NHL Entry Draft: Cup's Early 7 Round Mock NHL Entry Draft.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I'm surprised at how low Rask/Ambroz went. I was praising the pick.

Sorry... I thaught you were bashing the picks? I still don't understand why Rask was by passed when he's tagged as a mid 1st round pick.

OilerOlli*

Edmonton continues to add size to the organization and selects Seth Ambroz from the USHL's Omaha Lancers.

1st Rd - Sean Couturier (C)
2nd Rd- Seth Ambroz (RW)
3rd Rd -
3rd Rd (CGY) -
4th Rd -
4th Rd (PGH) -
5th Rd -
7th Rd -

Not so satisfield with thew Oilers pick. There has to be another scenario at draft day. At least if we pick that high.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Once again.... what's wrong with Rask?

Doesn't have to be anything wrong with him. It could be the old cliche about there only needing to be one guy ahead of him on each teams' list for him to fall. It does, however, look like he IS falling. On ISS he has been #3, 5, 5, 7, 10 and 14 from august through january. FC has him at #21 and Bobby Mc at #16. On the Midterm Rankings, however, he has fallen completely out of favour and is only 9th in the Euro-list. I don't know specifically why he seems to be falling on many lists, but it happens to some every single year. A combination of the fallee not improving as much as expected and others jumping him because of much improved play.

As for Ambroz, he has really taken a plunge from the preseason rankings and him being picked early in the second round is now earlier than the lists out there suggest. #28 on Midterms North American Skaters, out of ISS' top 30 for the second straight month, #50 on Bobby Mc's and #45 on FC's rankings.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Jimmi Jenkins was PM'd that his turn was here... I guess he's got about an hour until the pick gets made for him.

Since he has been PM'd and it's been well over 12 hours, I'll announce Zack Phillips (#12 on the Midterm) from Saint John of the QMJHL to the Islanders at #33.

PM-ing Toronto.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
At #34, the Toronto Maple Leafs select Boone Jenner from the Oshawa Generals. Perhaps a big guy who can provide the much needed truculence that Burke wants down the middle.

Last edited:

OilerOlli*

Knowing you... I didn't expect anything less.

:p:

Same here...
With those picks I smell a 2003 reloaded.
The Oilers could use some Top 6 skilled forwards prospects. We drafted so many 3rd line 2 way prospects the last years. I have no problem with it, but now watch fore some potential Top 6 Forwards.

Ryan English

@ryanenglish_FC
Nov 14, 2010
Halifax, NS
To keep flow going after 12 hours (i know i'm close to the deadline) I'll announce the selection of Richard Rackell of the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL (20th bobby mac's rankings) with the 35th overall pick of the Ottawa Senators

rack-t_43622.jpg

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
To keep flow going after 12 hours (i know i'm close to the deadline) I'll announce the selection of Richard Rackell of the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL (20th bobby mac's rankings) with the 35th overall pick of the Ottawa Senators

rack-t_43622.jpg

Umm, not to be an a-hole or anything, because it's great that posters are very active and help Cup take care of this thing, but it's stated very clearly in the rules that it's the Midterm-rankings that are going to be used for these picks....

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hey guys,

Sorry, been away all day - that sure did move fast since late last night.

Rackell was next in line on my list, so definitely would have picked him.

Tilley_

Aug 3, 2005
Chicago selects from Ottawa of the Ontario Hockey league, Left Wing, Shane Prince

shane-t_50208.jpg

The next GM (OilGagner89) has been PMed.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
:sabres
The Buffalo Sabres are pleased to select, from the Edmonton Oil Kings of the WHL, C Michael St.Croix.
DSC_33003008.jpg

Sabres 2011 Draft Picks:
1st round - Ryan Murphy (D) Kitchener, OHL
2nd round - Michael St. Croix (C) Edmonton, WHL

Next GM PM'd

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad