Speculation: Cup Final lineup

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Handzus managed to lose every single faceoff last night. 0% in the dot. His total ineffectiveness is letting other teams just sit everyone on Toews while Kane and Sharp basically play shorthanded. This is unfortunately a fatal weakness of the Hawks and it's being exploited.

Some Hawks defensemen are playing like cowards against Lucic etc *cough Hjalmarsson* which isn't acceptable either.

They better decide whether or not they want to really work for it tomorrow or they might as well start packing their golf bags.

Hard to disagree with this.

Handzus has been pathetic, he has to be injured. How does a guy go from a 55% FO avg on the season to 0% in 1 game?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
29-19-88
20-10-81
65-36-25
67-26-16

don't hate those lines...

I approve of this message.

I'd add having Leddy QB the PP with Bickell firmly planted in front of the net and a "throw everything but the kitchen sink at the net" order.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
29-19-88
20-10-81
65-36-25
67-26-16

don't hate those lines...

I like these. Seems too obvious though. Q wants to do something unpredictable to look like a genius though. Winning in the way most coaches would isn't the way he appears to want to do it. I can't get the right words, but it feels like he wants to be like "anybody could do it that way, were going to be smarter and better than everyone by doing it this way".

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
I wouldn't mind moving Kruger to 4C, scratching Handzus, and putting Smith back in the lineup.
I don't know how much I trust Handzus anymore.

Some players fit certain series and then are lost when you face a different team.

Zus helped us get to the finals without question, but he is lost against the Bruins.

I agree that he should be scratched or at best, relegated to the 4th line. Too bad Q won't agree.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It’s easy to conclude that Handzus is injured, going o for at the dot in games 3. If he indeed is playing hurt, affecting his face-off ability, he should be scratched. Other than that he has scored some important goals in these PO’s. I’d stick with him, even if he is relegated to the 4th line.

InTOEWSweTrust

Free Morin
May 7, 2011
Some players fit certain series and then are lost when you face a different team.

Zus helped us get to the finals without question, but he is lost against the Bruins.

I agree that he should be scratched or at best, relegated to the 4th line. Too bad Q won't agree.

so by that logic we should sit Toews Kane and Bickel, Reason Zus looks so bad is hes playing with Kane...

Word is.. Barry Smith is on or near the Ice? Remember that last year got Q all pissy

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Let him take a stab at the PP, get the lines right (looks like they have) and then we are putting everything we can into this game.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Score reporting right now that the first line is:

29-19-88

Zus still on second line.

Woo Hoo!!!!

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
so by that logic we should sit Toews Kane and Bickel, Reason Zus looks so bad is hes playing with Kane...

Word is.. Barry Smith is on or near the Ice? Remember that last year got Q all pissy

Please.

Didn't Boynton come in for the finals in 2010? Didn't Burish sit?

Lineups can change from series to series and even in series.

Last edited:

tomcho

Apr 27, 2010
Chicago
Sharpie took 5 face-offs last game, not motivated enough to see who else was on the ice when he did. That being said I still think 26 is killing the 2nd line. Saad playing with 10 and 81 would be nearly as good as L1.

Q has made one change in the right direction, putting Sharp at center would complete the miracle.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Sharpie took 5 face-offs last game, not motivated enough to see who else was on the ice when he did. That being said I still think 26 is killing the 2nd line. Saad playing with 10 and 81 would be nearly as good as L1.

Q has made one change in the right direction, putting Sharp at center would complete the miracle.

There's an incredible amount of "THIS" in this post.

:handclap:

Last edited:

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

You realize that there is more to playing center than faceoffs, right? And that Sharp isn't very good at those things? Here's a hint -- the next time you see Sharp playing center, watch his defensive coverage/positioning. It's not pretty.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It might not even be that he doesn't like him as a center but more that he really likes him as a wing. If we wanted a better 2C, we should have picked one up, period. We didn't. I'm not that bothered by Sharp playing wing instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad