of Montreal's best stay-at-homes.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He's had plenty of time to excel in the Swiss league, and whether he scores goals or not is not something we care about given that he still racks up assists. You can make the same argument that Brodie has played 101 games and only has 4 goals so he's a comparable asset, but if I said that, everyone would be through the roof.

Besides, we don't want Diaz for his offensive game. We want him for his defensive one, and he is one of Montreal's best stay-at-homes.

Brodie is 23 years old, no its not comparable. Diaz has an average defensive game at best. Hes a very run-of-the-mill two-way D, and at 27 he doesn't have much more potential.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Brodie is 23 years old, no its not comparable. Diaz has an average defensive game at best. Hes a very run-of-the-mill two-way D, and at 27 he doesn't have much more potential.

I meant that it's not comparable and that using those particular statistics to try to back up your opinions is pointless.

We're talking about trading an organizational strength (left wing) to receive something the Flames are lacking (defense) in the package of a younger player. Diaz also happens to have playoff experience and has spent time in a top two pairing. His defensive game is one of the best on the team and his ppg totals increased nicely this year as opposed to last year.

This is not to say I want to trade Glencross, I think he's a good player and a great part of the organization. But in a fair trade, this is what we'd be getting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad