Crosby has 4 goals in his last 27 games. Is he still hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He's killing me in my pool.

there is a statment you never hear about Sid.

And really...2nd in points is killing you? Maybe you need to draft better than just #1 overall...Edmonton. :sarcasm:

Anyways...Sid will be fine. That is what makes him so good is that he never has a "REALLY down" year like Getzlaf did, like Ovie did, etc...

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Or ignore the fact that I said he's on pace for a very similar season to last season, there really isn't an issue with his production/scoring like people on here seem to think.

He's on pace for 27 goals and 106 points, last season he had 36 goals and 104 points in 80 games, and he's on pace for more PP points than last season. There is no issue.

Since his 5 point outing against the Sabres he's got 2 goals, 9 assists for 11 points in his last 14 games. And that includes a stretch where he had 7 points in 3 games. He's been held without a point in 8 of his last 15 games.

I'd certainly say that he's in a slump at the very least.

penguins2946*

there is a statment you never hear about Sid.

And really...2nd in points is killing you? Maybe you need to draft better than just #1 overall...Edmonton. :sarcasm:

Anyways...Sid will be fine. That is what makes him so good is that he never has a "REALLY down" year like Getzlaf did, like Ovie did, etc...

I find it funny how so many people are acting like Crosby is having some sort of terrible season, but he still has the highest PPG in the league while playing with 3rd/4th liners like Spaling and Downie on his line for a good chunk of the year. I wonder how many points Crosby would have if he was on a line with Benn and Spezza.

He's in a slump right now, but he'll get out of it eventually. He'll get back on track once Kunitz and Hornqvist get back and if the refs start finally calling some penalties on the other teams.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I dont think he was the player he used to be. He is still the greatest player in the game but he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire anymore.

I noticed it last playoffs.

So you're telling me Crosby is aging too ?

c0ec5bfa2aba72206aad7b831f85a896814c401b68267d90373c4040bd96bc33.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I find it funny how so many people are acting like Crosby is having some sort of terrible season, but he still has the highest PPG in the league while playing with 3rd/4th liners like Spaling and Downie on his line for a good chunk of the year. I wonder how many points Crosby would have if he was on a line with Benn and Spezza.

He's in a slump right now, but he'll get out of it eventually. He'll get back on track once Kunitz and Hornqvist get back and if the refs start finally calling some penalties on the other teams.

Yup...people complaining about Sid should stop.

As stated by others...he is on pace for the same points as last year...it's just right now some others are playing above their usual rate. Sid will end up wil 100-115 points and the world will go on.

Seguin is playing like a guy possessed...and is 1 point ahead of Sid in 1 more game. If we skip thru to the end of the season, you will see the usual guys there(assuming no injuries):Sid, Malkin, Getzlaf, Giroux, Stamkos, Kessel and then Seguin and Tavares should soon be mainstays in the top scorers group going forward. Then there might be a few guys having career years to jump into the top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
It's basically like this...

Malkin has Comeau and Crosby doesn't.

/ thread.

Seriously, stop with this and admit Geno is currently playing better, exactly like Sid was playing better in 2010 for example.
The linemates excuse is getting boring, especially considering Sid has had overall the better linemates this season.

I love how when Geno's linemates are shining, they suddenly become better than Sid's linemates.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
he is on track to have the lowest shot total of his career too. passing is easier on the wrist than shooting, which made me wonder if he is still hurt, or if the guy just is a upper 20 - low 30 goal scorer at best

Not that I'm a [mod] fan, but he averages 35ish goals a season. I don't see how after 30 games you could think this is his ceiling when a much larger sample size says otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
their top-6 is a joke, Crosby is doing amazing job still with the kind of linemates he is playing with, Pens are not a very good team, it is just Crosby and Malkin names still make people think that the Pens are the powerhouse of the East, if you watch the games you will see that this is not the case.

Tons of PPs every game at the start of the season was a big factor why Pens still have a good record, despite the record Pens don't dominate anybody 5on5 and with very few PPs they are getting lately just watch how Pens will be losing a lot more games down the stretch and slide down in the standings, let's talk in another 4 weeks

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm just going to come out and say it - he looks unmotivated.

I'm a huge Crosby fan, and I am always rooting for him, but he just doesn't seem to care right now. I'm not sure if it's personal issues, coaching issues, management, team structure, whatever. Something is up.

jack mullet

@jackmullethockey
Nov 13, 2012
Baxter, MN
www.youtube.com
the main issue i was worried about was his wrist. he isn't shooting the puck as much and his goal production is way down. he is not on a similar pace as years past. if you prorated his 2 goals in 19 games over an 82 game season, the guy is like a 9 goal scorer.
i think shooting is harder on the wrist than passing, which made me wonder if he could still be feeling the affects of the wrist injury.
an injury is more plausible than the "refs won't give us powerplays" scenario

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
the main issue i was worried about was his wrist. he isn't shooting the puck as much and his goal production is way down. he is not on a similar pace as years past. if you prorated his 2 goals in 19 games over an 82 game season, the guy is like a 9 goal scorer.
i think shooting is harder on the wrist than passing, which made me wonder if he could still be feeling the affects of the wrist injury.
an injury is more plausible than the "refs won't give us powerplays" scenario

Yet he's still on pace for his average. I can look at any player in a slump and prorate their production over that period and of course it will look abysmal. You're making something of nothing. Bump this in April, I'd bet my house that he has 30 goals.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Or ignore the fact that I said he's on pace for a very similar season to last season, there really isn't an issue with his production/scoring like people on here seem to think.

He's on pace for 27 goals and 106 points, last season he had 36 goals and 104 points in 80 games, and he's on pace for more PP points than last season. There is no issue.

You could have made that point and still left out the ridiculous Gretzky comparison. Christ, I'm surprised people don't compare Crosby to Gretzky for the way he brushes his teeth...

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
He just is streaky like many other players. People tend to look at Crosby only during his best streaks when judging him as player. I guess in part because he has often gotten seriously injured coming off of his best play, but when you look at his career as a whole he is at his normal pace right now.

The only full season where he put up above 110 points was 06-07; a high scoring season in which you had 7 players over 100 points. Crosby also only had 1 season where he is above 40 goals. (09-10). The fact is that Crosby does not consistently perform miles ahead of the rest of league as many think.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Since his 5 point outing against the Sabres he's got 2 goals, 9 assists for 11 points in his last 14 games. And that includes a stretch where he had 7 points in 3 games. He's been held without a point in 8 of his last 15 games.

I'd certainly say that he's in a slump at the very least.

So, Crosby can never go on a slump? He's not going to consistently score in every game in every season of his career. In the end he will still end up in the 100-120 point range.

jack mullet

@jackmullethockey
Nov 13, 2012
Baxter, MN
www.youtube.com
Yet he's still on pace for his average. I can look at any player in a slump and prorate their production over that period and of course it will look abysmal. You're making something of nothing. Bump this in April, I'd bet my house that he has 30 goals.

thats a risky bet. he need to average .38 goals per game and play in all of the Penguins remaining 55 games (he has never played a full 82 game season). his career average GPG is .45, so it isn't really a lock.

side note - 2 goals in 19 games for the "best player in the world" is nothing?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You could have made that point and still left out the ridiculous Gretzky comparison. Christ, I'm surprised people don't compare Crosby to Gretzky for the way he brushes his teeth...

All the people complaining about his production are indirectly comparing him to those players because they want his production to be where they would be in today's NHL, they just don't have the balls to come out and make the comparison.

People have convinced themselves that he should score 40-60 goals and get 130+ points in a season. Crosby is a fantastic player, but he's not going to consistently put up those seasons.

penguins2946*

their top-6 is a joke, Crosby is doing amazing job still with the kind of linemates he is playing with, Pens are not a very good team, it is just Crosby and Malkin names still make people think that the Pens are the powerhouse of the East, if you watch the games you will see that this is not the case.

Tons of PPs every game at the start of the season was a big factor why Pens still have a good record, despite the record Pens don't dominate anybody 5on5 and with very few PPs they are getting lately just watch how Pens will be losing a lot more games down the stretch and slide down in the standings, let's talk in another 4 weeks

The Pens are 8-3-2 in their last 13 (after starting 10-3-1 in their first 14), and they've gotten less than 2 PPs/game in their last 13 games. All of which while missing a lot of players due to injury. But yes, continue talking about how the Pens are going to be sliding down the standings.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012

Well, i'm pretty sure we have the most wins in the east over the past few seasons so i'm not sure how you could back up your statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad