Rumor: Craig Morgan: Coyotes Looking for “Gritty” 5-7 D

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Y'all just ignoring the skill part of the quote? They want someone who can skate with the puck and make outlet/entry passes, not some plug that can barely get out of his own zone.
So a physical, gritty shut-down D, with great analytics, who is a swift skater and a great passer in three zones? But who also happens to be a bottom pairing D rather than an NHL All-Star?

member 290103

Could probably pry Troy Stecher out of Vancity for a 1st rounder.

dimedime

May 31, 2019
:help:
Coyotes best writer Craig Morgan (who only reports what he’s told by the team) is a rock solid source. In his latest article in The Athletic he wrote:

“Even when Hjalmarsson returns, the Coyotes may be in the market for another defenseman. Two sources said the Coyotes are exploring the possibility of adding a defenseman with a combination of grit and skill who could join the depth chart as a third-pair or No. 7 option.”

The article goes on to say they need a heavier presence at the bottom of their blueline and their current 5-7 options are pushed around too easily.

Neutral Zone: Hjalmarsson is on the mend, but Coyotes may... Neutral Zone: Hjalmarsson is on the mend, but Coyotes may need more defensive depth

So as I look at the bottom of the standings, the first name I see is Dylan McIlrath in Detroit. Then there’s Kurtis McDermid in LA. Finally I see Nick Seeler in Minnesota.

Thoughts on those three names? Are there any others we should be looking at? Who else fits the bill?

Karl Alzner is gritty af.:dunno:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So a physical, gritty shut-down D, with great analytics, who is a swift skater and a great passer in three zones? But who also happens to be a bottom pairing D rather than an NHL All-Star?

Someone like Colin Miller, not waiver wire garbage.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If the yotes are looking for an absolute rock for a 6/7 dman... I'm sure many Flames fans wouldn't mind suggesting a familiar face in Mr Mikey Stone.

Failing that... Hey Philly fans, can we borrow a mascot costume to ship a mineral down south?

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
can we sell john moore as gritty? kevan miller fits the bill but i wouldn't trade him personally.

Ha, I came here to propose Kevan Miller. Send him and maybe a fifth-round pick to Arizona and Boston gets Christian Fischer (right-shot C/RW) in return.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ha, I came here to propose Kevan Miller. Send him and maybe a fifth-round pick to Arizona and Boston gets Christian Fischer (right-shot C/RW) in return.
Kevan Miller would be perfect. I’d probably trade Fischer for him too. I’d love to add him. If he was healthy and playing looked okay. But right now, not interested.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Kevan Miller sounds like the best bet, I know the Avs want more puck moving D on their roster so if you guys want to take Connauton back I feel like he fills that role and would be super cheap.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This sounds like Greg Pateryn or Nick Seeler.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He just oozes intangibles though

like a jelly donut
I follow your Seabrook posts on the Blackhawks website, and I'm well aware of the low opinion of him that you express there.

They're quite a bit different from the tone of your trade proposals.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I follow your Seabrook posts on the Blackhawks website, and I'm well aware of the low opinion of him that you express there.

They're quite a bit different from the tone of your trade proposals.
The jelly donut comment wasn't already a dead giveaway?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad