Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
It's England, that's all you need know.

We love choking

So pissed about that.

What's the famous saying? "Once again, England have snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory". Or something like that.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Braithwaite hit some proper balls for sixes. The Windies players are huge, strong, and know how to hit. Glad they won. If there's one team in cricket I don't hate, its them. Safe to say they will be the best T20 team of this generation. Way too many power hitters in that team.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Braithwaite hit some proper balls for sixes. The Windies players are huge, strong, and know how to hit. Glad they won. If there's one team in cricket I don't hate, its them. Safe to say they will be the best T20 team of this generation. Way too many power hitters in that team.

The first two balls by Stokes were garbage and deserved to get spanked. The third was better but Brathwaite had too much confidence at that point. He wasn't going to miss.

No international cricket for months but everything is happening in Pakistani cricket. Coach resigns, captain steps down and the selection committee has been dissolved.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What's the famous saying? "Once again, England have snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory". Or something like that.

Basically, as soon as he hit the first one you just knew that was it.

I feel sorry for Stokes though.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
RCB is absolutely stacked for IPL, but the bowling is pretty thin without Starc or Badree.

That being said, only one of them would've been able to play anyways.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Won't matter too much if they score 200 every match lol.

Sarfraz is the new T20 captain for Pakistan. Expected to be named ODI captain at some point as well. It'll all be for naught if the cliques can't be broken.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The first two balls by Stokes were garbage and deserved to get spanked. The third was better but Brathwaite had too much confidence at that point. He wasn't going to miss.

No international cricket for months but everything is happening in Pakistani cricket. Coach resigns, captain steps down and the selection committee has been dissolved.

So just another normal day?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Sad news out of England. James Taylor has been forced to retire due to a heart condition.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Goodness, RCB's batting is incredible. Sarfaraz Khan has come out of nowhere, he should be on India's squad from now on. Gayle inconsistent as usual, but AB, Kohli and Watson to a lesser extent were great.

Our bowling is so trash without Starc or Badree, lol. Hopefully one of them comes back soon.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I used to enjoy watching IPL but it's too batsmen dominated. There aren't really any awe inspiring bowling performances.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
I used to enjoy watching IPL but it's too batsmen dominated. There aren't really any awe inspiring bowling performances.

You must have missed the first two matches. Pune and Kolkata bowling was amazing. Hogg, Hastings and Chawla all took multiple wickets with economy under 6 for KKR. It was something to behold.

That being said, any match with RCB is going to be batsmen dominated, simply due to how good their batting is and how terrible their bowling is without Starc or Badree.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sad news out of England. James Taylor has been forced to retire due to a heart condition.

Just sucks.... one of our more talented batsmen to be frank... was a great player in all three formats and had just started to cement himself as a fixture in test and ODI teams.

Was looking forward to seeing him play in our middle order for next ten years.

In other news I decided this week that I am going to make a pilgrimage to watch Sangakkara play live before he retires for good. Always been one of my favourite players but somehow have never seen him play in person through a mixture of poor timing and bad luck!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He's not playing the counties is he? Where would you go?

Yep, he is playing some games for Surrey this season again. (he actually played vs Notts last week and got 32 & 86... I would have got the train down as Notts is not too awkward to get too... but was moving house at that point!)

Problem is that he is not going to play 'that' many by the looks of it with other commitments (CPL which may mean he does not play for Surrey from end of June to early August)...

I have two Surrey away games targeted (Yorkshire in early may and Lancs in last May) and hopefully he plays in one or the other... as soon as he is announced in team I am going to simply jump on a train or tram and go to the game (if I cannot get a lift!)

Old Trafford is only ~1hr away by public transport and Headingley about ~1hr30 away by public transport. By car ~35 minutes and ~45 minutes.

Last edited:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Very cool, Apple. Best of luck in seeing him before he removes himself completely from playing.

Inzi is now the chief selector for Pakistani cricket. There are talents that have been ignored for far too long and I hope he can bring these people in. Fakhar Zaman, Sami Aslam, Babar Azam batting up the lineup are just some of the top batting talents that could help Pakistani cricket but haven't been fully utilized.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
IPL Final 4 set: Gujarat Lions vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore Q1, Sunrisers Hyderabad vs. Kolkata Knight Riders in Eliminator.

RCB won their last 4 games in a row to win the second spot in the table. Virat Kohli was ****ing incredible. 919 runs in the 14 innings, including 4 100's and 6 more 50's. Still at least two more matches left, so 1000 runs is looking quite likely.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Great player but he's still a ****.

Let me guess, you don't like Kohli cause he dared to slegde Australian players, despite the fact that Australia has been sledging everyone for years.

I'd hate Kohli too if he torched my team on so many occasions.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
So in the first qualifier, Kohli went out for duck and RCB were at 5/29 with Kohli, Gayle, Watson and Rahul all gone.

That left it up to de Villiers, who got 79 off 47 to assure RCB of the win. Stuart Binny and Iqbal Abdulla were the only other members of the squad to hit double digits.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Was looking forward to the test season starting but SL barely put up a fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->