Crosby is a generational regular season player

Status
Not open for further replies.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Crosby has reached this status through his consistency. Can it be said he is a generational player altogether when he hasn't lead his team in scoring in the playoffs when they won it all? Has this happened to other generational players in the forward category?

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
sure he had good help in his accomplishments, i guess u can use that argument in certain head to head comparisons. at this point though he won everything along with great output in regular and post season. his career is like a disney story... early hickups with injurys but he got over that and dominated. bottom line, he did everything that was expected of him and more.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Okay, he's better in the regular season than he is in the playoffs. He's still outstanding in the playoffs though.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm not sure we've rehashed "generational" in enough BS forms this month, how about a few more?

maybe andy andreoff is a generational player on tuesday afternoon games where he had chicken and rice for lunch

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Crosby has been the best player on his team in the last two Stanley Cup runs. There's more to measuring a player's worth than points.

I'm not sure how anyone who watched last year's playoffs could say Malkin was better than Crosby. There was a reason Crosby won the award handily and it's not because of any tin-foil hat xenophobic media bias.

Reactions: TeeTee

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
i'm not sure we've rehashed "generational" in enough BS forms this month, how about a few more?

maybe andy andreoff is a generational player on tuesday afternoon games where he had chicken and rice for lunch

This is a generational post.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Crosby has reached this status through his consistency. Can it be said he is a generational player altogether when he hasn't lead his team in scoring in the playoffs when they won it all? Has this happened to other generational players in the forward category?

106yrgg.jpg

2yjqb2g.jpg

U wot m8?

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
The term generational has been abused here so much that it's now being used as a slight to argue why a player isn't ''generational'' in every aspect of the game.
That word should just be censored so the drivel will stop.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad