Injury Report: Crawford (head)

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Delia AND Forsberg for the rest of the season. See what we got there.

Ward is a soon to be 35 year old goalie sporting 4.17GAA and .883sv%. He's completely done. He has no future with this team. His NMC make things tricky but Hawks should just pay him the full money to disappear (buyout). If he doesn't wanna do that, put him in the press box until he does.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Delia AND Forsberg for the rest of the season. See what we got there.

Ward is a soon to be 35 year old goalie sporting 4.17GAA and .883sv%. He's completely done. He has no future with this team. His NMC make things tricky but Hawks should just pay him the full money to disappear (buyout). If he doesn't wanna do that, put him in the press box until he does.
Disagree.

Give Delia good large cup of coffee this year and see how he does playing behind 18 mewling pantywaists. If he doesn't look good send him back to Rockford for seasoning and bring back Forsberg.

Keep Ward up here because unlike Forsberg, Delia, or Nalimov his development can't be damaged by the circle-j*** in front of him.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
after reading the posts, i am wondering what will happen if he is ready this season ?? what will the Bhawks do ??

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
No one is trading for Crow ... so it's Crow and Delia next year. Too bad we can't trade Forsberg.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He should go on LTIR, he is useless for the team now, he has hugely declined with these injuries and Delia plus Ward(1.5M) plus cap savings is much better for the Hawks than an injury prone goalie playing like crap paid top dollar, that money can be used toward something else.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He should go on LTIR, he is useless for the team now, he has hugely declined with these injuries and Delia plus Ward(1.5M) plus cap savings is much better for the Hawks than an injury prone goalie playing like crap paid top dollar, that money can be used toward something else.
It actually can't, while he is still on contract.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I don't think the Hawks can just put Crow on LTIR. He has to prove that there is a long term injury.

Crow's contract doesn't really matter. His $6mn deal ends in 2020. We have enough cap space next year. And when we need to sign our youngsters in 2020 and on, Crow will be off the books.

Clearing the books for the future is about Seabrook and Anisimov ... and perhaps Keith and Saad.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I don't think the Hawks can just put Crow on LTIR. He has to prove that there is a long term injury.

Crow's contract doesn't really matter. His $6mn deal ends in 2020. We have enough cap space next year. And when we need to sign our youngsters in 2020 and on, Crow will be off the books.

Clearing the books for the future is about Seabrook and Anisimov ... and perhaps Keith and Saad.

When you and many others say “we have enough cap space for next year” what does that mean exactly? That statement makes zero sense, the way I look at it is every penny of cap space or cap used should be used efficiently and if it’s not you are not gonna win. Yes theroretically speaking hawks have cap space to ice a team next year but they would be a better team with the Crawford 6M in LTIR being used towards something else. Yes I also understand he has to approve his LTIR but at this point he’s being an idiot and playing when he just got two concussions in a row Don you think? His LTIR can’t be used at the beginning of the season but it can sue be used via trades or signings once season starts. This team needs to start winning next year even if they don’t make it deep, they need to get in the playoffs and get in the winning mentality preparing for something for 20-21.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
then Ward is release via waivers i guess.
Delia would go down. But I'd Crow comes back he starts, and Delia shouldnt be sitting there backing up at this point. Him being sent down would be for playing time.

If Crow is back next year for sure he should be the backup. And Lankenin and hopefully Nalimov in Rockford.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
problem is, will Ward and or his camp will want too or IR.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Delia would go down. But I'd Crow comes back he starts, and Delia shouldnt be sitting there backing up at this point. Him being sent down would be for playing time.

If Crow is back next year for sure he should be the backup. And Lankenin and hopefully Nalimov in Rockford.
next season is next season.

if CC comes back this yr, move out ward and continue to let Delia grow with the development.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
When you and many others say “we have enough cap space for next year” what does that mean exactly? That statement makes zero sense, the way I look at it is every penny of cap space or cap used should be used efficiently and if it’s not you are not gonna win. Yes theroretically speaking hawks have cap space to ice a team next year but they would be a better team with the Crawford 6M in LTIR being used towards something else. Yes I also understand he has to approve his LTIR but at this point he’s being an idiot and playing when he just got two concussions in a row Don you think? His LTIR can’t be used at the beginning of the season but it can sue be used via trades or signings once season starts. This team needs to start winning next year even if they don’t make it deep, they need to get in the playoffs and get in the winning mentality preparing for something for 20-21.
1. The Hawks have $20mn of cap space next year. Who do we have to re sign this summer? Forsling? Kampf? Perilini? Dahlstrom? KoekKoek? Kruger? Kunitz? Delia?

How much do you think it will take to sign Delia, Forsling, and Dahlstrom? This is even before assuming Anisimov possible trade which frees up another $4.5mn.

2. How many UFAs are you willing to sign next year? Karlsson and Panarin? LOL. One is realistic, if at all. How much do you think Stone will cost?

3. The LTIR only helps our cap space AFTER the season starts. Crow's $6mn will only come off the books AFTER the season starts. What does that do EXCEPT being able to eat a contract for a draft pick. And that contract in return better be expiring.

4. The Hawks still have $4mn+ in cap space this year. If you can tell me how the Hawks can eat a $10mn EXPIRING contract this year while receiving a draft pick in return ... please let me know.

NOW do you understand the Hawks have "enough cap space next year" means? I'm all for using cap space efficiently. However, please try to understand the mechanics AND context of our cap situation before blurting anything that comes to mind.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If Crawford comes back this year there is only one real option and that's sending Delia back to Rockford. Unless they go to ward and ask him to waive his no trade clause.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
1. The Hawks have $20mn of cap space next year. Who do we have to re sign this summer? Forsling? Kampf? Perilini? Dahlstrom? KoekKoek? Kruger? Kunitz? Delia?

How much do you think it will take to sign Delia, Forsling, and Dahlstrom? This is even before assuming Anisimov possible trade which frees up another $4.5mn.

2. How many UFAs are you willing to sign next year? Karlsson and Panarin? LOL. One is realistic, if at all. How much do you think Stone will cost?

3. The LTIR only helps our cap space AFTER the season starts. Crow's $6mn will only come off the books AFTER the season starts. What does that do EXCEPT being able to eat a contract for a draft pick. And that contract in return better be expiring.

4. The Hawks still have $4mn+ in cap space this year. If you can tell me how the Hawks can eat a $10mn expiring contract this year while receiving draft pick in return ... please let me know.

NOW do you understand the Hawks have "enough cap space next year" means? I'm all for using cap space efficiently. However, please try to understand the mechanics AND context of the cap circumstances ... before blurting anything that comes to mind.

Per cap friendly.

PROJECTED CAP HIT: $75,001,225

PROJECTED LTIR USED: $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE: $4,498,775

CURRENT CAP SPACE: $11,010,160
DEADLINE CAP SPACE: $20,919,304
TODAYS CAP HIT: $73,806,794
ROSTER SIZE: 22/23
CONTRACTS: 48/50
RESERVE LIST: 80/90

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
then Ward is release via waivers i guess.

Pretty sure Delia does not need to clear waivers. If crow is back and playing Delia with go to the rock and be back next year. They won’t waive ward although that would make me happy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad