NHL Entry Draft: Cup's Early 7 Round Mock NHL Entry Draft.

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
I'm looking to trade down my 1st round pick (17th) for a later 1st round pick and a second round pick...

PM if you're interested.

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan
Columbus Block:
Mike Commodore can be had for next to nothing. Jared Boll, Chris Clark, Derek MacKenzie, Ethan Moreau and Anton Stralman are also available.

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
We have a trade to announce:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Kristian Huselius from the Columbus Blue Jackets for winger Chris Kunitz, defensive prospect Carl Sneep, and Pittsburgh's 5th round 2011 draft pick.

Last edited:

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Kristian Huselius from the Columbus Blue Jackets for winger Christ Kunitz, defensive prospect Carl Sneep, and Pittsburgh's 5th round 2011 draft pick.

Columbus comfirms, pleasure doing business

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
all these trades are extremely exciting but is new jersey on the clock yet? i know its not a crosby draft with an obvious first choice but it would be nice to get this thing rolling....

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Kristian Huselius from the Columbus Blue Jackets for winger Chris Kunitz, defensive prospect Carl Sneep, and Pittsburgh's 5th round 2011 draft pick.

Columbus made out like bandits here.

Kunitz for Huselius straight up is more than fair; Pittsburgh adding Sneep and a pick really tips the scales in Columbus' favor...

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Columbus made out like bandits here.

Kunitz for Huselius straight up is more than fair; Pittsburgh adding Sneep and a pick really tips the scales in Columbus' favor...

I'd consider Huselius a fair offensive upgrade over Kunitz - he's a 60+ point offensively minded winger. Sneep and the pick were throw ins. Neither really meant much to me at all.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
ATTN: Teams In Need Of Goaltending

St. Louis is offering the rights to Konstantin Barulin for a very reasonable price.

Please note that the asking price will have to be slightly higher for a Western Conference opponent than it will be for an Eastern Conference club, for obvious reasons. The price will not, however, be onerous for GM's in either conference.

First come, first served..

Barulin is currently leading the KHL in GAA with 1.78, also has a 93.0% save percentage. He wants a "guaranteed" NHL roster spot, and St. Louis doesn't have one available with Halak in place and both Bishop and Allen in the wings.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
I'd consider Huselius a fair offensive upgrade over Kunitz - he's a 60+ point offensively minded winger. Sneep and the pick were throw ins. Neither really meant much to me at all.

Huselius is no bum, to be sure... but Kunitz is cheaper, bigger, younger (albeit only by one year), more physical and more consistent.

I wouldn't turn Huselius away from my team, but I wouldn't trade Kunitz to acquire him, either. But that's just me...

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Huselius is no bum, to be sure... but Kunitz is cheaper, bigger, younger (albeit only by one year), more physical and more consistent.

I wouldn't turn Huselius away from my team, but I wouldn't trade Kunitz to acquire him, either. But that's just me...

Considering my roster, I have plenty of physicality. I added Bobby Ryan, a full upgrade over Kunitz in all of those departments, so I wanted to add some more finesse to my lineup. Huselius brings that, and I think would fit in very well with Crosby.

I like Kunitz a lot, but I feel the offensive upgrade was needed. Now I just need a 2nd line LW.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The Penguins have another trade to announce:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Brad Boyes and talented goaltending prospect Konstantin Barulin from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for winger Pascal Dupuis, forward prospect Tomas Kühnhackl, goaltending prospect Mathias Modig, and Pittsburgh's 2011 6th round draft pick.

Penguins GM Brian Boyle was pleased with how quickly the deal went down:

"We believe Brad will give us a boost in talent and scoring off the wing - he's a great fit for either Sidney Crosby or Jordan Staal. He's a right handed shooter, something we have lacked the past few years. We feel we are set down the right side, but would like to add one more winger."

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
The Penguins have another trade to announce:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Brad Boyes and talented goaltending prospect Konstantin Barulin from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for winger Pascal Dupuis, forward prospect Tomas Kühnhackl, goaltending prospect Mathias Modig, and Pittsburgh's 2011 6th round draft pick.

Penguins GM Brian Boyle was pleased with how quickly the deal went down:

"We believe Brad will give us a boost in talent and scoring off the wing - he's a great fit for either Sidney Crosby or Jordan Staal. He's a right handed shooter, something we have lacked the past few years. We feel we are set down the right side, but would like to add one more winger."

St. Louis confirms. The Blues would like to wish Brad Boyes well in his future endeavors, and wish Konstantin Barulin the best as he should finally get the NHL roster spot he has been seeking. The Blues look forward to welcoming Pascal Dupuis to the NHL roster, and Tom Kühnhackl and Mattias Modig to the organization.

St. Louis selections in 2011 Draft (as of 20 Jan 11):

12th
40th
70th
72nd
100th
160th
179th
190th

Last edited:

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
all these trades are extremely exciting but is new jersey on the clock yet? i know its not a crosby draft with an obvious first choice but it would be nice to get this thing rolling....

I have sent the NJ GM two PM's letting him know he is up.

We will give NJ (Jason MacIsaac) until 12 noon and then after that I will assign a new GM to the team who will be given a 2 hour window to make a pick or trade the pick.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
What a shame. Jason MacIssac has not been on the boards since the 14th. I will look for a replacement GM but in the mean time, NJ will pick by 2 PM (EST) today so can finally get this thing rolling.

To make it interesting, if no manager selects, we should do a consensus selection.

Mine would be :devils Jonathan Huberdeau, C, Saint John (QMJHL)

It's a kind of unlikely first overall pick, but this eliminates taking a player of higher draft value for the team that actually makes their pick, and hey, a big splash at the draft never hurt anybody!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

With the 1st overall pick, the Devils are proud to select from the SEL... Adam Larsson.

468_adam_larsson_004.jpg

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Introducing poster DEVILS ALL THE WAY as the Devils new GM.

Edmonton Oilers select C Sean Couturier and his hugh upside potential with the 2nd overall selection.

Pick made via Proxy list.

Islander GM will be PM'd.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

:devils

Available players... Elias, Arnott, Zubrus, Rolston, C. White, Tallinder.

* Parise might be available but you better have a solid offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad