Crosby is a generational regular season player

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
You said Malkin carried the team.

Not that he was making a difference. That he carried the team. This sounds more like you backpedaling.

I would say 3 points in 1.5 games is certainly carrying the team (even more so given the low scores in those games). Especially considering he sent one game to OT and then created the GWG in the next game...all while Crosby was out.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Because people can't make inflammatory threads/posts if they had to use logic and reason, that's why.

It's just maddening. I sit here, a Flyers fan who is designed to hate Sid's face, but all I can do is be baffled by how ridiculous people are being.

There's no point in challenging his greatness at this point; it's like trying to find a flaw in Tom Brady's game. There's ZERO point to disparage him...he's a beast.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I would say 3 points in 1.5 games is certainly carrying the team (even more so given the low scores in those games). Especially considering he sent one game to OT and then created the GWG in the next game...all while Crosby was out.

So he "carried" the team for 1.5 games. That's your argument here. That huuuuuge sample size of time that Crosby was out for the playoffs.

To call that a reach would be understating it.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Even if it is incorrect forsberg definitelt took morw abuse than golden boy crosby. Kings played forsberg so hard in 2001 playoffs that he ruptured his spleen
You don't like Crosby its obvious and believe he's overrated and that's okay to feel that way others feel differently about Crosby and do believe he is an all time great . Generational Is reserved for players like Richard ,Howe , Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux , Does Crosby make that list ? If not he's closer to that list than any other player who's currently playing .

Last edited:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
There is a gap? Crosby would never survive the abuse forsberg got in clutch and grab era

I really feel like we must watch a different player, because Crosby is a player I have zero doubt would continue to excel in that environment. The combination of his strength and skill seems ideally suited to that environment.

If you were talking about McDavid, I'd concede the point. At least at this stage in his career. I see McDavid as a player who relies too much on his speed right now, and I think that would hurt him. He's also a player who I expect to improve in that regards, so it's still early. But Crosby? Come on, man. His game is built for that.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I really feel like we must watch a different player, because Crosby is a player I have zero doubt would continue to excel in that environment. The combination of his strength and skill seems ideally suited to that environment.

It's a stupid concept anyways. Do we have to measure all players against how they would do in the DPE before rating them all-time?

It is a meaningless claim made when a poster has nothing substantial to make an argument.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It's a stupid concept anyways. Do we have to measure all players against how they would do in the DPE before rating them all-time?

It is a meaningless claim made when a poster has nothing substantial to make an argument.

Fair point. I watched both players. Forsberg was a joy to watch. I'd still take Crosby.

I also think it could benefit a player like Crosby to play in a non-capped league, because Pittsburgh would be out of their minds not to spend to excess to surround him(and Malkin) with as much talent as they can get. Pittsburgh has to be careful with how they spread out their talent currently.

When you're on one of those powerhouse teams, in an uncapped league, you are definitely in a situation where you can feast on the lesser teams who lack the finances to spend as much.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Yeah the third player in league history to win b2b Pmvp and in addition to that has 27 and 31 point playoffs is only a reg season player...

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
So he "carried" the team for 1.5 games. That's your argument here. That huuuuuge sample size of time that Crosby was out for the playoffs.

To call that a reach would be understating it.

My argument is that Malkin led the playoffs in scoring, played extra physical playoff hockey that would be lauded to no end if somebody like Toews were to have pulled it off, and outscored the Smythe winner in both goals and points (with less icetime to boot). I'm too lazy to double check, but it was posted last playoffs that the bolded had only happened once in the last 30+ years where a player on the winning team managed to do that and still lost out on the Smythe to another forward.

Stepping up while the team needed him to at a critical juncture in the WSH series was a cherry on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad