Craig Anderson to retire [Update: Signed to Buffalo]

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If the Sabres were tanking they'd have kept Dell, who was miserable in camp and preseason, up on the NHL roster. Instead, they stuck with Anderson and Tokarski, both of whom have been playing quite well. And in Tokarski's case, since last season.

But I'm sure you just wanted to drop a tank dig and move on so you don't care. :)

Yeah sure. Signing a 40 year old who almost retired + Tokarski and Dell is a clear sign the Sabres intended to make a playoff push.

Did they even try to sign Ullmark?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Im kind of liking how Buffalo after years of trying to get a good team (Eichel Hall) just kind of fell assbackwards into a team that is competing night in and night out after abandoning the "stars"

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Somehow he's still got it.

0a9664b863dc5de37fedf7cb0be29ae3.jpg

No wonder he moves so fast, looks like he weighs 40lbs here...

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
Yeah sure. Signing a 40 year old who almost retired + Tokarski and Dell is a clear sign the Sabres intended to make a playoff push.

Tokarski was already on the roster and played very well for the Sabres last season.

That 40 year old is presently outplaying Ullmark so I guess nothing of value was lost.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Granato even mentioned how when they were down in the Tampa game Anderson was instrumental in keeping the team's mind right.

Not a surprise at all. He's low key very funny too. Kinda catches you off guard. He made life long fans in Ottawa, glad he's still doing his thing.

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
Not a surprise at all. He's low key very funny too. Kinda catches you off guard. He made life long fans in Ottawa, glad he's still doing his thing.

Very easy guy to root for honestly. Nice to have that type of personality on the team compared to some of the more recent players the Sabres have had.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

I think they actually tried really hard to sign Ullmark and expected to be able to. That’s why they didn’t flip him at the deadline. Dude just didn’t want to be here (which…fair enough).

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Glad to see him doing well. Seems like an easy guy to root for, and always cool to see a story of a guy about to call it quits and doesn't and plays well.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

There were definitely conversations, but Ullmark’s injuries made him risky for a team that woulda absolutely needed him to stay healthy. Then Boston offered a boatload of cash and that was that. They definitely didn’t try to resign Hutton- from what I can tell they went for a guy that made sense and have been fortunate so far that Mr. Anderson is in matrix mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad