Craig Berube

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If he's determined to leave Schenn on the top line then the bottom six should be

Vandevelde-Raffl-Bellemare
Umberger-White-Lecavalier

that way we have a semi-decent 3rd line.

The 4th line would have to be limited to like 30 seconds per night but at least there'd only be one of them

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
If he's determined to leave Schenn on the top line then the bottom six should be

Vandevelde-Raffl-Bellemare
Umberger-White-Lecavalier

that way we have a semi-decent 3rd line.

The 4th line would have to be limited to like 30 seconds per night but at least there'd only be one of them

It is still sad :cry: But you are right it is better!

Oh fun fact I noticed, Raffl is 7 goals away from 20. Not too shabby really. He has been thrown allover the lineup and has been injured/sick off and on. I always like Raffl.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
I've said it before but I think Berube is trying to use a system he likes, but knows he doesn't have the defense for yet. He's obviously coordinated with Hextall. So that when our young guns pan out in the next 2-3 years, everyone else (notably the forwards and our vets) will already have the system down to a tee and they can bail out the ones still learning.

This is assuming he doesn't get fired anytime soon, which if the above is happening, he won't.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
The worst part about Berube is everyone in the media, local and national, loves him. Roenick gave him an A for the season...therian, jones, clement, boucher...have all praised him all year.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Everyone above are either idiots or paid to say good things about the organization.

Just a theory regarding his system of play and coaching style and if he has talked to Hexy concerning it. It's a long shot but it could be what is unfolding.

Berube is a dunce with TOI and line-up decisions though. Absolutely the worst coach in the entire NHL in that regard. Basically anything that put pressures on him or requires an immediate decision, he screws up on. He doesn't panic like the team does or get too jittery about it, so he gives off the old cliche of being old, wise, calm and collected yet he is still deluded in his ways. Something inherently destructive to the team because they take his word as the gospel.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just a theory regarding his system of play and coaching style and if he has talked to Hexy concerning it. It's a long shot but it could be what is unfolding.

Berube is a dunce with TOI and line-up decisions though. Absolutely the worst coach in the entire NHL in that regard. Basically anything that put pressures on him or requires an immediate decision, he screws up on. He doesn't panic like the team does or get too jittery about it, so he gives off the old cliche of being old, wise, calm and collected yet still deluded in his ways. Something inherently destructive to the team.

You don't think I was talking about you with that comment, do you?

To be clear, I was talking about the comment above me where the guy listed the media people who were saying good things about Berube... they're the ones who are either idiots or being paid to say good things about the organization.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
You don't think I was talking about you with that comment, do you?

To be clear, I was talking about the comment above me where the guy listed the media people who were saying good things about Berube... they're the ones who are either idiots or being paid to say good things about the organization.

Ah I thought you meant "Everyone above" as recent posters.

:laugh: My mistake.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The worst part about Berube is everyone in the media, local and national, loves him. Roenick gave him an A for the season...therian, jones, clement, boucher...have all praised him all year.

no one is the local media or someone who has a voice within the team is not going to speakout against Berube's shortcomings. The national media is the same way. When was the last time you heard anyone call out a coach. It just doesn't happen.
I still think Hextall wants to have his own guy next season.

RJ8812*

no one is the local media or someone who has a voice within the team is not going to speakout against Berube's shortcomings. The national media is the same way. When was the last time you heard anyone call out a coach. It just doesn't happen.
I still think Hextall wants to have his own guy next season.

The fact that we havent heard any rumours about the team looking to extend Berube tells us a lot with respect to his future here. If they wanted him back, an extension would have already been worked out by now

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
If Hexy is going to allow Berube to almost Single handedly lose games like last night, trade every single d man that we can.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
When your top guys arent producing and clearly in a slump, you dont take away their ice time, you give them more to gain momentum back. its not a 3rd or 4th line, these are your top guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad