Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hurt, what is your ideal XI? Here is mine:

Sharjeel
Aslam
Umar Akmal
Babar
Malik
Sarfraz (Captain)
Yamin
Nawaz
Amir
Wahab
Yasir Shah/Sohail Khan (depending on conditions)

Ideally a better all-rounder in place of Nawaz but I'm not sure who. Maybe a young player?

Good question:

Sami Aslam
Babar Azam
Fawad Alam
Umar Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Sarfraz Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Mohammad Nawaz
Sohail Khan/Junaid Khan
Wahab
Amir

I would love them to try guys like Fakhar Zaman and bring back Haris Sohail when he's healthy. Good mix of power, technical ability, spin and pace.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Good question:

Sami Aslam
Babar Azam
Fawad Alam
Umar Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Sarfraz Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Mohammad Nawaz

Sohail Khan/Junaid Khan
Wahab
Amir

I would love them to try guys like Fakhar Zaman and bring back Haris Sohail when he's healthy. Good mix of power, technical ability, spin and pace.

Babar Azam: He's been doing really well at the #4 spot and I think we shouldn't move him around too much like we did to Umar akmal.

Fawad Alam: Good choice but sadly PCB has ignored the guy.

Imad/Nawaz: These two are basically the same player, we need to choose one in the XI. Both of them also lack some power.

What are your thoughts on Sharjeel? Personally I don't think he's a good long-term option but at least he's better than the likes of Shehzad.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Babar Azam: He's been doing really well at the #4 spot and I think we shouldn't move him around too much like we did to Umar akmal.

Fawad Alam: Good choice but sadly PCB has ignored the guy.

Imad/Nawaz: These two are basically the same player, we need to choose one in the XI. Both of them also lack some power.

What are your thoughts on Sharjeel? Personally I don't think he's a good long-term option but at least he's better than the likes of Shehzad.

I agree with your assessment of Babar. I'm not sure who to pair with Sami to open.

I think Sharjeel is a minnow stomper. There's no middle ground with him either as he will either smash it or get out quick.

If we could somehow clone Saeed Anwar...

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Did Smith leave on his own accord or get sent back by CA?

Hoping Pakistan puts up a better fight tomorrow.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Incredible T20 between India and West Indies in Florida today. Dhoni is washed up, and with Rahul playing so well, unnecessary. Make Kohli all-forms captain (although he's sucking right now too).

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Incredible T20 between India and West Indies in Florida today. Dhoni is washed up, and with Rahul playing so well, unnecessary. Make Kohli all-forms captain (although he's sucking right now too).

India put up a good fight. Very intense.

Pakistan with another terrible performance. Azhar Ali has got to go.

Agreed. Sarfraz should be captain. Yasir isn't great in limited overs. Top order collapses make me sick.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Our limited overs team makes me so sad.

Negatives:

Sharjeel needs to be gone

Azhar should be stripped of 'kaptaan'cy

Nawaz needs more seasoning.

Shoaib has to be more effective with the ball if he is going to continue on this team. Azhar didn't utilize him well at all.

Guldozer isn't what he used to be at all and there are a million bowling options available.

Irfan's career is done, I bet.

Sami wasn't at his best in this series but I think he is the future opener of this team.

Babar always starts well but needs to convert those 30s in to 50+ scores. He really was showing his Akmal relationship this series with those scores though: Extremely talented but just didn't convert. With that said, he is still very young and will be part of the core for many many years.

Positives:

Sarfraz is amazing. I really think he'll go down as one of the top Pakistani wicketkeepers, if not the best, when he has completed his career.

Imad is a stud. Bowls really well, bats very well and could probably be brought up a spot or two. He's being groomed to be captain at some point. I have a feeling.

Amir was fantastic as usual so it was good to see people actually hold on to his catches.

Hasan Ali has been a nice little find.

People that NEED to be looked at and brought in gradually:

Fawad Alam. Oh my goodness. This team can't bat and wants someone who is a part time spinner? He has the best first class record in the country and has averaged over 40 in ODIs and Tests in his career! There's definitely a conspiracy against him. He should be on both Test and ODI teams.

Fakhar Zaman. Again, can bat and bowl. Strong limited overs guy right here.

Haris Sohail. Just seems to have disappeared. Was doing fantastically in his career and a knee injury has sidelined him for over a year. Last piece of news was in April with him saying he'll be back 'soon'. If he's healthy, he should be in.

Zafar Gohar. Handy young player who could be the next Ajmal without the finicky action.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I really think we should bring back Umar Akmal. The dude is easily the most talented batsman in the country. Also I'm a huge fan of Aamir Yamin. He's a very talented all-rounder who can hit big.

Agreed with everything you said, Hurt, except I'm not a big fan of Fawad Alam. Yes his stats are good but if you actually watch him play, his technique is iffy. He also lacks a power game so he needs to play between 3-5. Unfortunately Babar, Sarfraz, Umar Akmal and Rizwan are all better options for those slots.

After the result of this series, this would be my realistic team against WI:

Sharjeel
Azhar (he ain't going anywhere, sadly)
Babar
Sarfraz
Malik (has bought himself time after today's game)
Rizwan
Imad
Yamin
Amir
Hasan Ali
Zafar Gohar

I would prefer Fakhar over Azhar, and Umar Akmal instead of Malik (Umar #3, move everyone else down).

I hope Hafeez/Wahab/Gul never play an ODI for Pakistan ever again. What's 0/110 game was the last straw. Also, no matter how bad Sharjeel/Azhar/Sami/Fakhar perform, DO NOT bring back Ahmed Shehzad. His S/R in ODIs is worse than both Azhar and Misbah. That's pathetic.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I really think we should bring back Umar Akmal. The dude is easily the most talented batsman in the country. Also I'm a huge fan of Aamir Yamin. He's a very talented all-rounder who can hit big.

Agreed with everything you said, Hurt, except I'm not a big fan of Fawad Alam. Yes his stats are good but if you actually watch him play, his technique is iffy. He also lacks a power game so he needs to play between 3-5. Unfortunately Babar, Sarfraz, Umar Akmal and Rizwan are all better options for those slots.

After the result of this series, this would be my realistic team against WI:

Sharjeel
Azhar (he ain't going anywhere, sadly)
Babar
Sarfraz
Malik (has bought himself time after today's game)
Rizwan
Imad
Yamin
Amir
Hasan Ali
Zafar Gohar

I would prefer Fakhar over Azhar, and Umar Akmal instead of Malik (Umar #3, move everyone else down).

I hope Hafeez/Wahab/Gul never play an ODI for Pakistan ever again. What's 0/110 game was the last straw. Also, no matter how bad Sharjeel/Azhar/Sami/Fakhar perform, DO NOT bring back Ahmed Shehzad. His S/R in ODIs is worse than both Azhar and Misbah. That's pathetic.

I think we could do well with bringing Umar Akmal as well. Kind of like a 'last chance' deal. Very talented but an idiot.

I wouldn't worry too much about Fawad's technique. He always finds ways to score and that's what we need. Our ODI team has such a huge dot ball percentage that it's actually stupid in 2016.

I really don't like Sharjeel. Guy is the definition of a minnow stomper.

Ahmed Shehzad was on the cover of Dawn Sports today. He was 'extremely upset' after hearing that he was axed from the T20 team:

Ahmed Shehzad broke down and decided to return home to Lahore from the ongoing National T20 Cup after learning that he was not in the Pakistan squad announced for the lone T20 match against England in Manchester on Sept 7.

According to his team-mates, Shehzad who was leading the Lahore Blues side in the national event’s first leg in Rawalpindi was heartbroken after learning he was not included for the international match.

What a primadonna.

Also, WI has announced their rosters for the ODI and T20 series in October/November.

I was hoping to make it to Lahore in February for PSL matches but will be in Karachi in December.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I think we could do well with bringing Umar Akmal as well. Kind of like a 'last chance' deal. Very talented but an idiot.

I wouldn't worry too much about Fawad's technique. He always finds ways to score and that's what we need. Our ODI team has such a huge dot ball percentage that it's actually stupid in 2016.

I really don't like Sharjeel. Guy is the definition of a minnow stomper.

Ahmed Shehzad was on the cover of Dawn Sports today. He was 'extremely upset' after hearing that he was axed from the T20 team:

What a primadonna.

Also, WI has announced their rosters for the ODI and T20 series in October/November.

I was hoping to make it to Lahore in February for PSL matches but will be in Karachi in December.

This guy is such a tool. He's derping around scoring 4(19) in a domestic T20: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/1047769.html

Meanwhile Umar is smashing domestic bowlers and actually trying to earn his place in the team. Just scored 115(48): http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/1047785.html

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
This guy is such a tool. He's derping around scoring 4(19) in a domestic T20: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/1047769.html

Meanwhile Umar is smashing domestic bowlers and actually trying to earn his place in the team. Just scored 115(48): http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/1047785.html

Players have gotten cut off for much less than Ahmed Shehzad's antics. Glad someone is putting the foot down on him.

I wonder if there is still a bias against Karachi players in the PCB.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Are these England T20 jerseys a breast cancer awareness thing or did red jerseys fade from being improperly washed?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Khalid Latif and Sharjeel scoring runs? What type of alternate universe are we in???

Imad Wasim is the next GOAT all rounder. Calling it now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Geez i remember when Umar Akmal was supposed to be the next big thing. Extremely highly regarded going into that tour of Australia some 6-7 years ago.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Geez i remember when Umar Akmal was supposed to be the next big thing. Extremely highly regarded going into that tour of Australia some 6-7 years ago.

He is extremely talented but a huge bellend. With Azhar Ali being removed as captain, Sarfraz will most likely assume the role. He has in the past spoken out in support of giving Umar another chance. I think we'll see him back as soon as the WI series at the end of the month.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
He is extremely talented but a huge bellend. With Azhar Ali being removed as captain, Sarfraz will most likely assume the role. He has in the past spoken out in support of giving Umar another chance. I think we'll see him back as soon as the WI series at the end of the month.

Wait what? Where'd you read this?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Pakistan announced the team for the WI T20 matches:

Sarfaraz Ahmed (captain), Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Muhammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Sohail Tanvir, Muhammad Nawaz, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Saad Nasim, Rumaan Raees

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Pakistan announced the team for the WI T20 matches:

Sarfaraz Ahmed (captain), Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Muhammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Sohail Tanvir, Muhammad Nawaz, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Saad Nasim, Rumaan Raees

Good: Umar Akmal

Bad: Tanvir

Ugly: No Aamir Yamin. Dude just posted 4/5 figures in a domestic match today and he can hit hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad