Crosby has 4 goals in his last 27 games. Is he still hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Crosby's been off this year in more than just goals. 2 points in his last 5 games. Hoping he gets it together soon.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
- Spaling & Downie.

- Also, "No PPs for you anymore, Pittsburgh Penguins".

- Slump as well, especially in terms of finishing. The effort is definitely there most of the time.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
No. He's missed 3 or 4 empty nets, had some nice shots that were saved and is playing with garbage players who can't make a decent pass.

Also, the refs cut the Pens PP opportunities in half 15 games ago, which isn't helping both on a lack of PP chances and an increase in obstruction on 5v5.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
That said, no he´s not hurt, I don´t think so. His wingers are Spaling & Downie now. Even when he has Hornqvist (once he´s healthy), it would be difficult to score because as good as Hornqvist is, he is not a great passer either.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I dont think he was the player he used to be. He is still the greatest player in the game but he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire anymore.

I noticed it last playoffs.

penguins2946*

Crosby has been slumping ever since the refs decided to stop giving the Pens PPs and when injuries started piling up. He's snake bit right now, he'll snap out of it eventually.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I dont think he was the player he used to be. He is still the greatest player in the game but he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire anymore.

I noticed it last playoffs.
When he was playing with broken wrist? That said, you might be partially right, pre-concussion scoring Crosby was the level he will never reach again.

------------------------------------------

On the other hand, Pens are leading the league in points percentage despite multiple injuries, refs not giving them PPs and Crosby not scoring. Isn´t that awesome?

jack mullet

@jackmullethockey
Nov 13, 2012
Baxter, MN
www.youtube.com
When he was playing with broken wrist? That said, you might be partially right, pre-concussion scoring Crosby was the level he will never reach again.

On the other hand, Pens are leading the league in points percentage despite multiple injuries, refs not giving them PPs and Crosby not scoring. Isn´t that awesome?

Malkin

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's on pace for a similar year to last season, he's just not Gretzky, no matter how much people want him to be or think he is.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa

I believe I am right. Not partially right. However, the reasoning has nothing to do with his wrists. Its his noggin. You said it yourself, its the concussions.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah and he will very probably stay like that, unlike the other things mentioned there. Crosby will eventually start scoring again, Pens will eventually start getting some PP time and those injuries are already coming to an end with Hornqvist and Letang likely for next game and Bennett & Kunitz coming back soon, too ;)

penguins2946*

I believe I am right. Not partially right. However, the reasoning has nothing to do with his wrists. Its his noggin. You said it yourself, its the concussions.

Crosby had 1 minor concussion. People like to ignore that fact. The reason Crosby today isn't as good as Crosby in 10-11 is because he's a lot more conservative due to his injuries.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
There's always one guy who makes sure everyone knows he's not Gretzky, without the conversation every having been there in the first place...

He also plays in a different era with a lot less scoring. I am sure even the Great One would not be putting up 200 point seasons these days.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa

His concussion was minor. What kept him out 10 months was a lingering stress fracture in his neck that caused the same symptoms of a concussion. Probably hundreds of thousands spent on doctor visits, and it was his first visit to a new doctor 9 months after it happened that it was found. Really is a shame...

It's no coincidence that he returned to play fully like 2 weeks after he got the fluid drained in his neck and began treatments for that. I thought this was widely known?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
On top of some of the other reasons mentioned such as poor wingers and refs, Crosby just defers too often to players he has no business deferring to. Not sure if it's lack of confidence in his shot, or maybe he's trying to hard to be a team player. Malkin is dealing with the same issues as far as wingers and officiating go, but he's crashing the net hard and isn't deferring to lesser players.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There's always one guy who makes sure everyone knows he's not Gretzky, without the conversation every having been there in the first place...

Or ignore the fact that I said he's on pace for a very similar season to last season, there really isn't an issue with his production/scoring like people on here seem to think.

He's on pace for 27 goals and 106 points, last season he had 36 goals and 104 points in 80 games, and he's on pace for more PP points than last season. There is no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad