Craig Berube

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
B7-fUINCUAALCEZ.jpg:large

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Suggestion: Turn this thread into a "Do you approve of Berube?" poll, so we can have some unanimity on this forum for a change.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
Craig Berube is a ****ing legend. Ever since he first stepped foot on that frozen pond when he was a young lad, he was destined for greatness.

He would go on to have an amazing hhof worthy career as a player, winning multiple stanley cups, putting up elite numbers aswell as playing incredible defense. He was well respected and feared by every player in the league because he was a physical force like none other ever seen in NHL history.

Legend has it on occasion he would even use teammate Jeremy Roenick as a chest protector and play goalie in practices. Nobody could ever score on him, and he could very well have been the greatest goaltender of all time if he decided to play the position full time.

After retiring from his playing days, Craig married to his long time girlfriend kate Upton, and had two beautiful children who they named Zac Rinaldo and Niklas Grossmann. They would both go on to become NHL legends, cementing their names in the history books just as their father had before them.

Craig would eventually become head coach of the Philadelphia flyers, a position he holds to this day and will undoubtably have for decades to come. He is best know for his ability to assign ice times like no one has ever done before, and also changing up the lines 500 times a game. He has implemented a new strategy which reduces the ice times of star players and increases the ice times of 4th line grinders. This genius strategy has coaches and management alike all over the league kicking themselves for not think of the ingenious strategy first.

Craig says when the time finally comes where he has to step away from hockey, he aspires to become a sidewalk. "I've got all this concrete in my head, I might as well put it to good use," says Berube.

Craig Berube is a god amongst men, and flyers fans are so greatful to have him in the organization. He is truly the greatest hockey mind that has ever walked the earth.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
craig berube is a ****ing legend. Ever since he first stepped foot on that frozen pond when he was a young lad, he was destined for greatness.

He would go on to have an amazing hhof worthy career as a player, winning multiple stanley cups, putting up elite numbers aswell as playing incredible defense. He was well respected and feared by every player in the league because he was a physical force like none other ever seen in nhl history.

Legend has it on occasion he would even use teammate jeremy roenick as a chest protector and play goalie in practices. Nobody could ever score on him, and he could very well have been the greatest goaltender of all time if he decided to play the position full time.

After retiring from his playing days, craig married to his long time girlfriend kate upton, and had two beautiful children who they named zac rinaldo and niklas grossmann. They would both go on to become nhl legends, cementing their names in the history books just as their father had before them.

Craig would eventually become head coach of the philadelphia flyers, a position he holds to this day and will undoubtably have for decades to come. He is best know for his ability to assign ice times like no one has ever done before, and also changing up the lines 500 times a game. He has implemented a new strategy which reduces the ice times of star players and increases the ice times of 4th line grinders. This genius strategy has coaches and management alike all over the league kicking themselves for not think of the ingenious strategy first.

Craig says when the time finally comes where he has to step away from hockey, he aspires to become a sidewalk. "i've got all this concrete in my head, i might as well put it to good use," says berube.

Craig berube is a god amongst men, and flyers fans are so greatful to have him in the organization. He is truly the greatest hockey mind that has ever walked the earth.

i lirl'd

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
This board is going to lose it's mind this summer when Berube is not fired. I am calling it now.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Voracek plays 18:25 a night.

Only 3 players in NHL history have won an Art Ross with less than 20mins TOI.

Only 1 player in NHL history has won an Art Ross with less than 19mins TOI.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
He is best know for his ability to assign ice times like no one has ever done before
Craig says when the time finally comes where he has to step away from hockey, he aspires to become a sidewalk. "I've got all this concrete in my head, I might as well put it to good use," says Berube.

Amusing :laugh:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009

Berube is on board with the tank and he is also helping Hexy out by trying to keep Jake's production down ahead of an extension. What a genius hockey mind.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
He needs an amazing defense to make his system work.

Which is why he probably won't be fired for a bit.

Once the team gets a sustainable defense in the next couple years building from the net out with prospects and signings. I think if we're still a .500 team with a defense that looks good-very good on paper, he'll get the can if he can't do anything with it. Don't expect him to be booted this summer though.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia

I'm really having trouble articulating how I feel about Berube right now.

It's that trickle down effect from playing Lecavalier too much. Most of the minutes that the 4th line plays should be going to Couturier to develop his offense, or to Jake and G. Hell, even the D zone draws that the 4th line gets should be going to Laughton when he gets back.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

A good coach will implement a system that fits the talent they have. The fact that Berube refuses to do something like that just shows out of touch he is with things. Why would any coach implement a system that won't work with the talent he has available? This team has won in spite of, not because of, Berube.

Once the team gets a sustainable defense in the next couple years building from the net out with prospects and signings. I think if we're still a .500 team with a defense that looks good-very good on paper, he'll get the can if he can't do anything with it. Don't expect him to be booted this summer though.

Berube's gone this summer. He would have been extended by now if they wanted to keep him. He's lame duck and he knows it. He was a Holmgren hire, not Hextall and as we saw this summer with the Gord Murphy hiring, Hextall will look at bringing in his own people.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Craig Berube is a ****ing legend. Ever since he first stepped foot on that frozen pond when he was a young lad, he was destined for greatness.

He would go on to have an amazing hhof worthy career as a player, winning multiple stanley cups, putting up elite numbers aswell as playing incredible defense. He was well respected and feared by every player in the league because he was a physical force like none other ever seen in NHL history.

Legend has it on occasion he would even use teammate Jeremy Roenick as a chest protector and play goalie in practices. Nobody could ever score on him, and he could very well have been the greatest goaltender of all time if he decided to play the position full time.

After retiring from his playing days, Craig married to his long time girlfriend kate Upton, and had two beautiful children who they named Zac Rinaldo and Niklas Grossmann. They would both go on to become NHL legends, cementing their names in the history books just as their father had before them.

Craig would eventually become head coach of the Philadelphia flyers, a position he holds to this day and will undoubtably have for decades to come. He is best know for his ability to assign ice times like no one has ever done before, and also changing up the lines 500 times a game. He has implemented a new strategy which reduces the ice times of star players and increases the ice times of 4th line grinders. This genius strategy has coaches and management alike all over the league kicking themselves for not think of the ingenious strategy first.

Craig Berube is a god amongst men, and flyers fans are so greatful to have him in the organization. He is truly the greatest hockey mind that has ever walked the earth.

:laugh: The whole thing is great but this part got me

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

:laugh: If he needs an amazing defense to make his system work then that's just more proof he's a ****ing horrible coach. Don't be delusional, he's gone at the end of the year because he's a ****** coach who has no clue what he's doing.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The one thing I will really give him credit for is that he has made the team better at 5v5 transition... dropping our centres deeper to assist more with the D, and having one winger higher than the other.

They still get stuck on the boards in their own zone a lot but have far less trouble moving up ice once a pass is even slightly 'on'... as the centre and the deeper winger make it harder just to clog the neutral zone like teams used to.

The last year under Lavi our neutral zone transition was painful... though tbh the D that year may have been the 2nd worst in terms of personal and games played I have ever seen on a Flyers team. So not really sure how much is Berube and how much is signing Streit... and this year MDZ and Schultz, who all have good outlets. (L. Schenn also has a very underrated outlet.) Grossmann and AMac are probably now our two worst guys on outlets... and while Grossmann is atrocious at any passing AMac is ok with space, just awful with pressure.

Last year Berube did look far more competent than this year... I mean, he was still frustrating at times with his lines, player usage, obsession with his own specific line matching etc... but not to the crazy levels he has been this year.

I really wanted Willie Desjardins when Lavi went. I wish they could have got him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad