Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Good: Umar Akmal

Bad: Tanvir

Ugly: No Aamir Yamin. Dude just posted 4/5 figures in a domestic match today and he can hit hard.

Really like him, eh?

Wonder who sits from the 15, at least to start. I'm guessing Saad Nasim, Ruman Raees (played really well in PSL), Nawaz and Tanvir.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Really like him, eh?

Wonder who sits from the 15, at least to start. I'm guessing Saad Nasim, Ruman Raees (played really well in PSL), Nawaz and Tanvir.

I've watched Yamin play a couple times, dude is a talent. Not sure why he was even dropped in the first place.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The PCB is 'mulling Afridi's request for farewell T20s versus WI'. The matches start in 10 days. Ugh.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Destroyed the current T20 World Champs. Sarfraz for Prime Minister.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Pakistan dominating. What's sad is even a 3-0 whitewash of the champs will still leave us at 7th place in the rankings. Afridi did too much damage.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hasan Ali with horrendous bowling even though he took 3 wickets. Just shoddy line and length. Amir will be back in for him next match, I think.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
First ODI Hundred for my favourite player, Babar Azam. Hopefully many more will follow.

And he's still so young and technically sound beyond his years. I don't know how old you are, RWB, but he reminds me of Saeed Anwar - Just knows where to place the ball at all times. Fantastic to watch. I have high hopes for him.

Areas of improvement definitely include Umar Akmal in at 4 instead of Shoaib Malik. Rizwan needs to learn how to run between wickets.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
And he's still so young and technically sound beyond his years. I don't know how old you are, RWB, but he reminds me of Saeed Anwar - Just knows where to place the ball at all times. Fantastic to watch. I have high hopes for him.

Areas of improvement definitely include Umar Akmal in at 4 instead of Shoaib Malik. Rizwan needs to learn how to run between wickets.

I feel like Babar is everything Umar should've been. He doesn't have Umar's 6-hitting ability but that's a blessing in disguise. He knows his limitations and limits his aerial shots.

That was Umar's downfall. He knew he had the shots but didn't know when to use them. I still think Umar can turn it around, however.

It would be pretty cool to see the cousins, Babar and Umar, batting at #3 and #4.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I feel like Babar is everything Umar should've been. He doesn't have Umar's 6-hitting ability but that's a blessing in disguise. He knows his limitations and limits his aerial shots.

That was Umar's downfall. He knew he had the shots but didn't know when to use them. I still think Umar can turn it around, however.

It would be pretty cool to see the cousins, Babar and Umar, batting at #3 and #4.

I think Umar will be in tomorrow. Mickey doesn't mess around when it comes to this stuff. Umar was supposed to be Pakistan's answer to Kohli. A generational batsman but Umar Akmal's biggest hype man was Umar Akmal. He thought that he would have an easy path in and any time he messed up, they'd just be fine with it. I hope his time away from the team helped him understand that he needs to be better. He has barely had a chance to bat this series so far so I hope to see him at least once this series.

Talking about amazing batsmen, Sami Aslam is 140 not out in a 3 day FC match right now for the Lahore Whites while no one else has scored over 31. Hope to see him back soon.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I think Umar will be in tomorrow. Mickey doesn't mess around when it comes to this stuff. Umar was supposed to be Pakistan's answer to Kohli. A generational batsman but Umar Akmal's biggest hype man was Umar Akmal. He thought that he would have an easy path in and any time he messed up, they'd just be fine with it. I hope his time away from the team helped him understand that he needs to be better. He has barely had a chance to bat this series so far so I hope to see him at least once this series.

Talking about amazing batsmen, Sami Aslam is 140 not out in a 3 day FC match right now for the Lahore Whites while no one else has scored over 31. Hope to see him back soon.

I'm pretty sure he'll open against WI in tests.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Azhar dropped a sitter. Can't score, can't run, can't field. What does he do???

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Azhar dropped a sitter. Can't score, can't run, can't field. What does he do???

Have you been following Pakistan A's tour of Zimbabwe? Fakhar Zaman scored 180 in one of the games, I would love him as opener. Also, a spinner named Asghar has been really good. My ideal ODI XI, after watching this series:

Fakhar
Sharjeel
Babar
Malik (not a long term option but he's earned it)
Sarfraz (C)
Akmal (Rizwan is good but we need a hitter)
Imad
Nawaz/Yamin (depending on conditions and who's in form)
Amir
Hasan Ali
Wahab/Asghar (again, depending on conditions)

Sadly, Azhar won't be sacked, especially after winning this series.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Have you been following Pakistan A's tour of Zimbabwe? Fakhar Zaman scored 180 in one of the games, I would love him as opener. Also, a spinner named Asghar has been really good. My ideal ODI XI, after watching this series:

Fakhar
Sharjeel
Babar
Malik (not a long term option but he's earned it)
Sarfraz (C)
Akmal (Rizwan is good but we need a hitter)
Imad
Nawaz/Yamin (depending on conditions and who's in form)
Amir
Hasan Ali
Wahab/Asghar (again, depending on conditions)

Sadly, Azhar won't be sacked, especially after winning this series.

Fakhar and Fawad need to be in this team. Umar Akmal should slide in to see what he's doing. Asghar bowled very well in PSL and currently in the A team. That's where they found Nawaz as well. There's another kid, Zia Ul-Haq who's a talented spinner as well.

Azhar had little to do with the success of this team this series but alas, they'll probably keep him around.

India takes back the number 1 test ranking. Absolute domination of New Zealand.

NZ looks way out of their element. Pretty pathetic on their behalf.

What's going on with Kohli? Not batting so well in recent times.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Babar is an absolute animal. Haven't seen such fluid batting from a Pakistani batting in a decade. Joins some elite company in Saeed Anwar and Zaheer Abbas as the only Pakistanis to have 3 centuries in a row.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Younis Khan will miss the first test. Good opportunity for Babar Azam to be introduced to the test team.

Dengue is horrendous. My aunt got it and it was just terrible.

Babar should seize this chance.

15 man Squad announced. Hafeez and Shan Masood out. Yay.

Last edited:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Dengue is horrendous. My aunt got it and it was just terrible.

Babar should seize this chance.

15 man Squad announced. Hafeez and Shan Masood out. Yay.

It's actually a very good squad. Only thing I don't like is Zulfiqar Babar. Oh well.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Virat Kohli becomes the first captain in India's Test history to score 2 double-centuries and he does it in the same year.

That track looks like a bomb site. Must have been a challenging double. Good for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad