NHL Entry Draft: Cup's Early 7 Round Mock NHL Entry Draft.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
The Flames have no untouchables.

Kirpusoff & Iginla biggest names on the chop shop block.

Giordano about the only guy I am unlikely to move.

If Kipper & Iggy offers are not overwhelming they will stay.

Robyn Regehr & a multitude of forwards available.

Looking to start a youth movement in Calgary - something that should have been initiated long before now!

Emailing [email protected] may result in a quicker turn around time for offers.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
my assumption for :isles would be RNH.
can we have a consensus?

Hey Hey Hey, i just got the message today. Sorry for the delay.

The pick to follow

With the 3rd pick in the 2011 Cup midseason Mock Entry Draft

The New York Islanders are proud to select From the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL, Forward Gabriel Landeskog

imgres

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Just so everyone is on the same page, each GM has 12 hours to make their selection from the time the last pick was made.

No concensus will be made, I will be following next best on the NHL CS mid-term list for miseed picks.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
OK-- Boston Bruins are on the clock but will open up a six-hour time window to field offers for the 4th pick.

Looking to stay in the top-10, preferably around pick 6-8 range. Looking for a 2nd-rounder if you want to move up or a prospect or combination of solid prospect/third-round pick or lower depending on the player offered.

Will consider major/NHL player offers as well, but want a top-three forward or top-two defenseman if I'm giving up top-4 otherwise, no dice. That's my price for a top-five if you want to pay it. I'll have to look at the cap ramifications as well beyond this season, so keep that in mind.

Realistic offers only, please.

I'll entertain offers until 11:15 pm EST or thereabouts-- after that, I'll assume no offers are forthcoming and will likely make the selection.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
:habs will like to trade down in the first round and grab an extra 2nd rd pick in the process

pm me with your offers

pierre gauthier is an idiot for trading my 2 2nd rounder...just ruined my mock draft :rant: ;)

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
With the fourth selection in the 2011 Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins are pleased to select, from the Red Deer Rebels of the Western Hockey League, center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

***Taken from post-draft media session with Bruins GM***

Q: Did you try to trade down or deal the pick at all?

A: We got quite a few offers for the pick and made a couple of counteroffers, but at the end of the day, we wanted to stay in the top-10 and couldn't get what we were looking for. We had a lot of interest for the pick, but many of the offers didn't give us an opportunity to stay near the top of this draft class, which given our plan to continue to strengthen the organization, was very important to us.

Q: Nugent-Hopkins is a center, why not address more of an organizational need, like a defenseman?

A: Our draft philosophy is to select the best player available, and that happens to be in our view, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. We add a highly skilled offensive player to our organization and his presence will allow us to address needs in other areas perhaps with assets we've accrued. As I said, we thought about moving down, but we weren't going to sacrifice value on our board for the sake of moving back, so we got a player we feel will be part of a winning formula for the Boston Bruins going forward.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
With the fifth selection in the 2011 Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, from the Niagara Icedogs of Ontario Hockey League, center Ryan Strome.

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
:panthers

With the sixth overall selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Florida Panthers are proud to select from the QMJHL's Saint John Sea Dogs...
Jonathan+Huberdeau+6.jpg

Center, Jonathan Huberdeau

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
:sharks are looking to trade down their first pick (17th) for a later 1st pick and a second round pick.

PM if you're interested.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Well.. if your going by Mid term rankings I guess Tyler Biggs would go to Calgary.

:sabres
The Buffalo Sabres are proud to select D, Ryan Murphy.
article_36503_2.jpg

OilerOlli*

Carolina takes with their 10th pick Defenseman Dougie Hamilton :handclap:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Drew Stafford is available with my 2nd round pick for a 1st. PM if interested!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We have a trade to announce...

After selecting Adam Larsson with the 1st overall pick, 24 hours earlier, the Devils decided to move Larsson with two other Swedes and a pick. Here's the breakdown of the trade between the Devils and the Predators.

:devils

Suter and 2nd round pick (31st overall - NJ)

Vs

:nashville

Larsson, Tedenby, Tallinder and 2nd (57th overall - Dallas)

With this trade, we feel that we acquired a #1 d-men, something that's been lacking since Niedermayer left to Anaheim. We also get the 1st overall pick of the 2nd round so we'll have the opportunity to add a possible 1st rounder that might be sliding in the eyes of other Gm's (John Merrill for example).

This organisation is in a "win now" mode and our seeding in the present standings doesn not reflect the potential of this team. With the addition of a #1 guy like Suter, we are confident that our transition game will get a major boost... leading to more scoring opportunities.

We lost a possible stud in Larsson, a promising top 6 forward in Tedenby, a #4 d-men in Tallinder and a late 2nd rounder. Moving Tallinder's contract was key in this trade for now and the future cause we are determined to go hard after a top UFA d-men this offseason and Tallinder's next 3 years at 3.3M$ would be better invested elsewhere.

With this move, our roster now looks like this...

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus
Kovalchuk-Elias-Palmieri
Rolston-Josefson-Clarkson
Zharkov-Henrique-Pelley

Suter-Volchenkov
Greene-White
Toarmina-Corrente
Fayne

Marty
Moose

Last edited by a moderator:

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
We have a trade to announce...

After selecting Adam Larsson with the 1st overall pick, 24 hours earlier, the Devils decided to move Larsson with two other Swedes and a pick. Here's the breakdown of the trade between the Devils and the Predators.

Vs

With this trade, we feel that we acquired a #1 d-men, something that's been lacking since Niedermayer left to Anaheim. We also get the 1st overall pick of the 2nd round so we'll have the opportunity to add a possible 1st rounder that might be sliding in the eyes of other Gm's (John Merrill for example).

This organisation is in a "win now" mode and our seeding in the present standings doesn not reflect the potential of this team. With the addition of a #1 guy like Suter, we are confident that our transition game will get a major boost... leading to more scoring opportunities.

We lost a possible stud in Larsson, a promising top 6 forward in Tedenby, a #4 d-men in Tallinder and a late 2nd rounder. Moving Tallinder's contract was key in this trade for now and the future cause we are determined to go hard after a top UFA d-men this offseason and Tallinder's next 3 years at 3.3M$ would be better invested elsewhere.

With this move, our roster now looks like this...

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus
Kovalchuk-Elias-Palmieri
Rolston-Josefson-Clarkson
Zharkov-Henrique-Pelley

Suter-Volchenkov
Greene-White
Toarmina-Corrente
Fayne

Marty
Moose

That is some major overpayment.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

That is some major overpayment.

Based on what?

Larsson AND Tedenby aren't proven and Tallinder has been playing like dirt so far this season.

We get a legit #1 and the 31st pick overall. I know this is HF and prospects are worth a ton but we had the luxury of having too many LW'ers, so Tedenby became expendable and Larsson might turn into the next Lidstrom... or not. What I do know is that Suter is capable of playing now and at a ELITE level, something Larsson might or might not do in the next couple of years.

The way I see it, it's alot of "if's" and a salary dump versus a sure thing and the chance to draft a 1st rounder that might slip to #31.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
Based on what?

Larsson AND Tedenby aren't proven and Tallinder has been playing like dirt so far this season.

We get a legit #1 and the 31st pick overall. I know this is HF and prospects are worth a ton but we had the luxury of having too many LW'ers, so Tedenby became expendable and Larsson might turn into the next Lidstrom... or not. What I do know is that Suter is capable of playing now and at a ELITE level, something Larsson might or might not do in the next couple of years.

The way I see it, it's alot of "if's" and a salary dump versus a sure thing.

;)

valid points. not that bad the more i look at it.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
:wild

With the 11th overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Minnesota Wild is pleased and proud to select, from the Saginaw Spirit of the Ontario Hockey League, Brandon Saad

Brandon-Saad.jpg

"We had a tough debate about picking between Saad and a certain Finnish winger, but in the end, we like the total package of size, speed, and skill Saad can give to the Wild"

Minnesota Wild

11). Minnesota Wild – Brandon Saad Left Wing - Saginaw (OHL)
71). Minnesota Wild –
101). Minnesota Wild –
131). Minnesota Wild –
161). Minnesota Wild –
191). Minnesota Wild –

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Gary Bettman: We have a trade to announce...

The Boston Bruins have acquired the 17th overall selection in the 2011 NHL Draft from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the 25th overall and 41st overall (by way of Minnesota) selections in this draft.

Confirmed via PM by San Jose GM jesker.

OilerOlli*

Vs

lol?
Larsson, Tedenby, Tallinder for Suter and a swap of the 2nd round?
You just wanted to get a higher pick in the 2nd round for fun, right? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->