Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
'dat Pakistan collapse :D

To no one's surprise, unfortunately.

I've been going on and on about Sami Aslam for a while now and I'm glad he showed some real skill and courage out there. Babar Azam, Haris Sohail and Fawad Alam should all be finding their way on to this team. Younis' time is up and Hafeez is just terrible.

I had the thread stickied. You're welcome, all! :P

Last edited:

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
If Ashwins bowling is illegal, why is he still allowed to play and is one of the best bowlers in the world?

Kohli needs to get his head out of his ***. Unacceptable play since IPL. And Rahul seems to be useless in non-limited over situations.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
If Ashwins bowling is illegal, why is he still allowed to play and is one of the best bowlers in the world?

Kohli needs to get his head out of his ***. Unacceptable play since IPL. And Rahul seems to be useless in non-limited over situations.

I love it when Indian fans act like BCCI =/= ICC :laugh:

Ashwin is a chucker

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Indian cricket fans are so easy to troll. It's like fishing with dynamite.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Indian cricket fans are so easy to troll. It's like fishing with dynamite.

Heh. Kind of makes sense though. I mean a country of over 1.25 BILLION people and cricket is the only sport where India is competitive on a consistent basis. And I don't mean that in disrespectful way. I am an American but was born and raised in India. I wish India was better at sports but cricket is all they got.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Made a mistake of telling 2 Indian blokes at work how Lara and Ponting are marginally better than Sachin because Sachin has a sketchy record away from the sub-continent. Geez, if looks could kill. For a week I was expecting to find my tires slashed or some **** like that.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Made a mistake of telling 2 Indian blokes at work how Lara and Ponting are marginally better than Sachin because Sachin has a sketchy record away from the sub-continent. Geez, if looks could kill. For a week I was expecting to find my tires slashed or some **** like that.

If I did this right, wasn't he a better batsman (via average, at least) away from home than at home?

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...;home_or_away=2;template=results;type=batting

Pakistan had a day at the Oval! Fantastic batting by Younis today. Thankfully he left his pogo stick at the hotel for this Test. This may be his last match in England of his career and what an innings!

To top it off, Pakistan claims 4 wickets before end of day with a 126 lead remaining.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA

I mean, if you gave a good, justifiable reason, most Indians would listen. If your reasoning is BS, you shouldn't expect anything else.

Back to back road test series victories for India. Pakistan also dominating. Time for the subcontinent to rise and take over :handclap:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Pakistan defeats England to level the test series on Pakistani Independence Day. People were sure England would steamroll Pakistan but the boys came through. Honestly very happy about this one!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
19 year old Haseeb Hameed really making waves in county cricket the last few months for Lancs as an opener... topped by centuries in both innings in the roses match that finished today.

Now has a 54 average in first class cricket through 16 matches. (4x 100's & 8x 50's.) Also only 7 runs off leading div 1 in runs and has faced ~700 more balls than any other batsman in the league.

Last 10 first class innings:

57*
100*

Wonder if England take him to the sub-continent... or let him wait until next summer to blood him.

Pretty much the best player that age in England since Cook, immense temperament and he has the pedigree at age-group level cricket too for England u19's, u17's and u15's.

Also not just a nurdler, his strike-rate may be low so far in his career but he flows beautifully through the off-side and plays quite like Root through leg with the back foot shots.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
It was satisfying. Never forget the 2007 WC debacle.

If this India-WI test is drawn, which looks highly likely, Pakistan will claim #1 Test ranking :yo:

It's not how I would have wanted #1 but #1 is #1.

Shame, though. BCCI could have played the series in December but decided against it. If they had, there could be a definitive #1 right now.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Fantastic to grasp #1 and under Misbah's guidance as well. He is undoubtedly one of Pakistan's best captains.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Pakistan hasn't won an ODI series in England in over 40 years. Oh no...

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Pakistan is awful in limited overs. An archaic approach and a captain with no guts or aggression. His innings today was depressing to watch and he went into a shell for 10 overs trying to get his 50.

And we selected no power hitters for the end of the innings. They pathetically rotate the strike at the end of the innings because they don't have the ability to hit big. Where the hell is Umar Akmal? He can hit boundaries with ease in the latter part of an innings.

And the fielding is downright pathetic. Don't even get me started about those lazy buffoons. Especially Hafeez, that guy has to go.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Pakistan is awful in limited overs. An archaic approach and a captain with no guts or aggression. His innings today was depressing to watch and he went into a shell for 10 overs trying to get his 50.

And we selected no power hitters for the end of the innings. They pathetically rotate the strike at the end of the innings because they don't have the ability to hit big. Where the hell is Umar Akmal? He can hit boundaries with ease in the latter part of an innings.

And the fielding is downright pathetic. Don't even get me started about those lazy buffoons. Especially Hafeez, that guy has to go.

Hafeez just makes me angry. He has no redeeming qualities - He can't bat, he can't bowl, he drops balls constantly. Meanwhile, Sami Aslam is not dressed. COME ON.

Azhar's 50 would have been impressive in 1990. Geez, get a move on. You're not going to beat England with that score!

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Hafeez just makes me angry. He has no redeeming qualities - He can't bat, he can't bowl, he drops balls constantly. Meanwhile, Sami Aslam is not dressed. COME ON.

Azhar's 50 would have been impressive in 1990. Geez, get a move on. You're not going to beat England with that score!

Hurt, what is your ideal XI? Here is mine:

Sharjeel
Aslam
Umar Akmal
Babar
Malik
Sarfraz (Captain)
Yamin
Nawaz
Amir
Wahab
Yasir Shah/Sohail Khan (depending on conditions)

Ideally a better all-rounder in place of Nawaz but I'm not sure who. Maybe a young player?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00