Speculation: Cup Final lineup

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 4m
#Blackhawks are on the ice for practice. Stalberg in the white jersey, Bollig in black. #CHIvsBOS #StanleyCup

BMfcfZECYAA4eHt.jpg:large

Oh ****...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Well, they probably want to pound Chara like the Leafs did. I'd rather it be Carcillo in that case.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Brian Hamilton ‏@ChiTribHamilton 1m
Top two #Blackhawks lines at practice: Sharp-Toews-Hossa and Bickell-Handzus-Kane.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????????????????

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Ah, yes. Kane finally starts performing well on the first line. Lets put him back on the second!

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
If we are going to do line changes, we should just go all out.

Saad-Toews-Frolik
Carcillo-Handzus-Hossa
Bickell-Shaw-Kane
Sharp-Bolland-Kruger

Roll all 4, all night long.

Match that, Julien.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Ah, yes. Kane finally starts performing well on the first line. Lets put him back on the second!

He's keeping Bickell with him and we can always go back to the old lines if things aren't working. I think he is just trying give Kane two big bodies to play with. The chemistry between Bickell and Kane is what got Kane going. Also, Zues is our best faceoff man at this point and we need to win draws with Kane on the ice to establish the possession game.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
He's keeping Bickell with him and we can always go back to the old lines if things aren't working. I think he is just trying give Kane two big bodies to play with. The chemistry between Bickell and Kane is what got Kane going. Also, Zues is our best faceoff man at this point and we need to win draws with Kane on the ice to establish the possession game.

I'd argue it's the chemistry with Toews that got him going again. Well, all three of them really. Which is why I don't want to see the lines changed. Kane and Handzus don't play well together. Kane and Toews do. Why change something that just got a hat-trick in the last game...

Also Bollig should under no circumstances play. Just... why, Q. Why.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'd argue it's the chemistry with Toews that got him going again. Well, all of three of them really. Which is why I don't want to see the lines changed. Kane and Handzus don't play well together. Kane and Toews do. Why change something that just got a hat-trick in the last game...

You put Toews and Kane together, they are facing Chara's pair all game. You break them up, one can pick apart the rest of the D and obviously you want Kane and Bickell to be a part of that. If the plan doesn't work, he won't hesitate to go back to the old lines. I think this is all about exploiting whatever pairs Chara is not on. Plus, I think Hossa is a guy that can handle playing against Chara better than most of our guys. It's a solid idea that could work, and if it doesn't, go back.

I agree the Bollig thing is confusing. I would have no problem with Carcillo over Stalberg but yeah, Bollig is one dimensional. He better be all over Chara the few shifts he is out there.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
You put Toews and Kane together, they are facing Chara's pair all game. You break them up, one can pick apart the rest of the D and obviously you want Kane and Bickell to be a part of that. If the plan doesn't work, he won't hesitate to go back to the old lines. I think this is all about exploiting whatever pairs Chara is not on. Plus, I think Hossa is a guy that can handle playing against Chara better than most of our guys. It's a solid idea that could work, and if it doesn't, go back.

I agree the Bollig thing is confusing. I would have no problem with Carcillo over Stalberg but yeah, Bollig is one dimensional. He better be all over Chara the few shifts he is out there.

Agreed

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida

I get the "spreading the wealth" idea, I just don't think it's going to work particularly well.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kane and Toews NEED to play together. It's the only way to get anything out of either of them.

They will but not all the time and I doubt they start the series together. Bruins would like them together against Chara... but who knows with Q. I'm gonna scream if Bollig plays though.

Msg to Q: Pens out hit the Bruins and look where it got them. Hawks need to play our game not Bruins.

SLarmer28*

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They will but not all the time and I doubt they start the series together. Bruins would like them together against Chara... but who knows with Q. I'm gonna scream if Bollig plays though.

Msg to Q: Pens out hit the Bruins and look where it got them. Hawks need to play our game not Bruins.

I agree, but I do like the idea of a 4th liner out there on Chara like a rabid dog, I just would have chosen Carcillo but Bollig could do it, just needs to really ****ing bring it. Obviously, a lot of eyes will be on him to make an impact on Chara's body.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Ben Smith is a logical replacement for Stalberg.You just tell him to finish his checks or he's in the press box for Game 2.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree, but I do like the idea of a 4th liner out there on Chara like a rabid dog, I just would have chosen Carcillo but Bollig could do it, just needs to really ****ing bring it. Obviously, a lot of eyes will be on him to make an impact on Chara's body.

Sorry, but we aren't the Leafs. We don't have the horses to budge Chara.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00