PROJECTED LTIR USED: $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE: $4,498,775

CURRENT CAP SPACE: $11,010,160
DEADLINE CAP SPACE: $20,919,304
TODAYS CAP HIT: $73,806,794
ROSTER SIZE: 22/23
CONTRACTS: 48/50
RESERVE LIST: 80/90
I used the Projected Cap Space $4.5mn + Crow's $6mn cap hit for he $10mn potential cap hit. I think that's shown in the current cap space provided ($11mn). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't the deadline cap space for next summer ... which is why $21mn in cap space is shown.

Regardless, the Hawks don't have an issue with cap space this and next year. I'm far more focused about our cap space in 2020-2021 and forward. Crow will be off the books by then.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I used the Projected Cap Space $4.5mn + Crow's $6mn cap hit for he $10mn potential cap hit. I think that's shown in the current cap space provided ($11mn). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't the deadline cap space for next summer ... which is why $21mn in cap space is shown.

Regardless, the Hawks don't have an issue with cap space this and next year. I'm far more focused about our cap space in 2020-2021 and forward. Crow will be off the books by then.

No as Crow is not on the LTIR. The could take on a $11,010,160 cap hit now and $20,919,304 cap hit at the TD.

The NHL cap is a big weird as players have a daily cap value.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Pretty sure Delia does not need to clear waivers. If crow is back and playing Delia with go to the rock and be back next year. They won’t waive ward although that would make me happy
many thanks.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
1. The Hawks have $20mn of cap space next year. Who do we have to re sign this summer? Forsling? Kampf? Perilini? Dahlstrom? KoekKoek? Kruger? Kunitz? Delia?

How much do you think it will take to sign Delia, Forsling, and Dahlstrom? This is even before assuming Anisimov possible trade which frees up another $4.5mn.

2. How many UFAs are you willing to sign next year? Karlsson and Panarin? LOL. One is realistic, if at all. How much do you think Stone will cost?

3. The LTIR only helps our cap space AFTER the season starts. Crow's $6mn will only come off the books AFTER the season starts. What does that do EXCEPT being able to eat a contract for a draft pick. And that contract in return better be expiring.

4. The Hawks still have $4mn+ in cap space this year. If you can tell me how the Hawks can eat a $10mn EXPIRING contract this year while receiving a draft pick in return ... please let me know.

NOW do you understand the Hawks have "enough cap space next year" means? I'm all for using cap space efficiently. However, please try to understand the mechanics AND context of our cap situation before blurting anything that comes to mind.

It doesn’t seem like you read my post, your point number 3 was clearly pointed out in my post. If people just skim over posts why should anyone bother to read their sh*t and answer them?

Let’s say the Hawks do get Panarin and Kakko and are looking good going into the playoffs, that Crawford LTIR can be used. Crawford is not going to help this team by being on the ice but his cap could definetly come in handy. Now will the opportunity present itself to use that LTIR cap? The future will tell but it’s better to have it than not to have it.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Per cap friendly.

PROJECTED CAP HIT: $75,001,225

PROJECTED LTIR USED: $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE: $4,498,775

CURRENT CAP SPACE: $11,010,160
DEADLINE CAP SPACE: $20,919,304
TODAYS CAP HIT: $73,806,794
ROSTER SIZE: 22/23
CONTRACTS: 48/50
RESERVE LIST: 80/90

He doesn’t understand how the cap works

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It doesn’t seem like you read my post, your point number 3 was clearly pointed out in my post. If people just skim over posts why should anyone bother to read their sh*t and answer them?

Let’s say the Hawks do get Panarin and Kakko and are looking good going into the playoffs, that Crawford LTIR can be used. Crawford is not going to help this team by being on the ice but his cap could definetly come in handy. Now will the opportunity present itself to use that LTIR cap? The future will tell but it’s better to have it than not to have it.
So you think adding Panarin and Kakko will make the Hawks into legit championship contenders? That means NO Crow and going into next season with Delia as our #1.

You think Gus, Dahlstrom, Murphy, Forsling, Joker, Boqvist, Keith, and Seabrook will magically become better defenders in 9 months ... starting a goalie with less than 40 NHL games?

I LOVE YOUR NEW ATTITUDE! Blackhawks is now the eternal optimist of the board.

I read your post. You just don't make much sense or understand the gist of my premise. We're NOT legit contenders next year. It's going to take another year. That's why I have 2020-2021 targeted ... instead of making a foolish move at the deadline next year. If I'm not mistaken, you rip on Bowman all the time for making unnecessary moves. Why would you want to push Bowman to do it again before the Hawks are ready to contend?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So you think adding Panarin and Kakko will make the Hawks into legit championship contenders? That means NO Crow and going into next season with Delia as our #1.

You think Gus, Dahlstrom, Murphy, Forsling, Joker, Boqvist, Keith, and Seabrook will magically become better defenders in 9 months ... starting a goalie with less than 40 NHL games?

I LOVE YOUR NEW ATTITUDE! Blackhawks is now the eternal optimist of the board.

I read your post. You just don't make much sense or understand the gist of my premise. We're NOT legit contenders next year. It's going to take another year. That's why I have 2020-2021 targeted ... instead of making a foolish move at the deadline next year. If I'm not mistaken, you rip on Bowman all the time for making unnecessary moves. Why would you want to push Bowman to do it again before the Hawks are ready to contend?

You don’t need to be legit contenders next year but getting everyone into the winning mentality goes a long way, 08-09 team wasn’t contender either but if it wasn’t for the experience of 08-09 I doubt there is a cup in 09-10. Kakko and Panarin will make a whole world of difference yes, maybe getting a top 4 rental D will help. Again I am not saying they win the cup next year but this team has a chance if they get too 2 picks to do something fun and win 2 rounds. I do think that they can win it in 20-21 if Stan doesn’t **** this up.

Also Crawford is washed up at this point, why do you want him on the team so bad, he hasn’t been able to stop a beach ball all year long, you think after another concussion and playing all scared not to get injured is gonna help? Are the Hawks gonna keep him there for the sake of keeping him there?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ward has little value in the market (which I am sure you know) so trading or waiving him is not an option really. You just terminate his deal if you really need to do something.
I don't know if they can do anything to the deal, without Wards consent. He's stuck here. It's not a big deal if Delia has to go back down.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He can’t say no to the termination, at leas I don’t think he can. He can say no to the rest.
The Hawks have to have a reasonable excuse for the termination (like Mike Richards incident, or Patrick Berglund), you can't just terminate because you don't like him around anymore, or else Seabs would be gone.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Hawks have to have a reasonable excuse for the termination (like Mike Richards incident, or Patrick Berglund), you can't just terminate because you don't like him around anymore, or else Seabs would be gone.

You can if you pay him out. You realize this is nothing like those deals as it has no term left right?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yes, but he can say - no thank you and there ain't **** the Hawks can do.

I doubt the Hawks ever do that, cuz PR.

100 % spot on. even if they do, a majority of the fans will agree with the move, however what a pr hit the org will get.

got to let this one play out.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What PR? Wtf are you guys talking about?

This would be just like the Garrison termination.
What are you saying? Seems you're saying Ward cant say no to being terminated. That's not true.

Garrison and Rundblad's were mutual terminations. (So they could easily go play on Europe) They cant just terminate Wards deal against his will for no valid reason

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What are you saying? Seems you're saying Ward cant say no to being terminated. That's not true.

Garrison and Rundblad's were mutual terminations. (So they could easily go play on Europe) They cant just terminate Wards deal against his will for no valid reason

That is not what I am implying or trying to imply (my bad if that is how it came off). I am saying that it would be nothing like Richards or Berglund.

Ward could say no to the mutual termination but I doubt he would as long as he get his full pay. I doubt he would have an issue mutually terminating.

There would be no PR issues here.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
With that cap space I am a little frightened. Stan will be overpaying FAs 10X and handing NTCs out with them like candy.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
With that cap space I am a little frightened. Stan will be overpaying FAs 10X and handing NTCs out with them like candy.
With all the shrewdness Bowman has shown in trades and drafting, it is absent when it comes to signing contracts for some reason. He is really bad with all the NTC/NMCs that he is practically giving away for free without getting anything back in term or caphit. Hope he smartens up.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Ward could say no to the mutual termination but I doubt he would as long as he get his full pay. I doubt he would have an issue mutually terminating.
That's not termination. That's a buyout, and there's clear rules for that, including a cap hit that stays with the team.

NHL contracts are guaranteed. Terminating a contract requires a breach of contract of sorts by the player (eg. not showing up for games, or criminal activity). That would leave no cap hit similar to cutting a player in the NFL.

Or both sides can just agree to terminate the contract, but then there can be no money paid out.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
You don’t need to be legit contenders next year but getting everyone into the winning mentality goes a long way, 08-09 team wasn’t contender either but if it wasn’t for the experience of 08-09 I doubt there is a cup in 09-10. Kakko and Panarin will make a whole world of difference yes, maybe getting a top 4 rental D will help. Again I am not saying they win the cup next year but this team has a chance if they get too 2 picks to do something fun and win 2 rounds. I do think that they can win it in 20-21 if Stan doesn’t **** this up.

Also Crawford is washed up at this point, why do you want him on the team so bad, he hasn’t been able to stop a beach ball all year long, you think after another concussion and playing all scared not to get injured is gonna help? Are the Hawks gonna keep him there for the sake of keeping him there?
I'm not begging for Crow to be on the team next year. In fact, I'd like him to retire for his long term health. However, his contract is not a big deal because it expires next year. That's my point. It's Anisimov, Seabrook, and Keith's contracts that are the potential anchors. We need to get rid of 2/3.

This comes from a poster who preaches financial responsibility in regards to the salary cap. However, Crow's contract is the least of our problems next year.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
That is not what I am implying or trying to imply (my bad if that is how it came off). I am saying that it would be nothing like Richards or Berglund.

There would be no PR issues here.
You don’t get your full pay if you agree to mutual termination. They’re not gonna move Ward anyway unless he wants to move but with his sons situation I doubt he does.

PR isn’t the right word for it but Holic is right that the Hawks have a player friendly culture that they’ve worked hard to cultivate the past decade. Ward is gonna finish his deal out here.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I sincerely hope Crow changes his thought processes and just retires.

Just want that guy to have a somewhat normal functioning life and if he keeps getting concussed that is not going to be the case

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I sincerely hope Crow changes his thought processes and just retires.

Just want that guy to have a somewhat normal functioning life and if he keeps getting concussed that is not going to be the case
i agree.... i would love to have Delia up here to continue his development. Delia development is more important at this stage and i really doubt he can no better than seeing nhl players and game situation.

ref to CC let him go on LTIR next season .

ref Ward, i am sorry to say this, but he is toast.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00