Craig MacTavish hired as Lokomotiv head coach (and fired - 09/24/19)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
People are treating this lightly, but Katz may create a position for him. He has always looked after the 80’s Oilers.

I think Holland has total say over the hockey side, so at least it shouldn’t be in hockey operations ...

Optics matter.
I wont make fun of this firing and I wish MacT the best but Katz would be creating a public relations disaster by bringing him back in any capacity. I just cant see that happening.
I have to believe that Katz has learned something.

Reactions: Dorian2 and bone

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Optics matter.
I wont make fun of this firing and I wish MacT the best but Katz would be creating a public relations disaster by bringing him back in any capacity. I just cant see that happening.
I have to believe that Katz has learned something.

He'll probably just hire him to do something without any announcements whatsoever. Kinda like how we all randomly found out Howson had been rehired some years back.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Only if (when) the Oilers hire him. No NHL team bothered to hire him in any capacity BEFORE his disastrous GM tenure so I can't imagine anybody would be interested now. Then again, a team hired Chiarelli since NHL teams love their recycled trash so you never know.

That's not true. He was the coach of the AHL Chicago Wolves.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Didn’t really seem like a good idea for Mactavish right from the day it was announced. Not even surprised he didn’t last longer. Lots of young players on that team with many of them not speaking English. Mac T was never good with kids, doesn’t speak the language and had only coached one season in the last ten years. That’s three big obstacles right there. That long rope he’s had since he’d rejoined the Oilers wasn’t going to be available to him over there, either. Now he knows how the rest of the hockey world lives. He’s got no other option than to come crawling back here if he’s not ready to retire. The question is when are we going to find out about it? We didn’t find out about Howson for at least 6 months after he was rehired.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I don’t buy Craig was fired, more likely they heard he was quitting and fired him first to save face. Craig has achieved everything in hockey, worked for a top tier organization and likely just decided it wasn’t worth the tax on his family and personal life. He stepped aside from the Oilers to pursue this opportunity and likely regretted his decision to leave and has decided to come back, let’s leave it at that and stop the speculation boys.

Reactions: Tw0Shoes

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don’t buy Craig was fired, more likely they heard he was quitting and fired him first to save face. Craig has achieved everything in hockey, worked for a top tier organization and likely just decided it wasn’t worth the tax on his family and personal life. He stepped aside from the Oilers to pursue this opportunity and likely regretted his decision to leave and has decided to come back, let’s leave it at that and stop the speculation boys.

Arent you doing the same speculating in this post?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad