Speculation: Cup Final lineup

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
maybe he's injured. although he doesn't really look injured...it just looks like he's not playing great. and the truth is this isn't the first playoffs where his play has been underwhelming.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Can we please cut this Elite Speed Viktor junk BS argument

Stalberg has elite speed but rarely uses it ,,, He especially makes no effort to use it defensively

You have to be on the ice to use it. What's he supposed to do for 5 minutes a night in a gummed up neutral zone, skate laps?

You realize on a minute by minute basis in terms of points for the playoffs, he's not any worse than Toews or some of the other guys. Where is their fricken production, especially on the PP?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Just because Stalberg is as "good" on a min to min basis compared to Toews, it doesn't exempt him from his ice time being cut. It's all about effort, and Vik hasn't shown it on a consistent enough basis for the type of player he is. He needs to produce, because he doesn't do ANYTHING else.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And is it merely a coincidence that two series in succession, Q waits until the team is going on the road before he inserts Stalberg back into the line-up? If I had to pick and choose when to play him (logically) I would do the opposite.... and consider a Carcillo, Morin or a Bollig on Boston ice. Bruins play a tight checking, and more physical game on home ice and there will be less time to move the puck and certainly less scoring chances then in the first two games on Hawk ice. It’s almost like Q purposely intends to make things as difficult as possible for him, rather than try and help him. Likely not, just more of Q’s backward thinking, aka stupidity, I reckon.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Just because Stalberg is as "good" on a min to min basis compared to Toews, it doesn't exempt him from his ice time being cut. It's all about effort, and Vik hasn't shown it on a consistent enough basis for the type of player he is. He needs to produce, because he doesn't do ANYTHING else.

You really think the issue is a guy playing 5-8 minutes a night on the 4th line, also hasn't even played this series. Please.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
It's about time. Never agreed with benching Berg to begin with. The Hawks need a big body to throw around at some Bruins. Hopefully he puts up a point tonight.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If by "hits" you mean finishing his checks, he does it more than most Hawk forwards, but you wouldn't have noticed that. You only see what you choose to see with this guy, all negative, and you're not the only one.

Yeah, doesn't have to be a bone-crushing, highlight-reel hit for it to matter. Simply finishing a check and putting a body on someone matters.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Most around here don't even like hits or faceoff wins anyway. :shakehead

:laugh: Yeah, I agree. They better after this series unless we do it and win. I like the Hawk effort so far in hitting and faceoffs, best all year. But still, look at who we have, we're happy to get this and this is pretty much max effort for this group IMO.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I would consider him a Power Forward. Stalberg could be like Lucic in the right situation.

no. i like him, but that won't happen.

he doesn't really shy away from physical play...but he doesn't gravitate towards big hits in the way lucic does. if you're expecting something like that you'll be disappointed.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Please allow me to rephrase my last statement as this one better reflects what I had in mind of the initial statement.

I would consider him a Power Forward. Stalberg could be like a mini Lucic in the right situation.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
again... he is not even close to this. Not talking about the lack of skill. Stalberg is speed and nothing else

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
IT has been quite the task,
to beat the steady Rask,
They must end this pain,
so pleas Toews and Kane,
Your driving me insane,
Corey is the hawks Story,
He has led us to glory,
I don't know what else to say
F you DAN PAILLE

SCREW IT

MORIN-TOEWS-KANE-------- KID CAN SHOOT
SAAD-SHARP-HOSSA---------SHARP AT C-Hoss plays
BICKELL-BOLLAND-STALBERG---BIG/ANNOYING/FAST
FROLIK-SHAW/KRuger-----------

KEITH-SEABROOK
HAMMER-ODUYA
ROSI-LEDDY

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Stalberg....did nothing once again...multiple turnovers at the opponents blue line instead of chipping it in. Did nothing defensively, used his speed maybe twice, but didn't go to the net with it, just skated around the perimeter.

Didn't make a difference whatsoever, as usual.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Stalberg created quite a few chances, which is more than Bollig did. Q just needs to repair the lines to how they were at the end of the Kings series now.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I believe this is how Q is picking the lineups nowadays:

images

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Stalberg....did nothing once again...multiple turnovers at the opponents blue line instead of chipping it in. Did nothing defensively, used his speed maybe twice, but didn't go to the net with it, just skated around the perimeter.

Didn't make a difference whatsoever, as usual.

That's why he was double shifted in the second half of the 3rd period. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad