Craig MacTavish hired as Lokomotiv head coach (and fired - 09/24/19)

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I don’t buy Craig was fired, more likely they heard he was quitting and fired him first to save face. Craig has achieved everything in hockey, worked for a top tier organization and likely just decided it wasn’t worth the tax on his family and personal life. He stepped aside from the Oilers to pursue this opportunity and likely regretted his decision to leave and has decided to come back, let’s leave it at that and stop the speculation boys.

Arent you doing the same speculating in this post?

This must be tongue in cheek right, since he's quit every job that he was about to be fired from.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
MacT still lives in Edmonton so don't everyone freak out when he shows up at an Oilers game in the near future.

It just means he's working for the team again.. Nothing else. :laugh:

LOL, was just going to say... "MacTavish rehired in the capacity of professional scout for the Oilers" notice incoming in.......3.......2....

Reactions: EagerPug

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Some sports management know when to move on if it's not working. I imagine this decision was based off more than the team's record, and that they weren't impressed with his approach.

I still can't get my head around the concept of hiring a coach that probably doesn't speak a lick of russian to coach a team of predominantly Russians that likely don't speak english. Communication is like the most important part of coaching and they can't even speak the same language. No idea how Mike Keenan pulls it off.

Reactions: Aerrol

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He'll probably just hire him to do something without any announcements whatsoever. Kinda like how we all randomly found out Howson had been rehired some years back.

Oh man...lets hope not. Honestly though Katz would be undoing the good will he started when he handed the keys to Holland.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oh man...lets hope not. Honestly though Katz would be undoing the good will he started when he handed the keys to Holland.

I believe Holland was actually planning on asking him to stay IIRC, but MacT actually was a man about it and left on his own accord.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I believe Holland was actually planning on asking him to stay IIRC, but MacT actually was a man about it and left on his own accord.

Or maybe he was going to be let go and he quit just before that happened. Or he has some dignity and decided to leave.

I like the last possibility.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wait.. Lokomotiv is 6-2-2 right now. Or did they win 2 games right after MacT left?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Have to think Katz will hire him as a scout. Probably unofficially though, but wouldn't surprise me at all to see him at the draft table in June.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
“The Edmonton Oilers have announced that they have hired Craig MacTavish as a special consultant” :laugh:

Reactions: KYams17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad