Crosby is a generational regular season player

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
[mod]

Malkin was better last year IMO and carried the team when Crosby missed time. Crosby was still quite good though. The year before was also a surprise win for Crosby.
Crosby missed one game and Malkin had one assist in that game. What are you even talking about?

Crosby was clearly better than Malkin and there's a reason the vast majority of the voters thought so, as well.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Crosby missed one game and Malkin had one assist in that game. What are you even talking about?

A primary assist on the game winner in a series that went the full 7 games is clearly making a difference (hint: without it, Pens don't win the series). As did Malkin's 2 points in the game that Crosby went down.

Crosby was clearly better than Malkin and there's a reason the vast majority of the voters thought so, as well.

Oh, there's a reason alright. :laugh:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
A primary assist on the game winner in a series that went the full 7 games is clearly making a difference (hint: without it, Pens don't win the series). As did Malkin's 2 points in the game that Crosby went down.

If primary points are so important, how can you say Malkin was better when he far more 2nd assists?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Another awful thread.

Posters who would vote strictly on points in the playoffs each year clearly miss the point over a team sport... Crosby was easily the best player in the 2017 playoffs (any team), and arguably the best in 2016 - but that one was more difficult as the Penguins played some of the most complete team-hockey I've ever witnessed in 2016. Hornqvist was blocking shots with his head, Cole was playing like a 7M defensemen, Schultz was playing like his hyped up college days, our third line full of top 6 guys were making other third lines look awful - that playoffs got people confused.

As has been stated he's won it all, highest PPG in the playoffs of any active player - and the humility and leadership he's displayed with age (remember he's 30) is unrivaled. I suppose people are just mad about his ranting on Twitter and unsavory pictures on Facebook and Instagram. Plus the fact he dates that hollywood bimbo, has a hipster haircut, and attends all these random events looking for publicity and stardom. Easy to see how he can be hated when you consider those facts. Maybe the guy should spend more time practicing hockey in the off season and stop trying to trample on all these past generations of hockey players who drank beer in the off season, did blow during the season, and danced around poles of defensemen without being slashed or cross checked in the head.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

You said Malkin carried the team.

Not that he was making a difference. That he carried the team. This sounds more like you backpedaling.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This is just...what? Is that your definition of what a generational talent is? If it is, are these "Generational" as well in your opinion?

I dunno. Did all those players play in one of the lowest scoring eras in NHL history, as the poster was very clear about stipulating?

f9e.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Whats your obsession with that term? Yes, hes one of the best players today, but I'm guessing your list of "generational" players dont include the likes of Jagr, Hasek, Lidström. Why is his PPG, for example, more impressive than Forsbergs? He played in a harder era as well.

Lidstrom doesn't have numbers. Jagr doesn't have near the same playoff success. Crosby played a greater portion of his career in a lower-scoring era than Forsberg.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
OP's premise is bizarre. I could have sworn that Crosby had 2 Conn Smythe Trophies.... if he isn't a generational playoffs player as well, then I don't know who is.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Lidstrom doesn't have numbers. Jagr doesn't have near the same playoff success. Crosby played a greater portion of his career in a lower-scoring era than Forsberg.
Forsberg played his prime in the first DPE.

I would defnitely put forsberg above crosby in terms of allaround game

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
What's even the point of making a distinction?

Dude wins all the time, scores and is really clutch. He's a generational player and leave it at that.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
There is a gap? Crosby would never survive the abuse forsberg got in clutch and grab era

FFS, thought you actually were going to provide some insightful comments. We get it, all DPE players are superior to players from any other era.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

This is how it looked in year 2000.

Do you not watch any games nowadays? That's the type of stuff Crosby deals with every game. That's the type of stuff McDavid deals with every game.

I thought you'd at least post a video of something really over the top. Instead, you posted a video of basically the treatment all star players get on a nightly basis.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Do you not watch any games nowadays? That's the type of stuff Crosby deals with every game. That's the type of stuff McDavid deals with every game.

I thought you'd at least post a video of something really over the top. Instead, you posted a video of basically the treatment all star players get on a nightly basis.

Lol it even close. The refs call much more PP now than in the grab and clutch era.

Forsberg is one of the most complete players i ever seen. I take him above crosby for sure.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Generational Player ?? What is a generational player the term is so over used now it holds no value anymore .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad