Confirmed with Link: Craig Smith 5 years, 4.25M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
It's a terrible contract. We need a reliable proven scorer - like that Kessel guy. Sure, $7mil instead for $4mil, but he's so superior, like Smith has only 19G, where Phil has 20.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Da Turd es en fuego!

quick someone come up with a flaming pile of poo smilie or avatar

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Not lookin for Smith inparticular but this morning it was. Im even more focused there now. If Smith finishes with 20 I have to change my avatar to a pretty revolting pic due to a bet. But im not going to lose the bet. 21 games to go and I do have cause to watch Smiths stats close for these games. its all about probabilities now. Like Smith has 2 goals against Dallas this year and none against St Louis.

bart+scott.png

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Strikes me as odd as well, but there are people on here who know him personally so I'd imagine if anything odd happened, we would know.

I just checked and his FB page was active as of 1 PM yesterday and he posted a sweet message to his wife's page. Looks like both of them are okay. :handclap:

He just disappears occasionally--maybe it's a mojo thing.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I just checked and his FB page was active as of 1 PM yesterday and he posted a sweet message to his wife's page. Looks like both of them are okay. :handclap:

He just disappears occasionally--maybe it's a mojo thing.
Does he go to most games and wear a custom gold jersey that says Byrd on it? (I think the number might be 4). If so I've seen him a few times up in the 300s. Always wondered if it's him.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Does he go to most games and wear a custom gold jersey that says Byrd on it? (I think the number might be 4). If so I've seen him a few times up in the 300s. Always wondered if it's him.

He says he doesn't go to games.

I will take that bet but it will have to be somewhere else other than at the Bridgestone if I win I will not be attending games. But I will be happy to SPot you what the 14 bucks if he does in fact reach 20. Now I will clarify this the one rule they must be in regulation or OT just as shootout goals do not count as stats they would not apply here as well.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
He may have that jersey--sounds familiar. But the last time I saw him he was wearing overalls and was on club level. It was either earlier this season or late last season. Time just runs together for me these days.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I concur. I don't know him except from his posts here. He doesn't strike me as someone who sits out just because his prognostications are not panning out.

My comment was actually a light jest, but I'm glad we have confirmed he is still rocking out :yo:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Not lookin for Smith inparticular but this morning it was. Im even more focused there now. If Smith finishes with 20 I have to change my avatar to a pretty revolting pic due to a bet. But im not going to lose the bet. 21 games to go and I do have cause to watch Smiths stats close for these games. its all about probabilities now. Like Smith has 2 goals against Dallas this year and none against St Louis.
Bumpus

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Third leading goal scorer on the best team since the AS break - this guy is worse than a pile of steaming turds, we're gonna' regret that $4mil a year sooooo much....

That Miley Avatar not gonna' mean much when the guy isn't required to at least show up and acknowledge it.... c'mon Byrd, don't be a Vesey..... :)

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well with the way Smith has been playing on a consistent basic for the past couple years I would definitely take him over Colin Wilson. He has proven to be a much more reliable player.

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Maybe because I told him this is going to be his avatar for the entire off-season if Smith pots 20.

That was not what you said but that's fine. You said thru the playoffs. So I lost this bet. Was not the first I lost in my life but I am a man of my word. Heres the avatar as disgusting as it is.

It still does not change my opinion that Smith is over paid and really over valued here.

I have not been here for a while, have been doing upgrades to the house. But as I scan quickly I have not missed anything over the last month to 6 weeks what ever the length has been. I find the Vesey thread particularly comical. People need to get a grip. The guy could be a 30 goal scorer or a flame out. The only thing in the entire process that is discouraging is that Poile did not add to Johanson to make the team better before the trade deadline. So its another pick that was pissed away.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
That was not what you said but that's fine. You said thru the playoffs. So I lost this bet. Was not the first I lost in my life but I am a man of my word. Heres the avatar as disgusting as it is.

It still does not change my opinion that Smith is over paid and really over valued here.

I have not been here for a while, have been doing upgrades to the house. But as I scan quickly I have not missed anything over the last month to 6 weeks what ever the length has been. I find the Vesey thread particularly comical. People need to get a grip. The guy could be a 30 goal scorer or a flame out. The only thing in the entire process that is discouraging is that Poile did not add to Johanson to make the team better before the trade deadline. So its another pick that was pissed away.

That's right sorry. Just through the playoffs. That doesn't mean our playoffs, but the entire cup finals. You're a man of your word and I appreciate that. :handclap:

Glad you aren't dead or anything, I was getting a little worried.

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
That's right sorry. Just through the playoffs. That doesn't mean our playoffs, but the entire cup finals. Your a man of your word and I appreciate that. :handclap:

Glad you aren't dead or anything, I was getting a little worried.

Don't know if you have ever had to endue remodeling your home but I tell you its well HELL. I have had new wood floors put in the whole inside painted and a total gutting of a bathroom to put in a new stand alone shower in the last 6 weeks. Where I had plenty of downtime before I have had very little recently, Where I was catching 3 games a day minimum I have been lucky to catch 3 a week for a while now. I did look thru the game logs last night anD saw Smith and Forsberg both had a 5 game stretch where they each had 10 points that's really an unreal group of games for anyone. 2 points per for 5 does not happen often. That saved Smiths ass from my wrath for a while. But I still do think hes overpaid for what he has produced. Wilson is a down right disappointment. Both of these two are paid to have 45 points or more. Some still think since Smith hit 20 hes golden. And I saw on even pot hes an American Hero....Really Really this guy needs to get a grip. I feel sure that was just to poke at me but I have met heros and served with many Smith is not a hero.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Don't know if you have ever had to endue remodeling your home but I tell you its well HELL. I have had new wood floors put in the whole inside painted and a total gutting of a bathroom to put in a new stand alone shower in the last 6 weeks. Where I had plenty of downtime before I have had very little recently, Where I was catching 3 games a day minimum I have been lucky to catch 3 a week for a while now. I did look thru the game logs last night anD saw Smith and Forsberg both had a 5 game stretch where they each had 10 points that's really an unreal group of games for anyone. 2 points per for 5 does not happen often. That saved Smiths ass from my wrath for a while. But I still do think hes overpaid for what he has produced. Wilson is a down right disappointment. Both of these two are paid to have 45 points or more. Some still think since Smith hit 20 hes golden. And I saw on even pot hes an American Hero....Really Really this guy needs to get a grip. I feel sure that was just to poke at me but I have met heros and served with many Smith is not a hero.

It had more to do that many called Jones that in his time here. Jones is now gone. I saw that tweet and that was the first thing that came to mind. The Jones American Hero replacement. And I will say Smith far earns that title for the team more than Jones ever did (other than his trade value).

It was not meant to insult real heros.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It had more to do that many called Jones that in his time here. Jones is now gone. I saw that tweet and that was the first thing that came to mind. The Jones American Hero replacement. And I will say Smith far earns that title for the team more than Jones ever did (other than his trade value).

It was not meant to insult real heros.
Sports are full of hyperbole. I don't think anyone in their right mind believes he's some kind of actual hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad