Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
I'm trying to think of something comparable to India going from a Sachin Tendulkar to a Virat Kohli in other leagues, a legend being succeeded by a future all-time great player in back to back generations.

I guess Lemieux to Crosby in Pittsburgh is comparable? Or Crosby to McDavid in Team Canada? Magic to Kobe in the NBA? There was too long of a gap between Maradonna and Messi, but Ronaldo to Neymar could work. In hockey, the Habs going from Maurice Richard to Jean Beliveau to Guy Lafleur is definitely up there as well.

Any others I may have missed?

If he gets his **** together, Andrew Luck taking over from Peyton Manning could work. Favre to Rodgers too.

India destroys England in the second test after drawing the first. Although for the life of me I have no idea why they didn't enforce the follow-on.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Virat Kohli now averages 50 in all formats of the international game. He led the run scorers list in all formats in 2016, averaging 33 runs higher than the next highest in the top 10.

His 2016:

Format: Matches, Runs, Average

Tests: 11, 1112, 79.42
ODIs: 10, 739, 92.37
T20s: 15, 641, 106.83

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
India wins by an inning and 36 runs. Holy smokes, this series has not been very close. 3 wins by India and 1 draw. One more match left. Having said that, if it wasn't for Kohli and Ashwin, India would be down 4-0. It's (mainly) a two-man team right now.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Winning a test match by an Innings and 75 runs after your opponent scores 477 in their first inning. Talk about a dominant performance by India. Coming into Day 5, I thought it was going to be a draw. Jadeja takes 5 wickets.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Who else is excited for the Champions Trophy tournament next summer?

How I wish I could visit England to watch Team India play.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Impressive batting by Pakistan. Kudos. David Warner is currently at 138 not out with a strike rate of 100. :amazed:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Bangladesh was serving him up some rubbish but the power display from Corey Anderson was great fun to watch.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Bangladesh was serving him up some rubbish but the power display from Corey Anderson was great fun to watch.

There are some players who have inhumane strength, and can hit the living **** out of a cricket ball. Said players are:

1) Chris Gaye
2) Darreny Sammy
3) Keiron Pollard
4) Corey Anderson
5) David Miller
6) Chris Lynn
7) David Warner
8) Glen Maxwell
9) Chris Morris

We bowled and played like trash in all games except one, that we CHOKED away. Its a competition between BD and Pakistan to see who can choke the most in a calender year.

That was a great display of aggressive test batting from Shakib and Mushfiq. NZ were serving up some pies, and Shakib was incredibly lucky (essentially got 4 lives), but the pair did bat very well.

Broke a lot of records for BD and NZ cricket as well. 4th highest partnership in NZ, and the highest by foreign batsmen. There was a link I found that summarized a lot of it..will post if I find it.

Shakib is very deserving of holding the highest score record for BD. Didn't think he'd do it tho, thought his batting days were over :)

Lets see if they can drag this to 600 and go for a win. Test win out of the sub continent would be huge!

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Thought our bowling was pretty toothless but don't want to take away from what I thought was a pretty impressive batting display from Bangladesh. Not only the giant performances Hasan and Rahim, but they got production throughout the order with Iqbal, Haque, Rahman all picking up 50s, very well rounded effort.

Need Kane to be converting more of these starts he's getting into big innings.

Last edited:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Yea, I agree about the bowling. It wasn't very threatening. Its been the same with our bowlers. This pitch is very tough for bowlers. Nothing in it for them so far, with only 14 wickets falling so far in 4 days.

Just as I type this, Latham is gone! YAY!! Very well played innings. Highest score by an NZ opener at the Basin Reserve.

Chance of a result in this match now. If we can take a 150 ish lead, and put up another 150 by lunch tomorrow, it would be an interesting match.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
There is no excuse for Pakistan to lose this match. Fantastic bowling.

On the bright side, Pakistan won and Junaid Khan got a chance to prove that he's a quality bowler. On the sad side, Hafeez is going to take over as captain for a while. UGH.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
On the bright side, Pakistan won and Junaid Khan got a chance to prove that he's a quality bowler. On the sad side, Hafeez is going to take over as captain for a while. UGH.

Khan and Wasim were great. Turning point of this match might have been Smith dropping such an easy catch at second slip in the first or second over.

As for England vs. India, I don't even know what to say. Kohli is clearly not human.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Yea, I agree about the bowling. It wasn't very threatening. Its been the same with our bowlers. This pitch is very tough for bowlers. Nothing in it for them so far, with only 14 wickets falling so far in 4 days.

Just as I type this, Latham is gone! YAY!! Very well played innings. Highest score by an NZ opener at the Basin Reserve.

Chance of a result in this match now. If we can take a 150 ish lead, and put up another 150 by lunch tomorrow, it would be an interesting match.

Well at least you made some history, highest score in an innings in a test match loss :sarcasm:

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Talk to me when you beat someone good. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad