Post-Game Talk: Crosby Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The second goal is the type of goal that every team needs and it's fitting that it turned out to be the game winning goal.

Great game, obviously, Hart tried to make it interesting but it wasn't to be. Malkin looks better when not shackled to Smith and was awesome to see his celebration after his goal made the final minutes so much less nerve-wracking. Let's see if DOC's great form will last, if it does, who knows, maybe we will sneak into the playoffs. The early season rumors of Rakell's demise seem greatly exaggerated. Rust is still rusty but had some nice plays. And Harkins was actually good apart from his second penalty.

Last but not least, Sullivan is yet to go back to his security blanket GCRust and kept Smith on the third line and Graves on the third pairing. I doubt this kind of sanity will last but I am enjoying it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I assume our resident goalie experts aren’t able to comment on this thread because Jarry’s pubes are blocking their view of the monitor and keyboard

Reactions: BillyOcean

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
11-12-2 2.60 91.2%

V

8-3-2 2.50 92.2%

Why would the Penguins defence do this???

(Even if you want to argue there’s no significant difference between Jarry and Ned’s stats, you’re admitting that jarry is on par with a backup on a 1-year deal and you’d have to be a monumental moron to defend him or his contract)

Last edited:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
11-12-2 2.60 91.2%

V

8-3-2 2.50 92.2%

Why would the Penguins defence do this???

(Even if you want to argue there’s no significant difference between Jarry and Ned’s stars, you’re admitting that jarry is on par with a backup on a 1-year deal and you’d have to be a monumental moron to defend him or his contract)
Jarry is playing normally tho, nothing wrong with his season. It´s just that Ned has been better than a normal goalie.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The second goal is the type of goal that every team needs and it's fitting that it turned out to be the game winning goal.

Great game, obviously, Hart tried to make it interesting but it wasn't to be. Malkin looks better when not shackled to Smith and was awesome to see his celebration after his goal made the final minutes so much less nerve-wracking. Let's see if DOC's great form will last, if it does, who knows, maybe we will sneak into the playoffs. The early season rumors of Rakell's demise seem greatly exaggerated. Rust is still rusty but had some nice plays. And Harkins was actually good apart from his second penalty.

Last but not least, Sullivan is yet to go back to his security blanket GCRust and kept Smith on the third line and Graves on the third pairing. I doubt this kind of sanity will last but I am enjoying it.

Sullivan finally coaching to have the best team versus “the best” lines.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Jarry is playing normally tho, nothing wrong with his season. It´s just that Ned has been better than a normal goalie.
I mean read the entire post. If jarry is no better than Ned, we don’t need brain dead takes from icarium and HoG. If our backup is capable of making more saves than jarry (who never lets in a bad goal according to the dipshit duo of icarium and HoG) why do we need jarry?

Further, and this is really the most important question: what has to go wrong in your life that you’re dying on the “Tristan Jarry is good” hill?

That’s basically Bob Saget in “half baked” territory.

Just admit that he’s just another guy, accept that he lets in a ton of bad goals and has the mental fortitude of dog shit and move on. Don’t sit here and tell a bunch of people with working eye balls and double digit IQs that jarry is good. We may not be Einsteins, but we’re not stupid.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I mean read the entire post. If jarry is no better than Ned, we don’t need brain dead takes from icarium and HoG. If our backup is capable of making more saves than jarry (who never lets in a bad goal according to the dipshit duo of icarium and HoG) why do we need jarry?

Further, and this is really the most important question: what has to go wrong in your life that you’re dying on the “Tristan Jarry is good” hill?

That’s basically Bob Saget in “half baked” territory.

Just admit that he’s just another guy, accept that he lets in a ton of bad goals and has the mental fortitude of dog shit and move on. Don’t sit here and tell a bunch of people with working eye balls and double digit IQs that jarry is good. We may not be Einsteins, but we’re not stupid.

Not only we got redux Bylsma, but we got redux Fleury too!

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
From my perspective, when Jarry is on, he’s one of the most technically sound goalies in the league and he has this big league-leading shutout number to back it up. But when he’s off… boy howdy. The consistency is a big concern - this is a guy who goes to the All-Star game occasionally and totally falls apart at other times. The team seems to be a touch calmer and less reactive in front of Ned, who even when he gives up a few soft goals doesn’t seem to go into meltdown mode. I like having both and the tandem approach, and hope we see the emergence of a Jarry who can bring all his talent game-in game-out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
From my perspective, when Jarry is on, he’s one of the most technically sound goalies in the league and he has this big league-leading shutout number to back it up. But when he’s off… boy howdy. The consistency is a big concern - this is a guy who goes to the All-Star game occasionally and totally falls apart at other times. The team seems to be a touch calmer and less reactive in front of Ned, who even when he gives up a few soft goals doesn’t seem to go into meltdown mode. I like having both and the tandem approach, and hope we see the emergence of a Jarry who can bring all his talent game-in game-out.

3 of his shut outs were sub 25 saves this year.

Jarry is who he is. He's a good enough goaltender, but us getting stuck handing him the bag was always a bad management of contracts.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
*Hellberg saved .95 goals above expected per game*
Ned is saving .37 goals above expected per game
Jarry is saving .26 goals above expected per game

Big Pus scores more pts/min than the entire PIT team yet is 10th on % TOI

Carter, Harkins, and Hinostroza all have team worst negative 5v5 GF yet play before Big Z (55% GF)

Not hard to figure out who plays Sully if you would ever objectively focus on results. I'm just saying that he's costing this team points in the standings with dumb lineup + deployment decisions based on contract value.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I don't know what's funnier - you posting insult-filled rants like an edgy 13-year old who has just discovered internet forums, your weird obsession with Jarry or casting me as some die hard Jarry defender for daring to suggest that if your team scores one goal against the Sabres maybe, just maybe, the goalie wasn't the biggest issue in that particular game. Not that it should matter but I was livid when Jarry got that latest contract and have never said anything about him "never letting in a bad goal" but I get it, edgy kids love straw man arguments.

Doesn't mean I must pretend he is the worst goalie in the league to get some cool kids points. He has better numbers than Sorokin, Shersterkin and Vasilevskiy this season but we should all whine how he robbed us blind because his backup has been a very pleasant surprise? Is Jarry the long term answer? Probably not, because of his habit of falling apart in April but for that kind of money, he is a perfectly fine regular season goalie. Pretending he is Jack Johnson the goalie is pure stupidity or should I say a brain dead take?

P. S. showing up after the team had maybe it's best game of the year and against the local rivals to boot just to say "I told you that goalie sucks" is vintage hfboards, I will give you that.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Who would have thought that youth + speed with some skill sprinkled in would be a winning formula when paired with aging stars? No, let's resign all of our wings.......... awful, simply awful.

You could have trade Rust at the TDL his contract year, same with Rakell and now the same with Jake and used for futures and youth with the skillset listed above, adding some physicality. Guess what, the Pens would be much better positioned to compete now as well as improving their future.
Don't get me started on the Smith aquisition........ Say it with me (you too Dubas) YOUTH, SPEED, PHYSICALITY, LIMITED SKILL...............REPEAT as a mantra...........MORANS

Reactions: vodeni

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't know what's funnier - you posting insult-filled rants like an edgy 13-year old who has just discovered internet forums, your weird obsession with Jarry or casting me as some die hard Jarry defender for daring to suggest that if your team scores one goal against the Sabres maybe, just maybe, the goalie wasn't the biggest issue in that particular game. Not that it should matter but I was livid when Jarry got that latest contract and have never said anything about him "never letting in a bad goal" but I get it, edgy kids love straw man arguments.

Doesn't mean I must pretend he is the worst goalie in the league to get some cool kids points. He has better numbers than Sorokin, Shersterkin and Vasilevskiy this season but we should all whine how he robbed us blind because his backup has been a very pleasant surprise? Is Jarry the long term answer? Probably not, because of his habit of falling apart in April but for that kind of money, he is a perfectly fine regular season goalie. Pretending he is Jack Johnson the goalie is pure stupidity or should I say a brain dead take?

P. S. showing up after the team had maybe it's best game of the year and against the local rivals to boot just to say "I told you that goalie sucks" is vintage hfboards, I will give you that.
I show up at the same rate as always, which is random. I’m no longer chronically online so I’m not going to be here after every game to argue with you.

And just to be clear: I’m not casting you as a diehard jarry fan. I’m casting you as a f***ing moron who spends their free time simping for a shitty goalie.

The fact that you were unable to pick that up after the 23rd “moron” is a pretty good indication that I’m spot on in my analysis.

Also, if you think me calling you a moron is “edgy 13 year old” stuff, I just f***ed your mom.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I thought IC was sane, but the insults are what an insane poster like me would do.

Jarry vs. the Isles 3 years later really has that effect on people. I guess there is a lot of emotion tied to the goaltending position.

I think Jarry wasn't good against Buffalo - the Tuch goal was terrible, to his blocker (again) - but I really struggle to criticize goaltending when the offense can't score.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I thought IC was sane, but the insults are what an insane poster like me would do.

Jarry vs. the Isles 3 years later really has that effect on people. I guess there is a lot of emotion tied to the goaltending position.

I think Jarry wasn't good against Buffalo - the Tuch goal was terrible, to his blocker (again) - but I really struggle to criticize goaltending when the offense can't score.
Dude I’ve never been sane. I’m sorry to shatter the illusion.

Despite how it looks from the outside, im not terribly emotional about jarry or this penguins team. There’s no reason to be emotionally invested in them, they aren’t going to compete for the cup.

That said, what I am emotionally invested in is stamping out bad takes. Like the other night when HoG said that jarry hadn’t let in a bad goal and that the real problem was that Sid was a turnover machine and the media was covering it up.

I assume people are here to discuss hockey. Then discuss hockey. But stop with the insane “jarry, who has had a sub 900 sv% in half of his games, has never let in a bad goal” and “our best player is actually our worst” nonsense, as well as the 5g chip level “big media is covering for Sid” crackpot takes.

Also, all of this started out months ago with me basically saying Jarry is average or below average. When people defend him against that, I’m gonna let them know that there are assisted living facilities for people with their ailments.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Dude I’ve never been sane. I’m sorry to shatter the illusion.

Despite how it looks from the outside, im not terribly emotional about jarry or this penguins team. There’s no reason to be emotionally invested in them, they aren’t going to compete for the cup.

That said, what I am emotionally invested in is stamping out bad takes. Like the other night when HoG said that jarry hadn’t let in a bad goal and that the real problem was that Sid was a turnover machine and the media was covering it up.

I assume people are here to discuss hockey. Then discuss hockey. But stop with the insane “jarry, who has had a sub 900 sv% in half of his games, has never let in a bad goal” and “our best player is actually our worst” nonsense, as well as the 5g chip level “big media is covering for Sid” crackpot takes.

Also, all of this started out months ago with me basically saying Jarry is average or below average. When people defend him against that, I’m gonna let them know that there are assisted living facilities for people with their ailments.

What goalies have .900 save percentages in their bad games?

I thought like anything else save percentage was a distribution game by game that averages out at the total. .860, .950, .800, .930, .930 again, etc. Is Jarry's standard deviation really higher than others, and how much does it truly matter?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
What goalies have .900 save percentages in their bad games?

I thought like anything else save percentage was a distribution game by game that averages out at the total. .860, .950, .800, .930, .930 again, etc. Is Jarry's standard deviation really higher than others, and how much does it truly matter?
Read the last paragraph again.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
So people have bad takes about Sid and you are trying to counter this with even worse takes about Jarry? Whatever rocks your boat I guess, Mr Edgelord.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
So people have bad takes about Sid and you are trying to counter this with even worse takes about Jarry? Whatever rocks your boat I guess, Mr Edgelord.
She wasn’t that good, either. Your sister’s dog was better.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Me right now:

1704818483709.png

Thought Geno and DOC were tremendous. L3 looked good too, with Smith and Puustinen.

Reactions: vodeni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad