CSB Rankings Released This Afternoon: Landeskog #1?

Jaysfanatic*

E.J McGuier says "as many as eight guys could be taken first".

Which really grinds my gears. The one year my team decides I'm going to draft #1 or 2 overall this happens.

Happened in Basketball too. Raptors won the draft lottery in one of the worst drafts in history and we got stuck with Bargnani.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Marcel Noebels, who was passed over in the last draft, is 48th on the NA skater list, while Tobias Rieder is only at 74?

Rieder hasn't scored a lot lately, but he's still outscoring Noebels (though in different leagues), he's almost a whole year younger and has always been considered the better prospect. The only thing Noebels has on Rieder is his size.

Not that it isn't nice to have Noebels ranked in that area, but I really don't see what puts him ahead of Rieder, especially by that much.

That being said, it would be nice to have a German prospect rise during the year, not fall, like Rieder and Kühnhackl have done this year and last.

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
The sweds have been overhyped latley. Landeskog is good but couturier is better,larsson is better,i even think murray is better than him.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
It seems like CSB really likes "character" players. How else can you explain Landeskog and Biggs? Unless the team picking #1 already has a competing lineup, why would anyone take a character player over a potential #1 F or D?

The ranking of some of the U.S. players is surprising:

• McColgan at #102 -- behind players like Czarnik #89 and St. Clair #83. Really?
  • Neito at #55 -- behind N. Shore #38 and Trocheck #42. Say what?

I'm not suprised Ambroz is at #28. I would expect him to be even lower, but CSB seems to love the stereotypical man-child seventeen year old whom later isn't up to snuf when the kids become men.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah I'm really surprised by Strome being so low, as I thought he would break into the top 5.

That said I'm not surprised Landeskog is #1. Intagibles, good player, etc. He was Ottawa's #1 anyway.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Wow, Bärtschi at #6?!? That would make him something like 8th overall...
Surprisingly many Swiss players on the European list, they definitely passed Slovakia in Junior Hockey, more and better prospects this year.
That said, I don't think many of the later listed Europeans will get drafted, especially not the overagers...

Gruntfuttock

Sep 25, 2008
Seems that way...with all these players so close (assuming it stays that way), teams will draft by need...doubt the Oilers would take Landeskog, doubt Boston would take another centre, etc.

Bruins will take the BPA. It's that simple. Majority of the B's winger prospects used to be centres. So it wouldn't be anything new if they drafted a centre again and would put him or Colborne for example on the wing. And the B's could really use a first line forward with elite skill for the future. Right now they have Seguin and maybe Spooner and Colborne. And that's a pretty big maybe.

Weird that the two guys, St. Croix and Bell, whose upside I really liked when I watched them play live, are so low. Can someone here tell us more about Tyler Biggs? Im sure here's a lot of people that don't know pretty much anything about him. Should he be that high?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Which really grinds my gears. The one year my team decides I'm going to draft #1 or 2 overall this happens.

Happened in Basketball too. Raptors won the draft lottery in one of the worst drafts in history and we got stuck with Bargnani.

He played in the shadow of Bosh for so long, this year he definitely looks like a 1st overall pick.

And I don't agree with what EJ McGuire said, IMO theres only 3 guys with a realistic chance of going first overall (Larsson, Landeskog, Couturier), and 2 more with a chance but not a good chance (Murphy and Nugent Hopkins)

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Wow, Bärtschi at #6?!? That would make him something like 8th overall...
Surprisingly many Swiss players on the European list, they definitely passed Slovakia in Junior Hockey, more and better prospects this year.
That said, I don't think many of the later listed Europeans will get drafted, especially not the overagers...

i think junior hockey has evolved a new big 6: Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia, Finland, and Switzerland. In recent years, even the czechs have been falling behind the swiss.

Interesting to see that 2 of the top 3 euro players should come from the CHL this year, possibly 3 of 4 if musil picks it up. Is this a matter of the best euros deciding to go to canada or is it that euros in canada get more attention?

also, anyone else think that the euro top-end is incredibly shallow? Sure we have two euros in the #1 battle, but i see only 5 european skaters as solid 1st rounders this year: Landeskog, Larsson, Bartchi, Armia, and (BC-born, Edmonton-raised) Musil. Namestnikov, jurco, and jensen could easily fall out of the 1st round.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Xavier Ouellet 15 ranks lower than TOMAS JURCO is one of the worst jokes ever...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->