CSB Rankings Released This Afternoon: Landeskog #1?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
A surprise, but not a shock. Landeskog looked very good before getting injured the WJC and is likely the safest bet in the draft. I still think several players have a higher upside offensively, but I'd have a tough time passing on Landeskog just the same. Will be a 20 goal-50 point character player worst case. Best case, he could be 30-40 goal scoring captain. Tough to pass on that.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Not overly shocking and I still don't really agree with it. Like others say, I think there are a couple other players that have higher potential than him.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Not a surprise to me at all. He definitely doesn't have the highest offensive upside in this draft, but with his leadership and intangibles, I think he is the most likely to lead his team to a Stanley Cup.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Of course, MacKenzie is now saying he has heard from another source that Couterier is #1 in NA. We will find out very shortly one way or the other.

Jaysfanatic*

If the Isles really want Landeskog to play with Tavares, is a draft day deal (assuming the Devils get 1st overall) of our 1st for their 1st and 3rd work?

zeus3007*

If the Isles really want Landeskog to play with Tavares, is a draft day deal (assuming the Devils get 1st overall) of our 1st for their 1st and 3rd work?

You're jumping the gun. The Oilers are going to win the draft lottery. :nod: Landeskog will still be available at 2nd though, hopefully we're taking Larsson.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Seems this list based more on play than potential because Strome at 19 would be a absolutely mega steal.

That was my first thought as well. Guys like St. Croix at 36 is probably because they started compiling this list well before he started his big tear recently...?

Then again, I am not sure the cut-off date exactly...not sure about Biggs and Huberdeau that high, but they are obviously both very talented players

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
so does this officially make it a 4 horse race for 1st overall?

Couturier
larsson
landeskog
rnh

Seems that way...with all these players so close (assuming it stays that way), teams will draft by need...doubt the Oilers would take Landeskog, doubt Boston would take another centre, etc.

Milan the God*

Too early to tell. Right now, come draft day, it would be hard to tell who goes 1st overall. Nearing the end of the season and getting closer to the draft I think it will be a bit more clear. And if the Islanders do want Landeskog and he's projected to go 1st they might try to swing a deal, or hope that the Devils select a defenseman.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

Couturier
larsson
landeskog
rnh

Add Huberdeau. As of now, he could turn out with much more offensive upside than Couturier. Could out rank RNH at the end of the year. It takes only one GM to like him more than the guys above, and he'll turn out 1st overall..this guy is gonna finish the Q with more than 100 pts.

zeus3007*

Couturier
larsson
landeskog
rnh

Seems that way...with all these players so close (assuming it stays that way), teams will draft by need...doubt the Oilers would take Landeskog, doubt Boston would take another centre, etc.

Exactly. If the bottom three looks like it is now, each team could get the best piece for them.

New Jersey - Courtier
Edmonton - Larsson/Nugent-Hopkins
Islanders - Landeskog/Larsson

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Add Huberdeau. As of now, he could turn out with much more offensive upside than Couturier. Could out rank RNH at the end of the year. It takes only one GM to like him more than the guys above, and he'll turn out 1st overall..this guy is gonna finish the Q with more than 100 pts.

Islander fan here. I'm not too familar with him, but since you seem to be a big fan of his. Can I get a brief scouting report. Strengths? Weaknesses?

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Landeskog not a surprise. He is terrific.

Gibbs? Wuuut. Bärtschi really high...

Victor Rask dropped to 9th Europea skater this was what I really expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad