Craig Berube

SchennSational1022*

If he's brought back **** Hextall, he can get fired too if that happens. Had enough of this ********.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He may be extended. Guys like PEB are killing themselves tonight , Choosing Vinny over G, the team must be freaking yet we stuck with him, it isn't a lock that he's gone.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Hard to get a feel for Hexy's opinion on chief. I have a feeling he'll be brought back and be fired in season.

EDIT: Wait, is this his last year under contract? If so, that changes things. Can't see him being fired in 1st year of new deal.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
He may be extended. Guys like PEB are killing themselves tonight , Choosing Vinny over G, the team must be freaking yet we stuck with him, it isn't a lock that he's gone.

If they re-sign him I'm seriously considering taking a break from hockey. Not even exaggerating. Watching him these last two seasons (more-so this one) is already excruciating and a lot to put up with.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
If they re-sign him I'm seriously considering taking a break from hockey. Not even exaggerating. Watching him these last two seasons (more-so this one) is already excruciating and a lot to put up with.

I don't have it in me to not watch hockey, but I feel you. Every time there's a prime offensive zone draw, and I see 76, 78, and 40 on the ice I can feel my stomach doing backflips. It's beyond frustrating.

It's kind of the same feeling as being in the passenger seat with a really bad driver. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hard to get a feel for Hexy's opinion on chief. I have a feeling he'll be brought back and be fired in season.

EDIT: Wait, is this his last year under contract? If so, that changes things. Can't see him being fired in 1st year of new deal.

Having a new deal has never stopped anyone from being fired on this team.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I still can't believe he called out G's line after the OT loss to CBJ last night, not that G or Voracek are above reproach, but come on nitwit, you play the 4th like like you should be playing G's line, and enough with the merry-go-round line changes, how are any of these players supposed to dvelop any kind of chemistry when every 3-5 games they have different linemates

The fact that it would be a cold day in hell if Berube actually sat Grossmann for a game or 2 because well he sucks and has a terrible hockey IQ, he's just a giant mastiff on the ice that plays like a real mastiff on skates, but keep healthy scrating Luke Schenn and MDZ, (I know it's been a little bit since he has but still) the PK is horrible, the D is not good at all the ice times are a mess, and IMHO he stiffles the young kids development

If this clown is here next year it will be hard for me to support and watch the Flyers BUT I will because I'm a creature of habit, but my faith in Hexy will dwindle a bunch and it will put another year on G and The Snake, I'd rather Hexy not bring Nitwit back and find a coach that fits what his vision is for the future, I would love Babcock but I doubt he comes to Philly, I'm sure Hexy can find a coach that is better than Berube, hell Giroux could coach better than Nitwit, it's just getting stupid at this point with him behind the bench, I don't think he'll be let go until the season is over but it just seems redundant to have him continuelly jack this team up further so who ever is the next coach has to work that much harder to un-**** this team

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I didn't have a problem with them being called out, they haven't scored a goal at even strength in almost a month. Giroux and Voracek haven't been playing well at all.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I didn't have a problem with them being called out, they haven't scored a goal at even strength in almost a month. Giroux and Voracek haven't been playing well at all.

It's fine to call them out; no one is beyond that. However, putting them in tougher situations to 'get their game going and play harder' is asinine.

Berube has some good systems, sure. We don't have the personal for them. When you have an icing and the other teams bottom lines are on - Berube says throw on the 4th line.... that's inexcusable. Flat out Pejorative Slured; characterized by a slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
It's fine to call them out; no one is beyond that. However, putting them in tougher situations to 'get their game going and play harder' is asinine.

Berube has some good systems, sure. We don't have the personal for them. When you have an icing and the other teams bottom lines are on - Berube says throw on the 4th line.... that's inexcusable. Flat out Pejorative Slured; characterized by a slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness.

You have to wonder if it's only members from HFBoards who take notice. I mean at some point the GM needs to step in and take care of the situation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Giroux actually has fewer 5v5 P/60 than Vandevelde. But Vandevelde is only behind Voracek.

That line not scoring 5v5 in almost a month may have something to do with not have Raffl.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm beginning to suspect Raffl is better than Schenn, which would be deeply discouraging.

That's pretty silly. He's also 26, in his prime, and has never even put up a 30 point season in the NHL. He may in fact be a better fit for the Giroux line, but Schenn is the better player now and in the future.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'm beginning to suspect Raffl is better than Schenn, which would be deeply discouraging.
Raffl may be a better defensive player, but he isn't nearly as effective offensively as Schenn. He only has 3 assists despite playing on the first line for a large part of the season.

martz11

Mar 5, 2013
PA
Raffl may be a better defensive player, but he isn't nearly as effective offensively as Schenn. He only has 3 assists despite playing on the first line for a large part of the season.

Could you point me to these stats?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad